Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas to all of you. Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
Well, most of you. Big Grin

Posts: 7490 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
You too, a peaceful time with family and friends, and not forgetting the meaning behind it all.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:

I idly wonder if the Christmas Truce of 1914 can be repeated in 2023...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
It’s easy to forget — in the PF — that politics means nothing to God, but kindness, fellowship and respect carry real weight. Merry Christmas to all to stop in here.
Bill

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16409 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
It’s easy to forget — in the PF — that politics means nothing to God, but kindness, fellowship and respect carry real weight. Merry Christmas to all to stop in here.
Bill

Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36635 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Christmas day was reasonably good. I hope yours was too.

Meanwhile, Trump has his wishes for Christmas:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...59cdf301a46cd9&ei=13

Trump: ‘May they rot in Hell. Merry Christmas’
Story by Ian Swanson • 2h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7a9deb34479803b&ei=8

Trump Rails Against Biden—And Obama—In Christmas Message
Story by Molly Bohannon, Forbes Staff • 7h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...YIr?ocid=socialshare

Trump's Christmas Message: God Will Help Me Win the Election
Story by Ron Filipkowski • 1d

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19750 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:

I idly wonder if the Christmas Truce of 1914 can be repeated in 2023...

Yes. If any of you lived nearby, I’d pour you a glass of good Bourbon, Scotch, or Brandy. I bought several bottles of each, in order to make a good bar at home. I didn’t cook anything special for my house, but I made Beef Bourgignon and took it to my brother’s house. I’m waiting for Biscotti to come out of the oven. This batch is a new recipe; Chocolate, almond, and cherry. The cherries were dried. I rehydrated them with Cognac. I haven’t tried this yet. I hope it works out. I’d have any of you over for dinner.

Posts: 7490 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote