Find
Notify
Tools

Five Memphis cops charged with murder. Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/0...-thursday/index.html

I hope these pieces of shit get murdered in prison. Fuck these bastards and their apologists.

Posts: 7487 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't get to see the footage, but I hear the beat down was beyond savage.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . and police wonder why no one has any respect for them. Positively shameful.

Mike

Posts: 21227 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely disgusting. Law enforcement is America’s largest criminal gang.

Posts: 7487 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankfully it was a blacks on black crime this time. Maybe the protests will not destroy any more lives.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:
Thankfully it was a blacks on black crime this time. Maybe the protests will not destroy any more lives.

That video is beyond belief.

I do wonder what the reaction will be, assuming that the police really were black.

And the police wonder why they are hated?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:

Hate to point it out but the outrage would have been way greater if they were white. Makes you wonder just what the criteria are to become a cop, obviously something is wrong. ?

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1595 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are truly an idiot. 2020 cuckoo I’m guessing your daddy was an abusive cop…. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:

That video is beyond belief.

I do wonder what the reaction will be, assuming that the police really were black.

And the police wonder why they are hated?

The pictures of the cops pretty much assure they were all black.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

You are truly an idiot. 2020 cuckoo I’m guessing your daddy was an abusive cop…. coffee

Nope. Wrong again. I’m not a criminal. Never had any bad experiences with cops. Dad was not abusive. Does this mean I should kiss police ass when they murder people?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope.

These five guys and their leadership should be held accountable... but I doubt it will happen. Yes, the family will get a big insurance payout. But the city leadership and the individuals responsible for making these decisions will at worst lose their jobs. Yes, the 5 guys who did this will face a murder rap, and unless the videos are not telling the whole story, they will go to prison for a long time.

But condemning all police and LEO's and calling law enforcement a criminal gang is just so much hyperbolic bullshit, and if you don't realize it, you have some serious problems.

I think even those who are gung ho supporters of law enforcement admit there are bad apples.

I do think the system with its protection of the innocent and our guarantees tends to protect the bad apples. Certainly, the police unions have a lot of responsibility there.

I have met abusive jerk cops. I have also met some truly great cops. Honestly, I think more cops are good than bad. But there are a lot of them that are there just to do a day's shift, and get home with a minimum of work, who probably are a majority. Not good, but not bad, either. You were in the military. Pretty much the same thing, with a different set of responsibilities.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope. Wrong again. I’m not a criminal. Never had any bad experiences with cops. Dad was not abusive. Does this mean I should kiss police ass when they murder people?

Posts: 10634 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
I must say, with as much of this kind of incident happening, I’m wondering how we get GROUPS of cops to commit such acts? One overzealous cop is one thing, but how do 5 cops give a beat down like this, and sleep at night?

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These five guys and their leadership should be held accountable... but I doubt it will happen. Yes, the family will get a big insurance payout. But the city leadership and the individuals responsible for making these decisions will at worst lose their jobs. Yes, the 5 guys who did this will face a murder rap, and unless the videos are not telling the whole story, they will go to prison for a long time.

This is exactly what the Left says about this incidents and what Systemic Racism means. I happen to agree with a large part of it.

Posts: 10905 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm always amazed how people here defend murderers. Same assholes who defend cop killers and traitors of Jan 6.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I’m not defending them, shitsquirter. In fact I think they should be convicted and get the maximum sentence allowed by law. I am stating unequivocally that law enforcement is not the largest criminal gang in the country and that ALL cops are bad and should die a slow death from cancer. Those statements are simply asinine. thumbdown

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/0...-thursday/index.html

I hope these pieces of shit get murdered in prison. Fuck these bastards and their apologists.

They were paid to beat people up, but were incompetent at judging when to quit (excited delirium?).
They should not have been out there on their own without experienced mentors, they weren't ready.

In pre-video days, guys like that were assigned to night shift, fewer witnesses and supervisors of the same sort who would cover for them.

Now what. I'm guessing that their hard-earned lesson will be wasted at their next job making license plates or french fries...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Perhaps there is a recruiting issue in big cities to fill LE spots? This group did not learn to do this via any sort of department conducted training. These are clearly very bad people.

The entire chain of command needs to be replaced as well as city leaders. They are all responsible.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Perhaps there is a recruiting issue in big cities to fill LE spots? This group did not learn to do this via any sort of department conducted training. These are clearly very bad people.

The entire chain of command needs to be replaced as well as city leaders. They are all responsible.

Reminds me of a comment made by a former city personnel manager regarding the quality of the police force; "if you think that the ones we have now are bad you should see the ones that we DON'T hire."

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1207 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For pete's sake...

The Mayor on down are all black. Its a black majority area. Per all the "antiracism" crap they make me attend "Minorities can't be racist!"

Systemic racism my rump.

