Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mass Murders solutions? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
First, nothing will prevent everything. However, these mass murder events can be mitigated.

My number 1 priority work be hardening schools. A tax on all Firearms and Ammunition sales to fund a Federal Block grant fir states to access to hire 4-6 man law enforcement teams at public school campuses. We can debate a cap or percentage of this tax. There is no one who is going to buy a Class 3 item that does not buy that item because of the 200 dollar tax. I would not add Semi Automatic, box feed, push button detach box magazine rifles to the NFA. I would add a 200 dollar tax to all such rifles and a 2 dollar tax to ammunition to pay for these state Law Enforcement Officers. I would also mandate their training in the Bill and presence on campus. One could require bi-annual training on days class is not in session and no extra curricular activities could be hosted on those days. In addition, I would use this tax to provide funding to update schools with electronic, key swipe locks, cameras, and metal detectors. The Bill would require schools to make these changes with funds provided from the tax.

Number 2, This can only be an option state legislature could advance, but I am throwing out all suggestions. Teachers who qualify to the same standard as the State Police in firearms marksmanship (standard qualification course) shall be permitted to carry a firearm on their person with no off body carry permitted. The State Police would be required to provide testing dates every 3 months at designated regions across the State. The Bill would deny and grant immunity from liability criminally or civilly any teacher who barricades in place with students and used the firearm in a declared lockdown or during an armed attacker on campus. If one wants

Number 3, I would draft a bill that incentivizes states to pass civil commitment laws for those who make threats of mass violence. A person so committed would loose the right to possess or be transferred firearms and ammunition.

Number 4, I would increase the age to 21 for purchasing center-fire, box magazine fed, push button release magazine semi automatic firearms. To possess or transfer the same to a person under 21 would be a Class B Federal Felony. This is the current law in regard to handguns through the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Title 18 Chapter 44). The handgun age restriction is currently constitutional. Make the Supreme Court overturn it if they will.

There you have it. Now, do not tell me what is wrong. We know that. Tell me what you would do about it.

Or you can take the Representative from Tennessee’s position on CNN and say, “Nothing we can do. This is the cost of freedom.”

A) I do not believe that,
And
B) That attitude will see anti gunners get elected.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the First Hand Killer Point of View video. Yes, he filmed himself of the Buffalo NY mass killer. The white guy who targeted African Americans killing 10 of them.

You do not want to see it. He was very precise.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
First, nothing will prevent everything. However, these mass murder events can be mitigated.

I don’t know if we really are willing to as opposed to be “seen doing something!!”

My number 1 priority work be hardening schools. A tax on all Firearms and Ammunition sales to fund a Federal Block grant fir states to access to hire 4-6 man law enforcement teams at public school campuses. We can debate a cap or percentage of this tax.

That would have done nothing about the latest one…

There is no one who is going to buy a Class 3 item that does not buy that item because of the 200 dollar tax. I would not add Semi Automatic, box feed, push button detach box magazine rifles to the NFA. I would add a 200 dollar tax to all such rifles and a 2 dollar tax to ammunition to pay for these state Law Enforcement Officers.

The power to tax is the power to ban.

I would also mandate their training in the Bill and presence on campus. One could require bi-annual training on days class is not in session and no extra curricular activities could be hosted on those days. In addition, I would use this tax to provide funding to update schools with electronic, key swipe locks, cameras, and metal detectors. The Bill would require schools to make these changes with funds provided from the tax.

How about some personal liability if they don’t act?

Number 2, This can only be an option state legislature could advance, but I am throwing out all suggestions. Teachers who qualify to the same standard as the State Police in firearms marksmanship (standard qualification course) shall be permitted to carry a firearm on their person with no off body carry permitted. The State Police would be required to provide testing dates every 3 months at designated regions across the State. The Bill would deny and grant immunity from liability criminally or civilly any teacher who barricades in place with students and used the firearm in a declared lockdown or during an armed attacker on campus. If one wants

Why stop there? One should be shielded from liability if the other actor is committing a criminal act.

Number 3, I would draft a bill that incentivizes states to pass civil commitment laws for those who make threats of mass violence. A person so committed would loose the right to possess or be transferred firearms and ammunition.

I don’t know about all states, but most do have commitment law re this. They just don’t utilize these laws because … financial is only one part, and a rather small one.

Number 4, I would increase the age to 21 for purchasing center-fire, box magazine fed, push button release magazine semi automatic firearms. To possess or transfer the same to a person under 21 would be a Class B Federal Felony. This is the current law in regard to handguns through the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Title 18 Chapter 44). The handgun age restriction is currently constitutional. Make the Supreme Court overturn it if they will.

And this will help how? Make it “more illegaler?”

There you have it. Now, do not tell me what is wrong. We know that. Tell me what you would do about it.

Or you can take the Representative from Tennessee’s position on CNN and say, “Nothing we can do. This is the cost of freedom.”

A) I do not believe that,
And
B) That attitude will see anti gunners get elected.

What needs to be done is a widespread public action campaign showing the public that the tools are already there, and naming and shaming those who refuse to use them.

County commissioners who refuse to pay for commitment care and guardianship for folks in need of it.

DA’s who refuse to pursue commitment of folks who are a reasonable danger.

Judges who use their own political beliefs to minimize dealing with folks early when you have a chance to do something before they end up hurting someone.

Families who enable relatives to get away without paying consequences for bad behaviors, or refuse to treat them…

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I suppose that addressing the perpetrators of homicide in general would be where I'd start.

No need to make enjoyment of a Constitutional right more arduous for law abiding citizens.

I believe that the psychology of these criminals has been dissected enough already and there is little to no value in keeping any murderer, crazy or not, alive any longer than is need for their conviction.

Require the entire family to gather and witness their murderer relative's brutal execution and I think you'd see a rapid decline in all forms of homicide.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, for starters, I would like to see centrally monitored security monitoring. HD cameras to identify intruders at a distance from the buildings. Electric solenoid security locks to prevent shooting out a window and opening a door. IOW's - deny access.

Posts: 3674 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Number 4, I would increase the age to 21 for purchasing center-fire, box magazine fed, push button release magazine semi automatic firearms. To possess or transfer the same to a person under 21 would be a Class B Federal Felony.

just throw the majority of soldiers under the bus, it's a long gun, for crying out loud .. you are literally outlawing remington autoloaders, BARS, etc, in you aim to blame all law abiding citizens for the acts of a crazy -- who used some weird pistol caliber carbine for the bulk of they actions .. do better

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hardening schools is the only solution.

I think closed campus uni-entrance perimeter fencing with a guard should be looked at. Prison grade fencing aimed the other direction.

My son’s school already has armed teachers with signs posted all around saying they are present. They also have a county sheriff’s deputy on campus all the time. This is good.

We have plenty of tax money already. Quit spending it stupidly apply it where needed.

Start punishing all 1st degree murder with positive proof with death. Quit demonizing police.

Mental institutions do need to be started back as well. But our looney society of today that says anything goes…will have a hard time committing anyone…but they should be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And churches, super markets and any number of places where people gather. Not a society I'd want to live in and symptomatic of a failed democracy.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do we need a new tax??????

To make you feel good???

We have enough money to hire 87,000 new IRS employees???? We've sent billions to the ukraine....we spend billions on illegal aliens....lets spend money on school security!

We need to enforce, strictly, the laws we already have!!!!

There is, and will always be, evil in this world. We need to acknowledge that and deal with it harshly and swiftly!

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

I think closed campus uni-entrance perimeter fencing with a guard should be looked at. Prison grade fencing aimed the other direction.

My son’s school already has armed teachers with signs posted all around saying they are present. They also have a county sheriff’s deputy on campus all the time. This is good.

We have plenty of tax money already. Quit spending it stupidly apply it where needed.

Start punishing all 1st degree murder with positive proof with death. Quit demonizing police.

Mental institutions do need to be started back as well. But our looney society of today that says anything goes…will have a hard time committing anyone…but they should be.

1st Degree Murder is not punishable with Death. Capital Murder is. There is a distinction created by the Supreme Court. States that have Capital Murder reserve it for mass murder among other things. So, that one is already done.

I disagree with your fencing. Schools are not internment camps. Appropriate Law Enforcement Security absolutely. However, you have to fund it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Why do we need a new tax??????

To make you feel good???

We have enough money to hire 87,000 new IRS employees???? We've sent billions to the ukraine....we spend billions on illegal aliens....lets spend money on school security!

We need to enforce, strictly, the laws we already have!!!!

There is, and will always be, evil in this world. We need to acknowledge that and deal with it harshly and swiftly!

