New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you tired of this chit? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4305c8febfaa80&ei=63

'Violence, malice and menace': Columnist warns Trump's threats must be taken seriously as walls close in on him
Story by Tom Boggioni • 4h ago

"He will threaten and encourage, through direct means as well as stochastic terrorism and other veiled commands, acts of violence, chaos, mayhem and murder. To that point, in response to his impending indictment and arrest for the crimes of Jan. 6, Trump is behaving like an unrepentant reprobate, as he rants and throws a fit on his Truth Social disinformation platform,"

"Violence is core and central to his personhood, identity, and way of being in the world. As mental health professionals continue to warn, Trump has shown himself to be a sociopath if not a psychopath,"

Alluding to a recent audio file Trump posted on his Truth Social account with the warning, "If you f--k around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are going to do things to you that have never been done before," DeVega suggested, "Violence, malice, and menace are the animating energy for Donald Trump's 2024 presidential campaign and his Hitlerian promise of a final battle and revenge against him and his MAGA movement's perceived enemies such as the Democrats, liberals, progressives, the news media, and any others who dare to oppose them and their plans to end multiracial pluralistic democracy."

https://www.salon.com/2023/07/...e-to-believe-donald/

It's time to believe Donald Trump
As the walls close, Trump's threats intensify — and he's deadly serious
By CHAUNCEY DEVEGA
Senior Writer

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19745 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Don’t even know what yer talking about. Take a break, go for a walk. Get off yer phone/computer.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, you think Trump's threats and incitement of violence is normal, or at least okay?

But your advice is well taken.

The best thing to do in times like this is to go fishing, but it's too hot to enjoy.

So, meanwhile Trump keeps gaining momentum for the GOP nomination despite the indictments, or because of them.

My guess is that your advice is to chill since there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

On top of everything else, Putin's threats, the heat, etc., we have a monster like Trump threatening the fabric of civility, with apparent impunity so far.

After all there is good news:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...305c8febfaa80&ei=156

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19745 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
You’re convinced Trump is Hitler resurrected. The GOP is convinced that is exactly what a real Hitler would want you to think. Yet…we’re all still here. I picked up a new canoe and can’t wait to hit the water.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new canoe. Smiler

BTW, I'm glad someone herein knows so much about what I and others think and want. Roll Eyes

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good lord, you constantly go on about the right and how it fascist, yet when someone puts it bluntly you state they don’t know what you believe?

Are you saying that you don’t believe the drivel you repost all the time?

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Drivel" is a very good word to define the above post, IMO.

Second choice is nonsense.

Third choice is WTF are you talking about?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

BTW, I'm glad someone herein knows so much about what I and others think and want. Roll Eyes

This is what I was talking about.

Tomahawker stated You’re convinced Trump is Hitler resurrected. The GOP is convinced that is exactly what a real Hitler would want you to think. and your response.

I've said many times that I think Trump failed in his duty.

We are now just beginning to see evidence that he knew he was lying.

I hope (and suspect) that Trump is going to lose ground as the sworn testimony starts coming out.

What you leftists don't want to admit is the biggest reason many folks were supporting Trump was they felt he was fighting the left the same way the left was behaving.

The left has lied with impunity for years because they were able to keep it in bounds that the courts were not willing to intercede on.

Face it, while there may not be any direct evidence that Biden is corrupt, why would all those people pay Hunter if they were not getting value for their money?

Look how what used to be considered a show of public service is now both a career path and a way to make yourself rich.

From what has been stated, Trump is going to have a hell of a time wiggling out from this indictment, unless there are a bunch of people who change their tune on the stand.

Lets hope the same can be found on Biden and we can begin to clean up public service in this country.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

This is what I was talking about.

Tomahawker stated You’re convinced Trump is Hitler resurrected. The GOP is convinced that is exactly what a real Hitler would want you to think. and your response.

The canoe comment was a serious compliment.

MY BTW comment was being sarcastic.

When I personally say or write that I'm convinced Trump is Hitler resurrected, then that's what I think. I never said such a thing. No one can correctly say that specifically is what I'm thinking. It was tomahawker's interpretation, embellishment, opinion. It's also invalid for reasons stated. It was a prod, which IMO didn't deserve direct rebuttal.

It's the same for his claim of what the GOP is convinced of.

Now, wasn't it more concise to just be sarcastic? By doing so, in effect, I was giving tomahawker credit for being smart enough to get it. Apparently I was correct.

As for you -- hummm.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

I've said many times that I think Trump failed in his duty.

We are now just beginning to see evidence that he knew he was lying.

I hope (and suspect) that Trump is going to lose ground as the sworn testimony starts coming out.

From what has been stated, Trump is going to have a hell of a time wiggling out from this indictment, unless there are a bunch of people who change their tune on the stand.

==============================================

What you leftists don't want to admit is the biggest reason many folks were supporting Trump was they felt he was fighting the left the same way the left was behaving.

The left has lied with impunity for years because they were able to keep it in bounds that the courts were not willing to intercede on.

================================================

Face it, while there may not be any direct evidence that Biden is corrupt, why would all those people pay Hunter if they were not getting value for their money?

Lets hope the same can be found on Biden and we can begin to clean up public service in this country.

================================================

Look how what used to be considered a show of public service is now both a career path and a way to make yourself rich.

I rearranged the part of your post that I didn't address above into related categories rather than scattered. I didn't change your words. I just associated your comments and thoughts together in segments. Most of what you said I agree with. Some I don't know what you're talking about.

Key quote: "What you leftists don't want to admit is the biggest reason many folks were supporting Trump was they felt he was fighting the left the same way the left was behaving. "

Key word: "felt".

It is/was all emotional and projection. I don't speak for the left, but I definitely admitted (claimed) the Right "felt" the way you described about Trump, and they still do. Now, you have admitted it too. There is a magnitude of projection going on with the Right; has been for a long time. All you need to do to see it is watch Fox News for just a little while, and see the twist/flip. What the Right is doing is justified in their minds because the "felt" and project.

BTW, in case it's not obvious to you, and others, "felt" doesn't equal fact. But it does equal truth insofar as consequences and behavior. It, "felt", supplants facts and the necessity thereof. Fox News knows this very well. There's power in that, money too, and they have a vast audience where "felt" can be and is manipulated.

Let's hope Smith, the DOJ, the judiciary doesn't rely on "felt" in the admin of the Rule of Law.

Let's talk later about Joe Biden's corruption when there is direct evidence.

Meanwhile the direct evidence of Trump's corruption and collaterally most of the GOP politicians still in office, and complicitly of practically all republicans, especially Trumpsters, sticks in my craw.

I can feel it. Wink

XXX