How about the unintended consequences of affirmative action and the racializing of US politics under the civil rights era? Protected by all this seeing racism under every bed.

Pray tell how this event was an example of white privilege?

quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

This is exactly what the Left says about this incidents and what Systemic Racism means. I happen to agree with a large part of it.

Posts: 10634 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The legal system and government has removed personal responsibility from legislators, lawyers, government officials, and yes, police officers (unless the system gets mad at them... like this.) I really doubt that these 5 officers were sterling members of the "thin blue line" until that day when they all of the sudden flipped.

The family may not be happy that they get a couple of hundred thousand $ instead of millions, but if the lawsuits were not allowed to be covered by the insurance and taxpayers and all they could do is break the individuals personal finances, maybe the example of the involved politicians and police executives would be more effective than the tens of millions of taxpayer money.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A cop who covers for a dirty cop is also dirty. Lick boots all you want. Cheer when they murder people you don’t like. If I see a cop on fire, I won’t piss on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t disagree with your first sentence.

The rest is part of your problem.

Condemn the bad. Praise the good. Help where you can. We need law enforcement. It certainly can be better, but blanket condemnation does no one any good. Anarchy rapidly becomes the law of the gun.

quote:
A cop who covers for a dirty cop is also dirty. Lick boots all you want. Cheer when they murder people you don’t like. If I see a cop on fire, I won’t piss on it.

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I don’t disagree with your first sentence.

The rest is part of your problem.

Condemn the bad. Praise the good. Help where you can. We need law enforcement. It certainly can be better, but blanket condemnation does no one any good. Anarchy rapidly becomes the law of the gun.

quote:

No different than saying all military vets are scum, because a few abused prisoners. BS

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
There is a pervasive “us vs them” attitude in law enforcement. Old officers indoctrinate the new officers. The old officers teach the new officers that since it is us against everyone else we need to stick together and adhere to a code of silence. Concepts like the “thin blue line” perpetuate this notion that law enforcement officers are society’s last line of defense and allows them to rationalize some notion that the ends justify the means. So many officers feel that whatever they do is justified because they hold some special position in society. Then they expect all their fellow officers to silently protect their back. Not sure what the fix is, but the problem is attitudinal, institutional and it is far more pervasive than “a few bad apples”. Thank God for cell phone and security cameras.

Mike

Posts: 21227 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My office prosecutes for 2 counties, 2 Sherriff’s Offices, 2 City Police Departments, and 10 Constables, and the State Police.

One Police Departments are full of dumbasses. Like arresting folks for meth over sand, and lies to the Judges. If it was up to me, that whole team would be gone.

One Sheriff had to resign be a of his deputies kept getting the County sued for tasing and pistol whipping people.

The other Sheriff, actual a good eye all in all, is being investigated by the Feds over mishandling a drug bust money.

One Constable who does not have any authority to go across state lines, keeps getting the County sued trying to be super cop. He tried to run Confidential Informants as a Constable w know eduction not training. Chased someone into to TN for speeding.

One sherriff’s deputy is a pure thug, also chasing non felony, non crime violations into TN (and getting into shootouts).

I can only imagine the issues in Large, Urban Departments.

The State Police has really worked hard to retire out the rules do not apply guard.

However, KSP and rural law enforcement have two issues lack of talent pool and competitive pay.

KSP lowered their education standards bc they could not fill Academy Classes.

All that said, the majority are just community folks who do a good and thankless job. When you have a smaller basket the bad are more obvious. When you have a lot, you have a lot more to be bad.

I am really impressed with the sergeant and lower KSP I get to work with.

One City Police Department is very professional.

We need to stop Constables of all police power, other than service of process and service of warrants (not the ability to requests warrants).

Posts: 10905 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The voice of the people is not the media.
The media excels in perpetuating dirty laundry.
That can cut deep in more areas (not guilty) than it should.
The event is practically always the exception and not the rule. It divides people.
Not suggesting to not report an unacceptable incident but that does not say the entire entity is accountable.
I had one negative incident is a Texas DPS prick about 40 years ago but the rest have been a sort a choreographed event (Obviously lawyer scripted).
Basically talk to the court if you wish.
The recent event noted has been made visible and actions taken should be swift.
The media needs to move on now and not loiter for weeks and months.
Not unlike these shootings where I believe they can do more harm than good by instigating copy cat type repeat actions.
Would not hurt if the PD's had more open house type meetings with the community to discuss what is proper actions in an event. How the officers should respond to a positive and negative engagement.
Opening it up to a bitch session is not productive.
Work together. Focus on the whole.
Identify (LEO) the A players (maybe 15%) work hard to keep them. Then identify the B players hopefully 30-40%( these are your body). Identify the C players (30 % work to make these B players). The D players (cut your losses and move them out).
Unfortunately you can sort out all the bad apples.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote