Find
Notify
Tools

Donate More to "Save America PAC" Soon Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Little Don's legal bills are mounting up:

quote:
Former President Donald Trump has been relying on campaign donations to his various affiliated PACs to pay down his massive legal costs, according to a new report.

On Tuesday, the New York Times' Maggie Haberman reported that Trump has primarily used his "Save America PAC" as a means to pay the various legal teams defending him amid four criminal indictments in three separate jurisdictions. According to the Times, the PAC was originally fueled with small-dollar contributions from his supporters as he sought to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Between money from Save America PAC and Make America Great Again PAC — which Haberman described as "an outgrowth of [Trump's] 2020 re-election committee" — the Times estimated that Trump spent approximately $50 million of donor contributions on paying defense lawyers. Additionally, Trump replenished his PAC accounts through a complex scheme involving refunds between the two entities.

Link

Suckers.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fear not, his brainwashed minions will bail him out no matter how often he shits the bed. They BELIEVE!

Every once in a while a charismatic despot with the power to sway weak minds is spawned - Pol Pot, Jim Jones, David Koresh, Adolf Hitler. Donald Trump is from that exact same mold.

The flat earth crew have nothing on the MAGAts. They have surrendered their ability to reason and replaced with blind conviction.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
Fear not, his brainwashed minions will bail him out no matter how often he shits the bed. They BELIEVE! .

The available options are limited. I'll vote Libertarian and sleep like a baby, but others can't seem to do it.

I'm wondering if RFK Jr can get on the ballot on all 50 states, and what happens after that.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will write in Joe Manchin, then I will be voting for someone I actually like.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
I’ll vote for Trump

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
I’ll vote for Trump

And you're not even ashamed to admit it. Says a lot about you.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Why would I be ashamed of it?
50/50 choice and I choose Trump
It’s called free world and free choice
You as lawyer should disbar yourself for denying that choice

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
Fear not, his brainwashed minions will bail him out no matter how often he shits the bed. They BELIEVE!

Every once in a while a charismatic despot with the power to sway weak minds is spawned - Pol Pot, Jim Jones, David Koresh, Adolf Hitler. Donald Trump is from that exact same mold.

The flat earth crew have nothing on the MAGAts. They have surrendered their ability to reason and replaced with blind conviction.

Exactly!!

Posts: 499 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
Why would I be ashamed of it?
50/50 choice and I choose Trump
It’s called free world and free choice
You as lawyer should disbar yourself for denying that choice

I can choose to eat a lump of dogshit by the side of the road, but that doesn't mean I should not be disgusted and ashamed of myself for doing it.

I'm not a lawyer anymore. I retired ten years ago. My official Alaska Bar status is "suspended" for non-payment of dues. Why pay dues if you're not practicing?

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland does Alaska not have senior or inactive status up there?

That way you maintain your good standing, but do not have to pay?

Now, if you are not going to do any work period I get it. However, most state bars provide folks of distinction (older) with good standing for no dues through senior or inactive status.

Feel free not to respond.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Alaska, lawyers on inactive status must still pay dues, though they are less than for practicing members.

I knew I'd never want to practice again, so why pay anything just to stay inactive?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Understood.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote