THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    22 Republicans Join Democrats To Send More Cash to Ukraine
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 Republicans Join Democrats To Send More Cash to Ukraine Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...85d9e8d42ceec2&ei=52

Story by Claire O'Hare • 7h

The Senate passed a $95 billion national security supplemental package to aid Ukraine, Israel, and the Indo-Pacific.

The package does not include border security provisions and comes as the national debt exceeds $34 trillion.

It includes $60 billion for Ukraine, $14 billion for Israel, $9 billion for Gaza, and nearly $5 billion for the Indo-Pacific.

“I know it’s become quite fashionable in some circles to disregard the global interests we have as a global power, to bemoan the responsibilities of global leadership,” Republican Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said.

“To lament the commitment that has underpinned the longest drought of great power conflict in human history — this is idle work for idle minds, and it has no place in the United States Senate.”

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19776 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And how much of that is going to be kickbacks?? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67023 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
All 9 billion that’s going to Gaza/Hamas….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13165 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
so, i am going to just say it -- the projected cost of the entire wall was $5billion -- and we couldn't afford it then --

any idea of what spending cuts were made to offset?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
so, i am going to just say it -- the projected cost of the entire wall was $5billion -- and we couldn't afford it then --

Isn't it just incredible???????

We have spent trillions protecting others but they won't protect our own borders......

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Shocked I am.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And Mexico was going to pay for it...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
All 9 billion that’s going to Gaza/Hamas….

I don't know why I'm flabbergasted, I should be used to it by now.

My American government sending 9 billion to Islamic terrorists. We send billions to Israel, (rightly,) to fight Islamic terrorists and now send billions to the Islamic terrorists knowing full well it'll be used to fight the USA and Israel.

It makes me feel so safe and secure, so full of confidence in my "rulers".

Posts: 9135 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the first place, the Title of this thread is utter bullshit, the Bill doesn't send "cash" anywhere. What it would do is buy American-made artillery shells, missiles and excess military equipment for Ukraine. Most of the shells and missiles would be older stock with American workers getting the "cash" to build newer versions for our stockpiles.

Killing Russian soldiers, mercenaries and equipment with our old stuff is dirt cheap when we don't have to risk a single soldier or airman to do it and, as a matter of principle, supporting a democratic ally invaded by one of our top geopolitical opponents is American policy at its best.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So we are sending $9 billion in military aid to Gaza/hamas?

We must be some special kind of stupid to do that.

Well, the GOP gave Biden his funding. When is he shutting the border down as promised?

quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
In the first place, the Title of this thread is utter bullshit, the Bill doesn't send "cash" anywhere. What it would do is buy American-made artillery shells, missiles and excess military equipment for Ukraine. Most of the shells and missiles would be older stock with American workers getting the "cash" to build newer versions for our stockpiles.

Killing Russian soldiers, mercenaries and equipment with our old stuff is dirt cheap when we don't have to risk a single soldier or airman to do it and, as a matter of principle, supporting a democratic ally invaded by one of our top geopolitical opponents is American policy at its best.

Posts: 10661 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Well, the GOP gave Biden his funding. When is he shutting the border down as promised?

quote:

No, we are sending humanitarian aid to sick and hungry women and children.

You know, the Christian thing to do...

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Anything that goes to Gaza goes to the government there- which is completely Hamas controlled. Yep, we’re some special kind of stupid. 2020 Mad

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13165 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anything that goes to Gaza goes to the government there- which is completely Hamas controlled. Yep, we’re some special kind of stupid. 2020 Mad

I think Jeff knows better, but his instructions are to promote the company line.

I do believe some actually believe it's humanitarian and I find it incredible. Experience, and even trifling common sense tells us that a single dollars worth of any material goods is a dollar more that the terrorists can put into their offense. More kindergarten classrooms can be built that by the way double as ammunition cashes.

More than mind blowing that we pay Israel to blow it up and pay Hamas to rebuild.

Posts: 9135 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, Scott. Unbelievable.

Posts: 6157 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, jeffi. All those old shells. We went over this already, reports from defense dept and all.
There are no "old shells" waiting to be destroyed like you claim. They are trying to gear up, as of now would take 5 years to resupply.
You dont remember shit any better than Kabob does.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

I think Jeff knows better, but his instructions are to promote the company line.

I do believe some actually believe it's humanitarian and I find it incredible. Experience, and even trifling common sense tells us that a single dollars worth of any material goods is a dollar more that the terrorists can put into their offense. More kindergarten classrooms can be built that by the way double as ammunition cashes.

More than mind blowing that we pay Israel to blow it up and pay Hamas to rebuild.

I wonder if sarge has the only Hamas flag in peckerwood county

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

quote:

No, we are sending humanitarian aid to sick and hungry women and children.

You know, the Christian thing to do...

Are you saying that our government is Christian? i mean, i could go on, but shesh, it's like shooting ducks on the water around here

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And Mexico was going to pay for it...

Yeah, another miserable trump lie -- but, hey, deflection much? You didn't address the statement, but, like my old dog, you just hiked up on it, left a peemail, and walked away liked you did something grand ... well, i hope, at least, just like my old dog, you at least feel better about it

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I think we should just cut off all foreign aid and huddle in our cozy little cocoon with graham crackers and milk -- maybe make a little blanket fort under the card table -- and it will all turn out right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0Ri9e6SY0

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16418 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frankly, giving both sides money to make them both happy with us has zero chance of working.

And Jeffive the reason I put the quote from you there is your statement was that this bill is giving the money to US workers to make arms.

Again, this money is showing we are a special kind of stupid.

Back Israel or back Hamas or stay the hell out of it.

Pick a side.

Posts: 10661 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wonder if sarge has the only Hamas flag in peckerwood county

I don't think Jeff has a flag, but can you believe a single American does?!?!?!?! shocker apparently there are and by the tens of thousands.

We've elected Hamas itself in the body of Rashida Tlab to Congress.

I can't fathom having full color, big screen tv video of the Twin Towers falling down and yet Pro Hamas/ anti Israel protests in the USA.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I agree, Scott. Unbelievable.

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
How is US aid delivered to places like Gaza? I was under the impression that it wasn't just handed to the government in the recipient state/ country but that it, or at least part of it, is channeled through USAID which was set up specifically to try to get aid past the grasping hands of whatever corrupt crap hole government might exist in areas requiring aid?

Ok, its a government institution, so it may or my not work as intended and I don't doubt some finds its way to places it shouldn't, and it probably goes at least partly via local NGO's with their possible failings but a lot also do a lot of good in places where help is sorely needed.

If anyone knows the facts feel free to educate me.

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
How is US aid delivered to places like Gaza? I was under the impression that it wasn't just handed to the government in the recipient state/ country but that it, or at least part of it, is channeled through USAID which was set up specifically to try to get aid past the grasping hands of whatever corrupt crap hole government might exist in areas requiring aid?

Ok, its a government institution, so it may or my not work as intended and I don't doubt some finds its way to places it shouldn't, and it probably goes at least partly via local NGO's with their possible failings but a lot also do a lot of good in places where help is sorely needed.

If anyone knows the facts feel free to educate me.

My opinion only, I'll leave facts to others.

Off the top of my head, it seems to me that if Hamas, (the ruling authority in Gaza,) has $10.00 with which to buy food, water, shelter and armaments among other things, and the USA supplies Hamas with the food, water and shelter part, now Hamas can use their entire $10.00 on armaments. The fact we do know is that civilian infrastructure in Gaza is saturated with Hamas, so we do know and rebuilding of Palestinian life in Gaza will once again and remain saturated with Hamas.

We also have as fact that the UN aid group in Gaza participated with Hamas in the attack on Israel on October 7th. It is my opinion that will not change, won't be remedied and so any USA funding headed to Gaza for "humanitarian" needs will be handed directly to Hamas, yes all $9 billion of it.

So really, in a very narrow amount of time, my United States handed Afghanistan back to the Taliban along with IIRC $7 billion in military hardware and now is funding Hamas to the tune of $9 billion.

So, to bring it home, that's $16 billion in US dollars to Islamic terrorism.

Fun trivia, there's roughly 650,000 homeless Americans in The States today. That $16 billion divided between 650,000 homeless Americans amounts to around $24,600.00 per person.

Jeff, check my math please.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Scott, that to me? I think if we are going to spend NINETY-FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in foreign aid, while a single american is homeless, much less a single vet, then the government fails -

But, I ask again, what cuts were made to offset this spend

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If legislation was pushed in congress to eliminate homelessness or hunger or poverty or anything like that, Republicans would block it.

BTW, Scott and Jeffee, when has isolationism EVER worked out well?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19776 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scott, that to me? I think if we are going to spend NINETY-FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in foreign aid, while a single american is homeless, much less a single vet, then the government fails -

But, I ask again, what cuts were made to offset this spend

No, the other Jeff caught me in a bone headed math error not to long ago, we both had a good laugh.

And M.E., objecting to funding Islamic Terrorists to the tune of $16 billion is not Isolationism.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
If legislation was pushed in congress to eliminate homelessness or hunger or poverty or anything like that, Republicans would block it.

And emphatically, I don't believe any Republican or Conservative would block a solution to solve our homeless catastrophe. I'd repeat, SOLVE.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And M.E., objecting to funding Islamic Terrorists to the tune of $16 billion is not Isolationism.

Well, I can agree with that. I didn't know terrorists of any sort were appropriations bill funded with US TP $.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, I can agree with that. I didn't know terrorists of any sort were appropriations bill funded with US TP $.

They damned well are. There are full color pictures on the Internet of the Taliban flying our donate Blackhawk helicopters after we surrendered Afghanistan.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uhm, not sending money we don't have isn't isolationist - and, frankly, i can't imagine ANYONE that ever wanted to be re-elected voting against housing the vets ,,,

But, if not sending $16 billion to terrorists is "isolationist" then count me in --

but reflect on my position of cheap and easy work visas and finding a path to work visas for those already in country --

you might define isolationist, but i expect that will go much like you not defining Nazism

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
full color pictures on the Internet

Big Grin

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
full color pictures on the Internet

Big Grin

Well damn it bugs me. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, it bugs me too, really.

There's a lot of stuff that happened that I see no logical or even moral reason for.

Take Viet Nam for my first real life example. Since I was there, in real time and space, and really didn't want to be, I think I'm qualified to have an opinion about it.

What a waste. Getting out of both places needed to happen. Leaving equipment behind was just part of the cost and damage.

And the examples just keep multiplying all the way to Afghanistan and beyond. First we helped the Taliban until they ran the Russians off. Then we got involved with troops, etc.

Looks to me like billions $ and lots of lives lost or ruined - for what?

After all that, and more, I think the Ukraine situation is different. And it's disturbing for different reasons. First reason is that Putin is an unhinged, delusional, monster. It's very bad and unfortunate that Ukraine is fighting a proxy war on behalf of all NATO nations. Lose it and cut the monster loose?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...0fbe76&ei=33#image=7

California plans to build 1,200 tiny homes for the homeless. Here's what they look like.
Story by kbalevic@businessinsider.com (Katie Balevic) • 4h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...658241a6a1347f&ei=50

William to build homes for homeless on Duchy land
Story by By Brodie Owen - BBC News, South West • 12h

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can say 22 GOO Senators have done something right.

Posts: 10959 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I can say 22 GOO Senators have done something right.

Ok, why?

Why is giving $9billion to Hamas doing something right?

Honest question and I won't belittle your opinion and reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's interesting that you consistently say that the senate funding bill includes money to Hamas.

That's like a Fox News spin.

==============================================

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/p...e-uncertain-in-house

"In addition, the legislation would provide $14 billion for Israel’s war with Hamas, $8 billion for Taiwan and partners in the Indo-Pacific to counter China, and $9.1 billion in humanitarian assistance for Gaza and the West Bank, Ukraine, and other populations caught in conflict zones across the globe."

Also:

The GOP Has Crossed an Ominous Threshold on Foreign Policy
Story by Ronald Brownstein • 22h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f089d7ad0869d&ei=100

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's interesting that you consistently say that the senate funding bill includes money to Hamas.

That's like a Fox News spin.

==============================================

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/p...e-uncertain-in-house

"In addition, the legislation would provide $14 billion for Israel’s war with Hamas, $8 billion for Taiwan and partners in the Indo-Pacific to counter China, and $9.1 billion in humanitarian assistance for Gaza and the West Bank, Ukraine, and other populations caught in conflict zones across the globe."

Also:

The GOP Has Crossed an Ominous Threshold on Foreign Policy
Story by Ronald Brownstein • 22h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f089d7ad0869d&ei=100

Any money to Gaza, even one red cent is money Hamas can use for arms. If the USA buys Gaza a single load of bread, Hamas no longer has to buy that loaf of bread and can use that money for terrorism.

Again!!!!!! The UN aid agency providing Humanitarian relief in Gaza participated in the October 7th terrorist attack against Israel.

Hamas stored munitions in kindergarten classrooms. It is ludicrous to believe or suggest Hamas isn't Gaza/ Gaza isn't Hamas.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Gaza = Hamas --- there hadn't been a blockade prior to 10/7 -- therefore anyone in Gaza was a willful participant with their "government"

#dumptrump

476AR,