New
Find
Notify
Tools

He Really Has Lost His Mind Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Link

Trump thinks he invented the Iowa caucuses, which Democrats started in 1976 with Republicans joining in 1980.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Link

Trump thinks he invented the Iowa caucuses, which Democrats started in 1976 with Republicans joining in 1980.

He's full of shit. George Santos beat him to it.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The the hell is a caucus?

What does do that an election does not?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

It's a weird way of doing an election where everybody who wants to vote shows up at designated places at the same time. It really is the least democratic way to pretend to be doing democracy, unlike a normal election with early and absentee voting, but Party bigwigs like caucuses because their most dedicated voters will turn out while most everybody else will blow it off.

This Iowa caucus was a great example, less than 100,000 people showed up, just barely over half voted for the Orange Turd but it's touted as some great victory. We'll argue about whether somewhere with 51,000 people is a town or a city, in a Country of 300+ million, but those 51,000 are supposed to tell us something about who should be President.

In one of the least diverse, most homogenous States in the Country with very little industry or urban population. They do have a lot of corn.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could only stomach listening to that depraved grifter for thirty seconds.

Everytime he opens his mouth, lies come out. He does seem to have gotten more at home with a teleprompter.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I could only stomach listening to that depraved grifter for thirty seconds.

Everytime he opens his mouth, lies come out. He does seem to have gotten more at home with a teleprompter.

I like the way he moves his hands and head!

He keeps trying to get what little brains he has to function!

More than I can say for his voters! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
When only 14% of the voters turn out and you only get 51% of those votes, I would hardly call it a resounding victory…….. Roll Eyes

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
When only 14% of the voters turn out and you only get 51% of those votes, I would hardly call it a resounding victory…….. Roll Eyes

No, it's a great victory, probably the greatest victory anybody's ever had...

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
What a hoot!
The header could be used for either of the parties’ leading candidates, only depending on the reader’s news sources and predispositions.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contrast that with the Iowa democratic caucus?

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

It's a variation of a primary election where candidates campaign for and present their views. The voters meet en masse to pick a candidate from the list and it's all over in a matter of hours. Electoral style primaries allow same day voting, but also IIRC allow mail in or other forms of early voting. The candidate who wins the majority of the primaries usually gets the nomination to represent his/her political party in the general election.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Contrast that with the Iowa democratic caucus?

There was no Democratic caucus because there is just one candidate [so far].

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Umm. No.

There is an overwhelming leader, but the congressman from MN (Phillips) and Marianne Williamson are listed as running against Biden.

Biden is acting like Trump and ignoring the other candidates. The democrats are doing like in 2016 and selecting their candidate by party leadership, not democracy.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
From Charlie Sykes at the Bulwark this morning:

Dominant but Vulnerable
Iowa's mixed message.
CHARLIE SYKES
JAN 17

He doth bestride the narrow world

Like a colossus, and we petty men

Walk under his huge legs. — Julius Caesar, William Shakespeare

Well, maybe not.

Lest there was any lingering doubt, the Iowa caucuses confirmed Trump’s dominance in the GOP. He crushed his opposition and is now described as basking in the momentum of his landslide. He bestrides a supine Republican Party like a colossus and petty men beg his favor.

But that’s only part of the story, and perhaps not the most important one. Iowa also revealed just how weak Trump may be in the general election. The Bulwark’s Joe Perticone takes a closer look at the numbers:

[Monday’s] caucuses saw just over 110,000 Republicans turn out to vote. In 2016, that number was nearly 187,000, around 70 percent higher. Some voters stayed home because of the cold snap, of course—it was 30 degrees below freezing in Iowa last night—notwithstanding Trump’s invitation to them to take their lives into their own hands.

But registering only around three votes for every five votes cast the last time there was an “open” primary suggests there could be a real enthusiasm problem among GOP voters. And in addition to this year’s low turnout, consider the fact that Trump, a quasi-incumbent with greater name recognition than anyone alive, earned the votes of just over half of the state’s caucusgoers—the most committed members of Iowa’s GOP.

Let’s break it down even further:

Only about 14-15% of GOP voters showed up; which means that Trump’s landslide total comprised about 8 percent of Iowa Republicans.

A substantial number of Republican voters are signaling that they are Never Trump. NBC reports that nearly half of Haley’s Iowa backers say they’d vote for Biden over Trump. As Mona Charen noted yesterday the pre-caucus poll by the Des Moine Register found that fully 25 percent of Iowa Republican caucus-goers say they won’t vote for Trump in November.

That’s reflected in some of the on-the-ground reporting from the Dispatch:

[It] was remarkable how many Iowa voters backing Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley told The Dispatch some version of the same thing Monday evening after Donald Trump’s commanding caucus victory: If he’s the nominee, count them out….

“I can’t believe that out of 340 million Americans, those are the two best options that we can come up with,” a Haley supporter named Greg told us from an elementary school caucus site in suburban Waukee. “But yes, I cannot see myself voting for Trump under any circumstances. He’s an insurrectionist and a criminal, and I will not support him.”

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I can’t believe that out of 340 million Americans, those are the two best options that we can come up with,

...the rest of the world is scratching it's head at this too.

I hope sanity prevails !

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
“I can’t believe that out of 340 million Americans, those are the two best options that we can come up with,

+1 2020

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:

+1 2020

+1

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Listen to this stable genius...

Link

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bragging about not failing a basic cognitive test they only give to impaired people...

Link

This is the test...

Link

Can you find the whale?

Link

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bragging about not failing a basic cognitive test they only give to impaired people...

yeah, you are right, seems a little feeble

but, hey, what's biden's take on it? hear it from his own lips
https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol...mp-tapperctn-vpx.cnn

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
What about rest of the world?
Show me leader of any country who is not power hungry

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Carter may have been an example of a "leader" who wasn't power hungry and who was a Christian.

We saw what happened to him. He served one term. Lost the election to a populist, and some trickery. The Christians didn't flock to Carter. Why? Was it because he was a Democrat? Or something else????

Could the answer be that Carter wasn't power hungry enough to suit them and their visions.

Yet, Christians are flocking to Trump. Why?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19764 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

Wedge issues.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

Wedge issues.

https://politicaldictionary.com/words/wedge-issue/

For example: saying that Obama was the most divisive POTUS is a wedge issue. Apparently, those who believed that just had to raise the anti - to prove the point that divisiveness smoke was there all along. It just needed the proper stoking to reach flame. Obama just handed them the fire poker.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19764 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's another Wedge:

Or, is this more properly called a wedgie? Wink

(Wedgie: the condition of having one's clothing wedged between the buttocks)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...305320f6070d4e&ei=48

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA), when asked if Joe Biden’s presidency is “God’s will”: “It must have been.”
1d

At a House Republican leadership press conference on Wednesday, Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) was asked if he believes Joe Biden’s presidency is “God’s will.” Johnson replied: “It must have been.” The full exchange:

Reporter: “Do you believe that Joe Biden’s presidency God’s will?”

Johnson: “Is Joe Biden’s presidency God’s will? Oh, I know where you’re going with this. Okay, so, I said in my speech before I took the gavel that, look, I’m a Bible-believing Christian, right? Bible-believing Christian believes what the Bible says, right? The Bible says that God is the one that raises up people in authority. I believe God is sovereign. By the way, so did the founders. I quoted the Declaration of Independence. They acknowledged that our rights don’t come from government; they come from God, and we’re made in his image. Everybody’s made the same. We all are given equal rights and value, and that’s something that we defend. So, if you believe all those things, then you believe that God is the one that allows people to be raised in authority. It must have been God’s will, then. That’s my belief, right? But I think that a nation makes a decision collectively because we’re given the free will to do that, and I think we’re going to make a much better choice as a country coming up in this election cycle. We’re very much looking forward to that regime change.”

XXX

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
What about rest of the world?
Show me leader of any country who is not power hungry

Yes, they are, but those in other countries have an IQ larger than their shoe size.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
What if they have small shoes?

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jimmy Carter may have been an example of a "leader" who wasn't power hungry and who was a Christian.

We saw what happened to him. He served one term. Lost the election to a populist, and some trickery. The Christians didn't flock to Carter. Why? Was it because he was a Democrat? Or something else????

Could the answer be that Carter wasn't power hungry enough to suit them and their visions.

Agreed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link

This is the test...

Link

Can you find the whale?

Link

Has slo joe taken it????? animal

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Agreed

Carter lost his hatchet man, Bert Lance, right away and didn't have a backup.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

Link

This is the test...

Link

Can you find the whale?

Link

Only folks who appear to be cognitively impaired are usually given that test, Joe doesn't need it.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Link

This is the test...

Link

Can you find the whale?

Link

Only folks who appear to be cognitively impaired are usually given that test, Joe doesn't need it.

jumping jumping jumping jumping jumping jumping jumping jumping jumping

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
quote:

Agreed

Carter lost his hatchet man, Bert Lance, right away and didn't have a backup.

I forgot about Bert Lance. Grifters and con artists - The reason he resigned: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Lance#BCCI_scandal

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now he thinks Nikki Haley was in charge of security at the Capitol on Jan 6...

Link

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Link

This is the test...

Link

Can you find the whale?

Link

So, Stumblin, Mumblin Joe meets YOUR definition of "normal cognitive behavior" -- With things like "Where's Jackie", handshaking air, and needing handlers (like the EASTER bunny) to guide him off-podium being common for ole Joe... well, I guess that meets YOUR normal -- which, honestly, explains many things

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Link

This is the test...

Link

Can you find the whale?

Link

Cult member!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote