New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would someone please explain... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Why taxpayer money is being used to house, feed, provide medical services, etc for the 7 million or so illegals placed around the USA?

Why are citizens obligated to feed (etc) illegals?

Are there laws surrounding this?

Confused

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Feel good factor for politicians!

Overblown million Americans on food stamps is irrelevant! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
The New Colossus

BY EMMA LAZARUS

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Listen, I don't like the way this unfolded, the tidal wave of humanity from over 120 different countries, all at once, largely unvetted. But whether you like it or not (me included) this administration,this government of the people, by proxy of shuttling them to our interior on planes, trains, and automobiles have welcomed them into this great country.
Until this administration or the next change the rules, we are on the hook.

Let me ask you something.

Would you invite someone into your home and purposely withhold food and water?

How about you Sheik Saeed, I understand the Arabs, especially of the Gulf States are renowned for their hospitality?

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
do you house and feed them on your ranch(s)?

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:

The morning of December 18th, 2005 I went to the barn first thing in the morning.

I was shocked to find the manes and tails of my three quarter horses braided, with ribbons.

Clothes-pinned to one of the ribbons was a piece of paper with a note in Spanish which read simply,

"Thank you for the shelter from the weather."

I hopped on my quad and tried to catch up with their footprints to see if they needed medical.

Never did catch them.

We've caught others, good ones and bad ones, all uninvited, of course.

We never offered, muchless shuttled any of them to the interior of this Country, do you understand the difference?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
do you understand the difference?

Humanity it appears to me. You sound like a man with a good heart Ty.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me ask you something.

Would you invite someone into your home and purposely withhold food and water?

Absolutely not, but, I am not 'inviting' illegals either. I can pick my own strawberries, thank you. I do not 'need' any of them to support my life. So your comment about inviting illegals is confusing. I don't think much of American is inviting them. That's why NYC and other cities are screaming which is interesting as they were previously sanctuary cities for illegals.

If illegal immigrants have no means to take care of themselves then they should be sent back and not become the burden of society in general. People who go through legal channels to immigrate are not put on welfare. They must be able to support themselves and be a benefit to the country in general.

Also, those in favor of illegals seem only to be so if having low paid, unskilled 'underlings' who can benefit their own personal needs.

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If this administration puts them on a bus in Nogales, and sends that bus North to Denver, the Government of the people has by the very nature of this transfer "invited" them in.
Like I said, like it, or not.

By the way, I would love to see a source for your claim that immigrants working towards their citizenship, or not, don't qualify for the social safety net.

And, if you are inferring that I use "cheap labor" on my ranch(s). You would be wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ty, I have a lot of immigrant friends. They had to be able to provide for themselves to be granted cards or citizenship. None of them were given food, shelter or medical care.

I never implied you personally used cheap labor/hired illegals but others who write on this forum have bragged about hiring illegals. They have expressed worry over their ability to buy strawberries in a store or get their lawns mowed for less than what a citizen charges. I wouldn't know if you did or not. I do know it happens as that is technically why they are here. People will pay them.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The morning of December 18th, 2005 I went to the barn first thing in the morning.

I was shocked to find the manes and tails of my three quarter horses braided, with ribbons.

Clothes-pinned to one of the ribbons was a piece of paper with a note in Spanish which read simply,

I hopped on my quad and tried to catch up with their footprints to see if they needed medical.

Never did catch them.

We never offered, muchless shuttled any of them to the interior of this Country, do you understand the difference?

charming isolated story-
i am happy it went well-

not at all
what our south Texas ranch nor our central Texas ranches have experienced, up to and including murder.

Ty neither you nor i invited "them",

the "US government"
(that is, if you believe we still have a functional one)
does not "officially" invite them,
yet parts of it turn a "blind eye"
while other parts willfully violate the law to facilitate this illegal behavior.

I am steadfastly against illegal immigration-

(and yes, i have personally paid for and sponsored LEGAL immigration to the US)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Dugga,
I was at dinner the other night, where i was the old fart, and everyone else at the table was younger than my kids --- 2 younger than my a couple of my grandkids --- and regaled them with a couple stories from South Texas -- i feel that they were just entertaining granpa, the most accepted story was about working a sheep farm and being exposed to anthrax -- and 150 degrees in the shade, where the eggs were laid hard boiled

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Illegal immigration could be cut by 75% in a month:

Put the people hiring them in jail. CEOs, shareholders with 2% equity or more, managers with hiring authority...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Yep, Jeff,
i am old,
have lost cattle to anthrax, ( no sheep or goats),
never saw a hard boiled egg laid nor 150 degree day here in Texas.

and
not certain exactly how any of that pertains to the problems at hand.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
was just babbling, for fun --
I am going home this weekend, think i'll just go fly

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never did catch them.

charming isolated story-
i am happy it went well-

not at all
what our south Texas ranch nor our central Texas ranches have experienced, up to and including murder.

Ty neither you nor i invited "them",

the "US government"
(that is, if you believe we still have a functional one)
does not "officially" invite them,
yet parts of it turn a "blind eye"
while other parts willfully violate the law to facilitate this illegal behavior.

I am steadfastly against illegal immigration-

(and yes, i have personally paid for and sponsored LEGAL immigration to the US)

You sponsored people, how quaint...

The best manager we ever had on the XX ranch at Mescal was written a stellar letter of recommendation by my Grandfather, Thomas Beaham II.

That man landed himself a job on a ranch on the Western edge of the Santa Rita Mountains South of Tucson.
One day he and another hand were performing maintenance on a cat dozer on a remote part of the ranch when they were murdered by a Mexican national who had broken into a home in Rio Rico and stolen the guns he used to murder our friends for their truck.
The murderer had been deported a number of times.
I believe he died while serving a life sentence in the Arizona State Prison Florence complex.
He had it too easy if you ask me.

-and-no-

Of course -I- do not believe we -have- a functional government.

But does -that- relieve us of "common decency"-?--

Do- you -ask- -a man- for his green-card before -you offer -a- hand up?

Then why would you ask before you offer a hand out?

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quaint,
that i choose to legally assist rather than illegally ?

it appears you imply universally assisting anyone with no prerequisites is in its own right “common decency”.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
think i'll just go fly

always good therapy ,
for me at least

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Illegal immigration could be cut by 75% in a month:

Put the people hiring them in jail. CEOs, shareholders with 2% equity or more, managers with hiring authority...

I'm ready!!!! Lets do it!

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:

Humanity it appears to me.

Clearly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Humanity it appears to me.

Clearly.

But a point lost upon some of the other posters on this thread.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Humanity does not mean you have to be a criminal by entering a country illegally!

I suppose the robbers in California think the same thing!

Anyone asked the victims?

They have no humanity??

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have missed the point completely.

Humanity was shown by TY, by considering the health and well being of his fellow man before taking into account other factors such as the legality of the method of entry used by the immigrants.

Nobody is suggesting that people should cross the border illegally, but maybe we should have a bit of compassion.

Secure the border but treat immigrants, legal or not as human beings deserving of a bit of understanding.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
They should have considered others they are basically robbing by going to THEIR country ILLEGALLY!

I have absolutely, POSITIVELY, no sympathy for any ILLEGAL immigrant!

There are legal means of going to someone else’s country.

Follow the rules!

We have one of the best immigration laws.

Come as a guest, you are very welcome.

You can stay for a certain period of time, then go home.

You wish to work here, you are also very welcome.

Follow OUR rules!

You lot in American have no sense of humanity!

Just look at your own cities!

A drunk ten year old child would do better at running Chicago than the nitwits you pick!

Oh, let us not forget Biden and Trump!

Soon yiu will have an ERECTION day! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, now. We all have our short comings. Just look at your next door neighbor, your cousin, the murdering despot MBS. You can literally lose your head for expressing an opinion there.

Our immigration laws are restrictive to the point that many do not see legal immigration as a valid option. I agree that legal entry is far, far better.

Our system needs reform and our borders need to be secured, neither seems likely in the near term.

Have you figured out how to run a Ferris wheel yet in the UAE? Get back to me when do. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Why taxpayer money is being used to house, feed, provide medical services, etc for the 7 million or so illegals placed around the USA?

Why are citizens obligated to feed (etc) illegals?

Are there laws surrounding this?

Confused

This has been discussed here so many times that it's hard to believe there are folks that still believe it.

Undocumented folks do not qualify for federal or state assistance (other than airplane rides from Texas courtesy of the governor) except in very limited circumstances. I'm not gonna bother linking you to anything, you clearly don't care or are too stupid to read and understand the English language.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that the US appears to welcome these illegals, primarily from central America and Mexico, while denying immigration from Canada. I know one fellow who has been trying for seven years. During this seven years, he and his American wife have been living apart for much of the time. I don't know if it is his ethnic background (English), his work history (ex-RCMP, ex Border Services, retired military), or his age (60 ish) but he's been run around mercilessly. It goes both ways, and I know several Americans who simply gave up trying to immigrate to Canada. Too white, too conservative, maybe. There seems to be something wrong with the system. Regards Bill

Posts: 3525 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have missed the point completely.

Humanity was shown by TY, by considering the health and well being of his fellow man before taking into account other factors such as the legality of the method of entry used by the immigrants.

Nobody is suggesting that people should cross the border illegally, but maybe we should have a bit of compassion.

Secure the border but treat immigrants, legal or not as human beings deserving of a bit of understanding.

Thank you Steve.

Unfortunately, humanity is always the first casualty in the discussion on this topic.
Lost in the gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands, are the snot covered faces of little girls, and women, who the statistics say were most likely raped by human smugglers during their journey.
That's a fact, not some charming isolated tale...

My teeth were gnashed down and hands wrung out years ago.
The Government doesn't give a shit and I'm all stove-up from trying, but
I refuse to surrender my poise and self-respect by throwing all these innocent babies out with the bathwater just to earn a political "atta boye-o".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill Leeper makes a great point. No denial the system is bad.

While no one is calling for illegals to be harmed. I do not think we as a society owe them food, shelter, care. I think most people here have had immigrant family from many generations in the past. While they were let in, they had to make their way. Mine did.

How many of you have South African friends who cannot immigrate to the USA? I do.

How many of you humanitarians and advocates are housing, caring for and personally taking on the financial burden of all of these immigrants on your own land?

Ty, while I know you are trying to show a good heart for people sleeping unknowingly in your barn, you are not providing necessities all day every day. That is the gist of my post. This is an immense mass of people, not a trickle that your ranch may experience.

If any of you are providing all that such families need out of your own pocket daily, then yes, I would consider such to be a great humanitarian. I do not think anyone here has opened their homes that way at all.

Criticizing me for posting the situation doesn't make me a bad person. I see plenty of American citizens who need the help who linger hopelessly on your city streets. Why hasn't all this taxpayer money been spent on helping them? This is why I am unhappy with 'sanctuary cities' providing $300 plus hotel rooms, meals, soccer field camps, etc, etc on a daily basis for illegals. American citizens are being cut out and made to pay.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To Thomas’ point on our Government’s position, Congress that means it was not Filibustered in the Senate granted $77 Milton dollars in Grants to provide temporary shelter and other leaving cost to non-citizens awaiting awaiting the outcome of their immigration proceedings.

The full allocation is 770 million. Now, obviously, the need is greater than the commitment. However, it is a commitment made by Congress and executed by the Executive Branch.

That was in August of 2023. This month.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2023/...-funding-communities

Now someone can disagree with such allocations for non citizens. That is okay. My problem two fold 1) is the people who campaign and find raise to those who object only complain, get elected, and do nothing but keep complaining. The Party doing such is the GOP. 2) I have no problem with someone saying as Ann has we should not be subsidizing non citizens in the backs of citizens. I have a difference of opinion bc I feel the cost is greater both economically and morally by not so subsidizing. That is a conclusionary opinion. However, at some point, I do think the objection has been made and overruled by the Sovereign being the People through our Representative Legislative Body and Chief Executive duly elected.

Let us assume for a moment a municipality is not using the Fed Funds to pay for a Hotel for a non citizen migrant awaiting determination on immigration proceedings. Is it not within the purview of the citizens of that municipality to do provide through their local legislative body? If the citizens of the municipality do not like the expenditure of resources, they can vote out the municipality officials. Now, I think most are using duly apportioned Fed Funds. However, we will assume otherwise for the sake of argument.

The above allocation by Congress explains the why to Ann’s question. Congress passed a spending measure allowing it.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Joshua says the government appropriated the money for the purpose and is lawfully spending it on the welfare of illegal immigrants (I believe this to be true).

Mike says illegal immigrants don’t qualify for welfare and implies no tax payer money is used to pay for their welfare.

Which of you is correct?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nobody has criticized you Ann, that's your inner voice you're hearing...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody has criticized you Ann, that's your inner voice you're hearing...

Are you hosting 'immigrant' families on your ranch until they can buy their own place?

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have been preposterously presumptuous the entire length and breadth of this thread.

You tell me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, I will tell you. To be a humanitarian you should demonstrate such by personally housing and caring for illegals.

Using your word, preposterous, is the reason I am baiting you. You started out by being an antagonist here. The entire situation is preposterous. Is it humanitarian to burden a country and its citizen with the care of millions of illegal aliens?

I do not think so. However, if you or anyone else wishes to take the burden on via your own wallet and resources, then go for it.

BTW- To date, from what I have seen of TV video, none of these people have looked like they were suffering and in poor condition. They have all been well dressed and look quite well fed as they cross our border illegally.

You know as well as I do the reason our border is getting bum rushed is because our govt is using taxpayer's money to provide for these people.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Joshua says the government appropriated the money for the purpose and is lawfully spending it on the welfare of illegal immigrants (I believe this to be true).

Mike says illegal immigrants don’t qualify for welfare and implies no tax payer money is used to pay for their welfare.

Which of you is correct?

Well. I guess it depends on what one means by welfare. I do not believe they are getting Social Security. I did provide a link to Department of Homeland Security’s announcement as my source.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

Which of you is correct?

Well. I guess it depends on what one means by welfare. I do not believe they are getting Social Security. I did provide a link to Department of Homeland Security’s announcement as my source.

You are correct Joshua and Mitchell is wrong. No one is talking Social Security.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which of you is correct?

You are correct Joshua and Mitchell is wrong. No one is talking Social Security.

Wrong about what?

Undocumented immigrants don't qualify for welfare or foodstamps or any of the other programs that American citizens qualify for...if they need life-saving healthcare, they qualify for Medicaid.

Why do you need to lie to support your position you heartless unforgiving racist piece of shit??

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Using your word, preposterous, is the reason I am baiting you. You started out by being an antagonist here. The entire situation is preposterous. Is it humanitarian to burden a country and its citizen with the care of millions of illegal aliens?"

This is more than a lie. These people do not come here to live off us for free. They do the dirty work in ag, construction and everything else that Americans and their kids won't do. They pay their way as much as the average. A lot of Americans are living off the taxpayer 100%.

Posts: 15878 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
"Using your word, preposterous, is the reason I am baiting you. You started out by being an antagonist here. The entire situation is preposterous. Is it humanitarian to burden a country and its citizen with the care of millions of illegal aliens?"

This is more than a lie. These people do not come here to live off us for free. They do the dirty work in ag, construction and everything else that Americans and their kids won't do. They pay their way as much as the average. A lot of Americans are living off the taxpayer 100%.

Why then are these people living in hotels in Portland, ME and the city is driving city budget dollars for food, clothing, and shelter? They then get state assistance for housing and I see many paying for food with food stamps. When they do work they often do work low level jobs because they have low level skills. A bank here recently set up a non-interest lending program for Muzzies. Sounds like discrimination to me. Sure, sure they're coming here for a better life alright. One where I subsidize their better lives.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which of you is correct?

Wrong about what?

Undocumented immigrants don't qualify for welfare or foodstamps or any of the other programs that American citizens qualify for...if they need life-saving healthcare, they qualify for Medicaid.

Why do you need to lie to support your position you heartless unforgiving racist piece of shit??

You are the one lying. But we are now getting at the crux.

Welfare - Financial or other aid provided, especially by the government, to people in need.

Welfare is a pretty general term and as Joshua’s article documented above…the USA DOES spend taxpayer dollars to feed, clothe, house, and provide medical aide to illegal immigrants. This QUALIFIES as wellfare.

Now, as you pointed out…there maybe specific US Citizen welfare programs only for citizens and as Joshua pointed out…specific illegal immigrant welfare programs only for illegal immigrants BUT the USA does provide welfare services for illegal immigrants from tax dollars.

So please quit your lying by stating illegal immigrants don’t get welfare from the Federal Government.

J. Lane Easter, DVM