To find securing schools. The states are not going to and have not funded the model of security we need.

I am against creating requirements upon states without a funding option know as unfounded mandates. Something Conservatives use to be against.

If you could read or carried to read you would see the tax pats for mandates law enforcement security across the 50 states on public schools. There are no free lunches. We are the ones who take the joy and use of firearms. We should answer the burden and call to protect children. Similar to the Robinson Pittman Act and funding Wildlife Conservation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Number 4, I would increase the age to 21 for purchasing center-fire, box magazine fed, push button release magazine semi automatic firearms. To possess or transfer the same to a person under 21 would be a Class B Federal Felony.

just throw the majority of soldiers under the bus, it's a long gun, for crying out loud .. you are literally outlawing remington autoloaders, BARS, etc, in you aim to blame all law abiding citizens for the acts of a crazy -- who used some weird pistol caliber carbine for the bulk of they actions .. do better

Sorry, they can possess in accordance with Government Isdue under the guidance and restrictions of the military.

That does not move me off it. Handguns are issued to soldiers, but 18-20 cannot purchase handguns. Same scenario.

There is a reason these killings are done with weapons I have define and not shotguns nor lever actions,

If you ever have to view a a weapon so defined by me being used in mass shooting you will understand why they are used.

What do you propose as a better solution?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, for one thing- foreign experience seems to be if you ban guns, they find something else.

Sure a knife or sword is less mass casualty than a Ruger 10-22...

But then one starts finding uses for diesel fuel and miracle grow.

Why are CF DBM's and such used? Maybe more so the culture of violence on video games shows them?

Better idea?

What needs to be done is a widespread public action campaign showing the public that the tools are already there, and naming and shaming those who refuse to use them.

County commissioners who refuse to pay for commitment care and guardianship for folks in need of it.

Judges who use their own political beliefs to minimize dealing with folks early when you have a chance to do something before they end up hurting someone.

Families who enable relatives to get away without paying consequences for bad behaviors, or refuse to treat them…

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this person moved along to this school because their initial target had too much security.

imagine how far down the line they would have had to go if there was armed guards in all of them?

seems the answer is more guns not less.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You do not like freedom very much do you.

If you want money tax liberals'. Or better yet tax the media. Tax, TV, radio, computers, magazines and news papers for the money.

Call for a tax on firearms is just falling into the anti's play book

Posts: 19368 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
EDUCATION!

EDUCATION!

EDUCATION!

Make them understand one never takes a life.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
EDUCATION!

EDUCATION!

EDUCATION!

Make them understand one never takes a life.

I think we enter the equation too late. Instead of educating before hand we correct/ punish after the fact. Execution, incarceration, judgement and damnation doesn't stop the taking of life, it certainly doesn't compensate for it either.

If our daughters are murdered, what really does matter after that? Not much I think.

Prevention instead of correction.

Posts: 9092 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hardest aspect of Criminal Law is that it is designed first and foremost with few exceptions to punish what happens, and not prevent what might happen.

It is a hardship that is often necessary.

On education:

I believe in hunting because it taught me the fragility of life at a very young age.

I remember my Pa (adopted father) skinning my first squirrels being two big fox squirrels. The hide and flesh penetrated with shot. I remember him showing me how to gut it. He had me hold the heart in my hand and told me, “ Its heart is just like yours.”

I try really hard to live up to that, and sometimes fail. I never get upset that what I am hunting lives.

I tried to get the Kentucky State Police to give to our high schools the presentation they gave us at a Prosecutor’s conference of State Troopers who first responded to a mass murder in KY. They would not come.

I agree with Scott King Education in our public schools of consequence of taking a firearm and killing our own.

Also, this culture war is spreading from ballot boxes, court decisions, to violent death with radical insurgents on both sides.

Until we stop making our opponents the enemy with equal dignity and rights, we are condemned to relive this more and more.

There are no enemies except those who turn to violence.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

If you want money tax liberals'. Or better yet tax the media. Tax, TV, radio, computers, magazines and news papers for the money.

You do not like responsibility very much. We are the ones who advocate, purchase, and use these weapons. We should lead in making it better. The do nothingers are playing into anti-gunners hands.

This is all our problem. This is our skin in the game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its well known that mass murders such as this are a virus that spreads due too the idea of the fame/infamy. I know its not a solution that america would accept. but it is telling that after the first one in NZ in 1990, we switched too a new licence system that didnt care how many guns you owned, You just had to prove you were of sound mind and responsible. Also it became slightly more stringent than a standard licence too own a high capacity semi auto. This worked really well until the police came under budgetary pressure and because the firearms owning community was so well behaved, they stopped the background checks informally, cut corners and let the system degrade. The result was so stupid that I dont even know it could have happened in The US. A foreigner entered the country, got a licence by asking people he'd never met to vouch for him, did his police interview via internet instead of in person, Was missed in the background checks as a loner who had visited a number of troubling places and countries, and bypassed the semi auto rules via a loop hoe the firearms community had for some time brought to polices attention.
If any one of those steps had been done properly he would most likely not had access too guns.

now id say given the cultural difference, then putting armed guards on schools is a solution thats fine. But it will just shift the shootings too public events, public places that are too hard to guard.
It is worth while considering some sort of system that mandates you be of sound mind and not displaying known characteristics or traits that make you more likely to commit such crimes. But I think it would be a slow improvement no matter what.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would shift the burden of mass murders from schools to other places which are already a target.

I would not vote for your legislation. However, I appreciate your response.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Im looking from the outside. So am not going to take too strong a position on this as I realise that Amerca has its own very important culture on firearms issues. One that most of us in the rest of the world probably dont fully grasp.
The warning I do have is I fear that at some point some act is going to happen that makes it feasible too see that the average person will loose access too certain classes of firearm. There is a large proportion of one of your political parties that would like to see that happen.
Eventually i think you will have to choose between some type of testing that potentially sees a small percentage of your population unable to possess firearms, or a loss of some firearms.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It's not the gun which is why the 'rest of the world' can't seem to understand the problem. One will never stop a criminal intent on killing once they make that decision. Our northern and southern border is wide open. Just like drugs cannot be stopped, neither will anything else without a major effort on illegals.

Take away guns then such people will resort to other means. They have already proven to be very creative over the years. Laws and taxes have been proven over and over to be highly ineffective.

As I advocate, a more proactive stance such as putting an armed guard at every school (church, library, stadium, etc) will be very effective. Eliminating gun free zones should also be instituted as well as allowing constitutional carry across the country. The urban need to stop defunding law enforcement.

More often than not a good guy with a gun stops the freak before the police can react. These situations do not get a lot of news coverage because they do not fit the desired narrative.

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a consensus here that armed, trained response security at schools is necessary.

The issue maybe how to fund and structure it. I do not support the Fed making an unfounded mandate on the states to do so.

Does anyone have other funding ideas? Please be specific as cut waste does not tell us anything.

If you do. not want to be debt neutral about it. The price is worth it be damned. That is a fair position. I would vote for that if funding positions failed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Well, for one thing- foreign experience seems to be if you ban guns, they find something else.

Sure a knife or sword is less mass casualty than a Ruger 10-22...

But then one starts finding uses for diesel fuel and miracle grow.

Why are CF DBM's and such used? Maybe more so the culture of violence on video games shows them?

Better idea?

Be real. The only country in the world where these mass casualty events involving assault rifles occur is the United States. No other country is even close. And, very few countries have laws that allow the population to own assault rifles or other high-cap magazine fed firearms. This shit doesn't happen because people are crazy, there are crazy people everywhere. It happens because in the US, it's easier to get an assault rifle than a driver's license ..... or a six-pack of beer for that matter.

And, we're not going to do a damn thing about it. We've been through this discussion on this board a dozen times. And, nothing is ever done and nothing ever changes.

I will say that those three cops who went into that school and killed the perp had their shit wired tight and were ready to roll. Kudos to them.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a consensus here that armed, trained response security at schools is necessary.

The issue maybe how to fund and structure it. I do not support the Fed making an unfounded mandate on the states to do so.

Does anyone have other funding ideas? Please be specific as cut waste does not tell us anything.

If you do. not want to be debt neutral about it. The price is worth it be damned. That is a fair position. I would vote for that if funding positions failed.

If you want taxes used I already suggested getting rid of things like 90,000 new IRS agents. There is a lot of waste and fraud in govt. Stop funding ewecrane, etc. Use our tax money for our own issues. Pretty simple.

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ohio has a very good Statute to use as a model for arming and training teachers. I would add immunity to that statute.

Unless the Supreme Court just invalidates them, you are not getting rid of gun free zones.

The Feds give the states money to enact gun free zones.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

You do not like responsibility very much. We are the ones who advocate, purchase, and use these weapons. We should lead in making it better. The do nothingers are playing into anti-gunners hands.

This is all our problem. This is our skin in the game.

But "we" are not the ones using these guns in crimes!!!!!

"We" ARE the responsible, law abiding gun owners! "We" are already being punished enough!

The bleeding hearts like you, the liberal judges and prosecutors that are leaving criminals on the streets and in society are the problems.

It is not time for handwringing, more laws and taxes! It is beyond time to guard our children and harden our soft spots until "we" can get rid of this insanity in our society!

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But "we" are not the ones using these guns in crimes!!!!!

"We" ARE the responsible, law abiding gun owners! "We" are already being punished enough!

The bleeding hearts like you, the liberal judges and prosecutors that are leaving criminals on the streets and in society are the problems.

It is not time for handwringing, more laws and taxes! It is beyond time to guard our children and harden our soft spots until "we" can get rid of this insanity in our society!

I don't know why this even happens other than allowing insanity across the board is better accepted than concise and strict action to stop criminals. The target is always the law abiding.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is an issue for us all to solve. It will take all of us to make things better. It is my problem. It is your problem.

We are responsible firearm owners. We are the ones who enjoy the right. Our obligation is higher.

We are some part of this organism we call the United States. This is my problem Second only to those who have lost lives.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are over 90,000 public schools and 32,000 private schools in the US.

How do you suggest we fund turning each of those schools into impregnable fortresses with armed guards, fencing, barbed wire, etc.

Just putting two security guards making $50k a year each in each school would cost over 12 billion dollars. I guess the government could cancel the F35 contract?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Legislation would have to focus on public schools with 4-6 msn rapid response teams on campus.

I have made my funding suggestion.

Metal sectors and electronic lock doors. Our school system has integrated the electronic lock doors from the outside.

Likewise, the front reception is blocked off from those entering. It is hard to describe, but it is a brick and bullet resistant glass that orations access from the entrance area. You have to be buzzed through even after electrical lock is activated from inside.

I also encourage everyone to go read the Ohio state law on arming and training teachers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

How do you suggest we fund turning each of those schools into impregnable fortresses with armed guards, fencing, barbed wire, etc.

Just putting two security guards making $50k a year each in each school would cost over 12 billion dollars. I guess the government could cancel the F35 contract?

Trading 87,000 new IRS employees would be one helluva start!

Seems Biden thinks we can afford them????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Except that the IRS is not getting 87,000 new auditors. I've posted repeatedly that this is just another whack-job fantasy but I'll try again:

>>>>There’s only one problem. It’s not true.
The Inflation Reduction Act, a landmark climate, health care and tax package that passed the Senate on Sunday and is expected to head to Biden’s desk after the House approves it on Friday, includes roughly $78 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.

According to a Treasury Department official, the funds would cover a wide range of positions including IT technicians and taxpayer services support staff, as well as experienced auditors who would be largely tasked with cracking down on corporate and high-income tax evaders.

“It is wholly inaccurate to describe any of these resources as being about increasing audit scrutiny of the middle class or small businesses,” Natasha Sarin, a counselor for tax policy and implementation at the Treasury Department, tells TIME.

At the same time, more than half of the agency’s current employees are eligible for retirement and are expected to leave the agency within the next five years. “There’s a big wave of attrition that’s coming and a lot of these resources are just about filling those positions,” says Sarin, an economist who has studied tax avoidance extensively and who was tapped by the Biden administration to beef up the IRS’s auditing power.<<<<

https://time.com/6204928/irs-8...nts-factcheck-biden/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The other irony here is, of course, tax revenue would be the only source of money to pay for all of the security for schools that you have proposed and support as the solution to the school shooting massacres that occur in our country on a regular basis. And, guess who ensures the receipt of that tax revenue?Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Per you, 12+ billion for the guards. I’m not sure how accurate that is, but ok, call it $15 billion.

IRS funding increase is $78 billion gradually added over 10 years.

Sounds to me like cut the IRS increase in half, and you are continuing to increase IRS staffing, and use the other half to fund the school hardening and you have still decreased the national deficit.

I have my concerns about turning the schools into essentially prisons. I don’t think that gives a good environment mental health wise to kids.

Funding by a 10% excise tax on centerfire rifles? Maybe. I would like to see some sunset clause that once they have achieved a certain goal that the tax reduces so as to prevent the perennial bloat that bureaucracies develop of use it or lose it.

Instead of having LEO’s, I’d actually prefer that you pay the teachers a premium if they certify and carry. Having a LEO as a security guard strikes me as using a screwdriver as a hammer. Cops are supposed to be trained for things other than guard duty… there is a reason cops are better paid than corrections guards.

Arming teachers would get rid of the delay for arrival.

Paying them extra and providing the training would both ensure adequate training and help get a better class of educator.

Win/win.

As to using local funding, that makes more sense given that the lower levels of government tend to be more responsible and efficient.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Except that the IRS is not getting 87,000 new auditors. I've posted repeatedly that this is just another whack-job fantasy but I'll try again:

The Inflation Reduction Act, a landmark climate, health care and tax package that passed the Senate on Sunday and is expected to head to Biden’s desk after the House approves it on Friday, includes roughly $78 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.

According to a Treasury Department official, the funds would cover a wide range of positions including IT technicians and taxpayer services support staff, as well as experienced auditors who would be largely tasked with cracking down on corporate and high-income tax evaders.

“It is wholly inaccurate to describe any of these resources as being about increasing audit scrutiny of the middle class or small businesses,” Natasha Sarin, a counselor for tax policy and implementation at the Treasury Department, tells TIME.

At the same time, more than half of the agency’s current employees are eligible for retirement and are expected to leave the agency within the next five years. “There’s a big wave of attrition that’s coming and a lot of these resources are just about filling those positions,” says Sarin, an economist who has studied tax avoidance extensively and who was tapped by the Biden administration to beef up the IRS’s auditing power.<<<<

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Okay, I didnt say auditors, I said employees first off!

But by your post goofy joe wants 78 BILLION FOR THE IRS!!!!! Over ten years, okay, I got it.

7.8 Billion dollars a year for the IRS!!!! IF they just replacing attrition that's no need for an increase counselor.....one retires, one gets hired....pretty much net zero????? Or is there "lawyer math" involved???

So.....lets invest 7.8 billion dollars a year for the next ten years in school security. My God its for the children man!!!! To the total of 78 Billion dollars.For Gods sake man, you and your over educated under intelligent rant said it would only cost 18 billion a year to protect our schools. Hell lil mikey! For 78BILLION dollars a year we could make our schools nuke proof and give teachers a raise!

You are a koolaid drinking moron....look in the mirror, you'll see it.

Lets quit spending money on your illegal alien buddies and put that towards protecting our children. My God man, its for the children!!!!

No that won't work.....we need control....not something that actually makes sense.....

You and heym come up with a lot of stupidity, this stuff ain't hard y'all are a certifiable case of educated beyond your intelligence..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you suggest we fund turning each of those schools into impregnable fortresses with armed guards,

bet we could get pretty far down the road with all that unspent covid money the schools have somewhere.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just watched the whitehouse press secretary.

The firearms community really should get out in front of this and suggest a sensible solution. But like us here and almost everywhere, it wont happen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Okay, I didnt say auditors, I said employees first off!

But by your post goofy joe wants 78 BILLION FOR THE IRS!!!!! Over ten years, okay, I got it.

7.8 Billion dollars a year for the IRS!!!! IF they just replacing attrition that's no need for an increase counselor.....one retires, one gets hired....pretty much net zero????? Or is there "lawyer math" involved???

So.....lets invest 7.8 billion dollars a year for the next ten years in school security. My God its for the children man!!!! To the total of 78 Billion dollars.For Gods sake man, you and your over educated under intelligent rant said it would only cost 18 billion a year to protect our schools. Hell lil mikey! For 78BILLION dollars a year we could make our schools nuke proof and give teachers a raise!

You are a koolaid drinking moron....look in the mirror, you'll see it.

Lets quit spending money on your illegal alien buddies and put that towards protecting our children. My God man, its for the children!!!!

No that won't work.....we need control....not something that actually makes sense.....

You and heym come up with a lot of stupidity, this stuff ain't hard y'all are a certifiable case of educated beyond your intelligence..

JTex, you demonstrate your legal stupidity everyday. It is actually worse than stupid because when you are presented with legal facts you refuse to read, and just tell us what you want.

Like precedent is not law.