New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 700 Muzzleloader???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a used Model 700 ML and was wondering if it can handle Magnum loads??? BOOM

Thanks

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, Got one my self Their rated for 150Gr loads.

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Both My Remington 700's 54cal & 50cal are only good for 120gr. of BP.
Before you fire a mag charge in yours, I would go to the Remington Web site and request a Manual or download one from there if they allow that.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Did some searching on this.
The 700 ML features a 1 in 28" rate of twist. The 700 ML weighs approximately 7 3/4 pounds and is 42.5" in overall length. The instruction manual states that the maximum charge should be held to 120 grains of black powder or Pyrodex in .50 caliber rifles and 90 grains in .45 caliber rifles.

The 700 MLS Magnum model is similar but features a 26" barrel and a fiberglass reinforced synthetic stock. The MLS is 44.5" long and weighs about 7 7/8 pounds. According to the Remington Catalog 2003, the 700 MLS earns its "Magnum" nomenclature by being rated for up to 150 grain charges of either black powder or Pyrodex.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Al

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Once again THANKS cheers

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I've shot three pellet loads in the original 700ML without a hitch. It actually was pretty accurate with 250 Shockwaves.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
To save yourself a ton of money in components go strait to loose powder. I have seen several of these that will only shoot acceptably with loose grain powder.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington will tell you the older 700 MLs will handle 150 grains too......the "Magnum" models have a longer barrel, but the anything relating to strength and the ability to handle the 150 grain charge is the same.

Having said that.......100 grains of 777 pushing a 250 grain bullet in a black Hornady High Pressure sabot does right at 2000 FPS in my older 700 ML......furthest kill so far was a whitetail doe at a lazered 204 yards.......

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote