New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Don't Let This Happen to You
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
yes, it happens, I recall installing a set of ejectors in a shotgun and the spring let loose and split my thumb wide open including the nail to the quick...That smarted and I wore a cast for several weeks...

Posts: 41941 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Russell
I have fiddled with cap guns for a while but had very little experience with the rocklock.

When I got mine I had handled it some and as we all do cocked the hammer and the set the trigger as I peaked and poked at the new beast in the stable.

Somewhere in all of this, a body part got between a rock and a hard spot just before I touched the pre - set trigger (nice light pull since it was set)!!!

I guess that makes us flinchlock blood brothers! . . . . Or brothers of the stone or some such.

I did learn quick and have not repeated the performance in any way!

Posts: 4236 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
You know, that's precisely why I bought a couple of packages of that Quick Clot stuff I saw on a thread here a couple of week ago. I do things like that more often than I care to remember and the wife is just a menace with a sharp knife in the kitchen.
Russ, Let us know how you did when you get back.

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,I'm begining to believe you need to send all those nasty firearms to me for safe keeping, first the 500 and now a flinter, their out to get you boy-o

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote