New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do we solve the border/immigration issue? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
OK, as long as we are asking the big questions this morning, how DO we resolve the festering problem of our porous Southern border and our completely non-functional immigration system?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Ultimately it might become a war as this is quite unprecedented and government is at fault ( both houses and judicial branch as well )
I reckon, that’s how Indians felt in 17 and 1800’

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
OK, as long as we are asking the big questions this morning, how DO we resolve the festering problem of our porous Southern border and our completely non-functional immigration system?

And our northern border? It was always well-known that it was easier to get into Canada and slip across the border from there.

I'm not sure there is a humane way to keep a border tight when there is enough pressure from the other side.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Congress has plenary power over immigration. Easy. Shut down all immigration tomorrow and then aggressively deport everyone you find.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Even young genius software engineers waiting for work visas? What about all those laborers without whom many of our private sector businesses would stutter, or come to a halt? And then there is agriculture.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Shut the border. Deport every illegal found.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even young genius software engineers waiting for work visas? What about all those laborers without whom many of our private sector businesses would stutter, or come to a halt? And then there is agriculture.

Burger flippers are getting paid $20 an hour in some states. What is a fair wage to pay your migrants to pick your strawberries? I bet they don't get those wages.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jail those who employ undocumented workers for long terms and take all the money they have made by doing so, from managers on the floor to CEOs, and force shareholders to disgorge all gains made while a company knowingly or negligently used undocumented labor.

Right now Republican claims that "The border is wide open" are reaching would-be immigrants in Central and South America, starting them north. Replace that with "Nobody will hire undocumented workers" and the flow will slow to a trickle.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, the young genius software engineers wait for a green card.

They can get them, and relatively quickly.

Anyone in a field that we generally find a shortage in that can find a sponsoring business can get it done- and generally they can find employment at home so as to not need to rush over here.

I think that we need to put some teeth into status verification laws and put some onus on the employers to not hire illegals.

I think we should be using our government databases to find and deport illegal people.

I don’t support any kind of amnesty or dreamer program. At a minimum, I’d deport them and let them get in line for legal status starting at ground zero. I’ve seen way too much abuse of the whole anchor baby setup. We probably need to revisit birthright citizenship to be you get citizenship from birth only if your parents are legally here as a resident.

The whole open immigration system works only if you do not have a social welfare system.

With computers and the requirements we have for ID for so much of everything we do, if we considered illegal presence the same way we do dui laws (with restrictions before the court case is heard) and being found in the country without legal status meant immediate return to your country of origin until the case was resolved that would go a long way.

I do think it should be relatively easy to make a work permit system that gives a time limited ID that allows for a basic background check.

Given our social welfare system, I don’t agree with granting anyone refugee status on economic grounds. That’s essentially what regular immigration is.

I also don’t think that our immigration system should be doing anything based on social Justice. It’s an economic and legal system only.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Homegrown kids won't do manufacturing jobs these days, re-shoring isn't going well...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
An easy, online and in-person (kiosk?) CHEAP process, with background checks, issuing a TIN, for non-h1b roles -

This should be able to be done after-the-fact, in the case of those in the countries

with SEVER penalties for avoidance/misuse

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
An easy, online and in-person (kiosk?) CHEAP process, with background checks, issuing a TIN, for non-h1b roles -

This should be able to be done after-the-fact, in the case of those in the countries

with SEVER penalties for avoidance/misuse

Why not jail the people who hire them after taking all their money?

If they can't get jobs no more will come and those already here will leave.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
because I am not a vindictive person, and I care about making the future better - this is the land of opportunity, and *I* think it should be open to all productive people who want it. Let's say there's a building company, with 100 illegal roofers - then, tomorrow, all of them have a TIN, could have legal employment, paying taxes, getting a fair-er wage, and not having to worry about being run off without pay --

it will increase the costs of the company, and all those people will be better for it.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
because I am not a vindictive person, and I care about making the future better - this is the land of opportunity, and *I* think it should be open to all productive people who want it. Let's say there's a building company, with 100 illegal roofers - then, tomorrow, all of them have a TIN, could have legal employment, paying taxes, getting a fair-er wage, and not having to worry about being run off without pay --

it will increase the costs of the company, and all those people will be better for it.

Or, the owner, who is breaking the Law, and his office staff, who are breaking the Law, and his foremen, who are breaking the Law, could all go to prison for breaking the Law and word would very quickly get carried back by all the deported roofers that there are no jobs, stay away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Or, the owner, who is breaking the Law, and his office staff, who are breaking the Law, and his foremen, who are breaking the Law, could all go to prison for breaking the Law and word would very quickly get carried back by all the deported roofers that there are no jobs, stay away.

And the roofing company down the street that has always abided by the Law would no longer have to compete with the scoflaws, because they'd be in prison.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
will have zero effect on the border -
you are a vindictive person, I am not.

but only a damn fool would think both companies aren't employing illegals, as it's reality

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
will have zero effect on the border -
you are a vindictive person, I am not.

No, I'm just not in favor of granting amnesty to Republican law breakers who have spent years making money off those they vilify.

Nothing will dry up illegal immigration quicker than drying up the jobs.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
you are vindictive - until it's your bull that getting gored - Texas, for example, is really darn close to 50/50 GOP and Dems - We can assume that both sides equally partake in businesses - If we look at the Valley, it's much higher Dems - but who's employing the migrants (that's Texas for illegal pickers) ? Who's paying way below minimum wage?

Then we look at the big cities, which are further blue than the rest of the state, where the majority of these hypothetical roofers are engaged, as well as day laborers are being picked up at home depot -- I lay all this out as you have ZERO experience with what is actually happening, but I digress - If one is in Dallas, Travis, Bexar, and Harris counties, where nearly the majority of Dems live in Texas, that percentage is higher than, say, Denton, Montgomery, and Firestone counties -

Where, in fact, YOUR vindictive program would statistically pickup a far greater percentage of Dems than GOP -- your bull being gored, sir.

Neverminding that in the Dem Home states of California (they don't have magically legal migrants) and NY, where GOP is an endangered species, have huge illegal populations --

Jeff, let's face it, you present as mean spirited, vindictive, and frankly, short sighted in these matters - I expect that your "i don't mince words" attitude has resulted in a higher level of altercations than most people would see - and I would go so far as to think you are proud of you pugnacious attitude -

that's cool, boo, you do you.

but the question is what to do to solve the issue, and your "solution" does ZERO to help the illegals already present, in the tens of millions -

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff,
you are vindictive - until it's your bull that getting gored - Texas, for example, is really darn close to 50/50 GOP and Dems - We can assume that both sides equally partake in businesses - If we look at the Valley, it's much higher Dems - but who's employing the migrants (that's Texas for illegal pickers) ? Who's paying way below minimum wage?

Then we look at the big cities, which are further blue than the rest of the state, where the majority of these hypothetical roofers are engaged, as well as day laborers are being picked up at home depot -- I lay all this out as you have ZERO experience with what is actually happening, but I digress - If one is in Dallas, Travis, Bexar, counties, where nearly the majority of Dems live in Texas, that percentage is higher than, say, Denton, Montgomery, and Firestone counties -

Where, in fact, YOUR vindictive program would statistically pickup a far greater percentage of Dems than GOP -- your bull being gored, sir.

Neverminding that in the Dem Home states of California (they don't have magically legal migrants) and NY, where GOP is an endangered species, have huge illegal populations --

Jeff, let's face it, you present as mean spirited, vindictive, and frankly, short sighted in these matters - I expect that your "i don't mince words" attitude has resulted in a higher level of altercations than most people would see - and I would go so far as to think you are proud of you pugnacious attitude -

but the question is what to do to solve the issue, and your "solution" does ZERO to help the illegals already present, in the tens of millions -

See, that's the difference between a Democrat and a Republican: I favor prosecuting law breakers without regard to their political party, it's the violation of the Law that matters and the Law says hiring undocumented people is illegal.

And your insistence that this will have no effect is nonsensical. If you dry up all the jobs people are working illegally not only do those people leave because they can't get another job but when they get home they tell folks there not to bother coming.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but the question is what to do to solve the issue, and your "solution" does ZERO to help the illegals already present, in the tens of millions

You're assuming he wants to help the illegals. Maybe he's concerned that rewarding those who scoff at our laws will send a message to more millions in S. America that they can scoff too.

We should hire more border patrol, or send the National Guard, to close the border. We should hire more ALJs to process the claims of these economic migrants, and deport the ones who fail.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
See, that's the difference between a Democrat and a Republican: I favor prosecuting law breakers without regard to their political party, it's the violation of the Law that matters and the Law says hiring undocumented people is illegal.

And your insistence that this will have no effect is nonsensical. If you dry up all the jobs people are working illegally not only do those people leave because they can't get another job but when they get home they tell folks there not to bother coming.

quote:
No, I'm just not in favor of granting amnesty to Republican law breakers who have spent years making money off those they vilify.

Which of these two statements above was your LIE? Both, direct quotes from you, can't be equal truths - in one post you are vindictive against GOP, in the other post you feign equal-handedness - can't have it both ways -- either way, not only are you vindictive, you are, by your OWN words, a liar - expect you don't care

As for destroying their jobs without offering help -
Then they will starve in place, as they will have no money, nor hope of it, for traveling -

The question of the OP is "How do we solve the border/immigration issue?" I have presented a solution - you have presented a calamity

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

Which of these two statements above was your LIE? Both, direct quotes from you, can't be equal truths - in one post you are vindictive against GOP, in the other post you feign equal-handedness - can't have it both ways -- either way, not only are you vindictive, you are, by your OWN words, a liar - expect you don't care

As for destroying their jobs without offering help -
Then they will starve in place, as they will have no money, nor hope of it, for traveling -

The question of the OP is "How do we solve the border/immigration issue?" I have presented a solution - you have presented a calamity

I think you're wrong about where prosecutions/disgorgements would impact, I think it would hit many more Republican owners and investors if CEOs and managers are jailed and shareholders who profited from lawbreaking are forced to forfeit their ill-gotten gains, but it doesn't matter: enforce the existing Law against hiring undocumented workers and let the chips fall where they may.

And they didn't "starve in place" before coming here, and made a damned sight less, so I'm sure that. given the incentive of there being NO jobs they'll get home just fine.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The border has been secured before. Raiding into Texas from Mexico was common at one time. Men carrying rifles stopped it and secured it. It is not rocket science. The US Military could secure the border in a month if they were set to the task.

Secure border…what ever it takes.

Then we can discuss the rest. I am all for a liberal work visa program. As to professionals Bill, as already stated by Dr. B, they can easily be hired now. I have 2 foreign veterinarians who work for one of my companies. We sponsored them…easy/peasy…good folks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be damned. I agree with Lane.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think you're wrong about where prosecutions/disgorgements would impact,
I'm not - I live here, have setup businesses here, and hired construction companies - the state is roughly 40/40% Anglo/Hispanic - and roughly 50/50% Dem and GOP - but which of your statements was the lie?
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive: I think it would hit many more Republican owners and investors if CEOs and managers are jailed and shareholders who profited from lawbreaking are forced to forfeit their ill-gotten gains,
so, in ignorance, you think that the majority of business owners in Texas are Anglo - of course you do- With the state evenly split, and people being people, it's about half - Here's a CLUE, frequently Hispanics only work for Hispanics, as relatively few Anglos north of I10 speak spanish - I'm an exception to that, but no real import - but mighty racist of you to assume Hispanics aren't running companies
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive: but it doesn't matter: enforce the existing Law against hiring undocumented workers and let the chips fall where they may.
So, starving in place and drivng out long time familes is cool with you .. vindictive and heartless - got it
quote:

And they didn't "starve in place" before coming here, and made a damned sight less, so I'm sure that. given the incentive of there being NO jobs they'll get home just fine.

Dude, tell you what - take $20, leave EVERYTHING you own at home - sure, take your car/truck, that's fine - and try to drive to the Border -- it's 872 miles to Eagle Pass, and 881 to my favorite border town, Laredo - over 900 to Brownsville -- Take your, presumed, wife, and your truck full of gas, no id, no passport, no credit cards, no money past $20 bucks, and whatever food and water you have stored in your house - and start driving - you might decide to sell the vehicle prior to leaving, for extra cash, and make your way to Guatemala - and then, with what few dollars you have left, (no pension money, either) and start a life -- oh, yeah, bring your adult kids, as well....

It will be starve in place, local shelter, churches and charities that pay for you pogrom of destroying everything these people might have worked for --

You are so far removed for from the problem, your opinion isn't helpful

So, which time were you LYING, Jeff? going after everyone, equally, or just GOP? your answer isn't required, as your own proofs make you a liar -- word is bond, huh? going to get stroppy over your own words proving you to be a LIAR? I couldn't care less which path you choose, as you are just full of beans

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think you're wrong about where prosecutions/disgorgements would impact,
I'm not - I live here, have setup businesses here, and hired construction companies - the state is roughly 40/40% Anglo/Hispanic - and roughly 50/50% Dem and GOP - but which of your statements was the lie?
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive: I think it would hit many more Republican owners and investors if CEOs and managers are jailed and shareholders who profited from lawbreaking are forced to forfeit their ill-gotten gains,
so, in ignorance, you think that the majority of business owners in Texas are Anglo - of course you do- With the state evenly split, and people being people, it's about half - Here's a CLUE, frequently Hispanics only work for Hispanics, as relatively few Anglos north of I10 speak spanish - I'm an exception to that, but no real import - but mighty racist of you to assume Hispanics aren't running companies
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive: but it doesn't matter: enforce the existing Law against hiring undocumented workers and let the chips fall where they may.
So, starving in place and drivng out long time familes is cool with you .. vindictive and heartless - got it
quote:

Dude, tell you what - take $20, leave EVERYTHING you own at home - sure, take your car/truck, that's fine - and try to drive to the Border -- it's 872 miles to Eagle Pass, and 881 to my favorite border town, Laredo - over 900 to Brownsville -- Take your, presumed, wife, and your truck full of gas, no id, no passport, no credit cards, no money past $20 bucks, and whatever food and water you have stored in your house - and start driving - you might decide to sell the vehicle prior to leaving, for extra cash, and make your way to Guatemala - and then, with what few dollars you have left, (no pension money, either) and start a life -- oh, yeah, bring your adult kids, as well....

It will be starve in place, local shelter, churches and charities that pay for you pogrom of destroying everything these people might have worked for --

You are so far removed for from the problem, your opinion isn't helpful

So, which time were you LYING, Jeff? going after everyone, equally, or just GOP? your answer isn't required, as your own proofs make you a liar -- word is bond, huh? going to get stroppy over your own words proving you to be a LIAR? I couldn't care less which path you choose, as you are just full of beans

So, what other lawbreakers do you get all weepy at the plight of? Do you argue about the hardships imposed by jailing drug dealers? Coyotes bringing immigrants across? Thieves stealing to feed their families?

I would remind you that I don't belong to the faction that is framing this as America's greatest problem, I merely offered a solution that will work to stop it.

It's Republicans yammering about the supposed "open border" that is encouraging the folks in Central America to start north, I just think a different message would stop them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Easy solution to illegal entry, set up the mechanisms for background checks and jack up the quotas...

TomP

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Easy solution to illegal entry, set up the mechanisms for background checks and jack up the quotas...

I could work with that - and it be affordable

Jeff,
The question was a call to solving the immigration problem - i answered.

Now, which time were you lying? i know you wont answer it, and it's obvious to anyone that's read 6 or 8 of your posts -

"Republicans 'yammering'" - weird, this problem has grown over 7x since january 2021 - weird, huh? giant caravans, huge numbers, crisis in NYC .. weird how it's all since jan 21 -- I know, i Know, it's republican "yammering" ...

We also know your mind is made up, and facts won't change it

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Jail those who employ undocumented workers for long terms and take all the money they have made by doing so, from managers on the floor to CEOs, and force shareholders to disgorge all gains made while a company knowingly or negligently used undocumented labor.

Right now Republican claims that "The border is wide open" are reaching would-be immigrants in Central and South America, starting them north. Replace that with "Nobody will hire undocumented workers" and the flow will slow to a trickle.

No jobs, no free healthcare, no free education and they will go.....

All we need to q is enforce the laws of this nation!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given our social welfare system, I don’t agree with granting anyone refugee status on economic grounds. That’s essentially what regular immigration is.

I also don’t think that our immigration system should be doing anything based on social Justice. It’s an economic and legal system only.

Agreed 100%.

quote:
And the roofing company down the street that has always abided by the Law would no longer have to compete with the scoflaws, because they'd be in prison.

Agreed 100%, I fought that for many years!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff,

Then we look at the big cities, which are further blue than the rest of the state, where the majority of these hypothetical roofers are engaged, as well as day laborers are being picked up at home depot -- I lay all this out as you have ZERO experience with what is actually happening, but I digress - If one is in Dallas, Travis, Bexar, and Harris counties, where nearly the majority of Dems live in Texas, that percentage is higher than, say, Denton, Montgomery, and Firestone counties -

So, the "majority" of Democrats live in Dallas, Travis, Bexar and Harris Counties, but statewide company ownership is split 50/50 somehow, which by your reckoning means that Democrats are equally guilty of employing undocumented workers.

I say let's test it: Round up the managers and CEOs of the companies Immigration already knows so well, try and imprison the guilty and then look around at County Party meetings and see who is missing more members.

If it's illegal for Jose to work and it's illegal for you to hire him why does only Jose get rounded up?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Yes, Jeff - the majority of Texans live in a triangle - Harris to Bexar, through Travis, up to Tarrant/Dallas and back down through to Harris - 21 of 29 million - which holds the majority of major companies, including Fortune 500 company head quarters, and, relevant to the discussion, the overwhelming majority of houses being built -

but don't take my word for it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Triangle

You lack of knowledge of Texas combined with your willingness to expose it, is, well, telling. I also assume you have zero clue as to how low of a population density that that makes for the other areas --

It's illegal for a illegal alien to be within the Boundaries of Texas -- It's also illegal to speed on the highways -

So, back to you, with your profound lack of knowledge of the issue, which of your statements is a lie?

Seems like you don't know, but default to being vindictive.

Those feeling that our social programs can't support this, the fact is we already ARE supporting it - therefore increased Taxes from a worker's visa literally couldn't do anything but help

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, Jeff - the majority of Texans live in a triangle - Harris to Bexar, through Travis, up to Tarrant/Dallas and back down through to Harris - 21 of 29 million - which holds the majority of major companies, including Fortune 500 company head quarters, and, relevant to the discussion, the overwhelming majority of houses being built -

but don't take my word for it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Triangle

You lack of knowledge of Texas combined with your willingness to expose it, is, well, telling. I also assume you have zero clue as to how low of a population density that that makes for the other areas --

It's illegal for a illegal alien to be within the Boundaries of Texas -- It's also illegal to speed on the highways -

So, back to you, with your profound lack of knowledge of the issue, which of your statements is a lie?

Seems like you don't know, but default to being vindictive.

Those feeling that our social programs can't support this, the fact is we already ARE supporting it - therefore increased Taxes from a worker's visa literally couldn't do anything but help

I utterly reject your assertion that my statements are contradictory. I support enforcement of existing law against hiring undocumented workers and feel confident that jailing managers and CEOs that do so and forcing investors to disgorge ill-gotten gains realized from this law-breaking would impact disproportionately on Republicans, but I consider that a bonus, not a reason to enforce the law.

Enforce the law and let the chips lie where they fall.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I utterly reject your assertion that my statements are contradictory.

and yet they are - i guess you like alternative facts

quote:
See, that's the difference between a Democrat and a Republican: I favor prosecuting law breakers without regard to their political party,

quote:

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I utterly reject your assertion that my statements are contradictory.

and yet they are - i guess you like alternative facts

quote:
See, that's the difference between a Democrat and a Republican: I favor prosecuting law breakers without regard to their political party,

quote:

I'm not in favor of granting amnesty to Democrats, either, as I've repeatedly made clear. I just think a clean sweep would shake out more Republicans.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:

I could work with that - and it be affordable

RFK Jr notes that our system as is turns them loose with immigration court dates years in advance.
Meanwhile they have no work permits, maybe are supposed to eat lizards and dandelions?
No, they work for $5 an hour wherever they can. Just like we would do.
This, from a guy who was born with a silver spoon in his wheaties bowl.

Biden says he came up from Scranton, doesn't seem to mention this sort of thing.
I doubt that Pennsylvania coal country was ever any different.

Maybe
America's
Great
Already

TomP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If only one of our political parties had been trying for years to advance Comprehensive Immigration Reform without any cooperation from the other party...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Enforce the law and let the chips lie where they fall.

Agreed.

We don't need immigration reform, we need to enforce our existing immigration laws!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If only one of our political parties had been trying for years to advance Comprehensive Immigration Reform without any cooperation from the other party...

I assume you're referring to democrats? They had the chance under Clinton, obama and biden......did they do it? No! Why not? Because they don't care, they just use it as sheep fodder....just like the daca kids.....

If these illegals were driving down lawyers and politicians wages.....the border would be closed!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

I assume you're referring to democrats? They had the chance under Clinton, obama and biden......did they do it? No! Why not? Because they don't care, they just use it as sheep fodder....just like the daca kids.....

If these illegals were driving down lawyers and politicians wages.....the border would be closed!!!!

Because they never had the margin to defeat the Republican filibusters.