New
Find
Notify
Tools

Abbott kills 2 more.... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Looks like the barriers may have simply slowed or stopped the downstream float of an already deceased body…

"To be clear, preliminary information points to the drowning occurring before the body was even near the barriers. The Texas Department of Public Safety previously reported to Border Patrol the dead body floating upstream from the barriers in the Rio Grande. Also, DPS monitors the barriers for anyone attempting to cross and has not observed anyone attempting to cross since they were installed."

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Mayor Pete and the Biden Administration did not put up illegal barriers

Show me the LAW where the barriers are "illegal" .. or even court finding.

you can't - but boy, it must feel good to be so full of zeal that you rush to misjudgement

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They knowingly took the risk of trying to swim the river and break our law.

I won't lose any sleep over them.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Squire,
How MUCH do you want to bet that these bouys are 100% in Texas state waters? Say 10k to make it interesting? Texas shysters tend to be a bit slippery when they write laws.

oh, wait.. SNAP! -- Even the DoJ doesn't think it's actually ILLEGAL as they filed a CIVIL Complaint
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr...lacing-floating-buoy

quote:
The Justice Department today filed a civil complaint against the State of Texas because the state has built a floating barrier, consisting of buoys strung together, in the Rio Grande River

Loving reading the complaint - as there is ZERO "legal" cross river traffic (that would be an illegal crossing) that doesn't come across the port bridges --"threats to navigation" my eye.

but the core of the Doj's argument is authorization, not illegal activities.

It's not being handling by CBP/ICE, or any Law being broken, rather by the DoJ's " Environment and Natural Resources Division. "

"threats to navigation" - funny, how crossing the border in the Detroit river results in arrests by CBP/ICE - going over to Canada in a small craft, to get gas, beer, and bait can result in jailtime... likely my first dozen+ "trips" to Canada where when I was visiting relatives in Michigan, and they crossing the river, while fishing, for cheaper beer and cigs, way back in the 70s - and at least another dozen trips during summer going over to Windsor to dance and drink without needing a passport - trying crossing those bridges without a passport today results in charges.

now, to bring it back to swimming the border, if someone can swim across the Detroit river, they deserve a solid landing-- and charges

One river is basically a ditch, the other is a straight between the great lakes

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote