Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where in the USA can untainted wild fish be caught? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are dystopias, some are in one's head.

I'm sure you have been to a town hall meeting where some controversy was happening or being considered.

The crazies are loud and present, opinionated, ill informed, bias, blowhards, know it alls, and sometimes drown out reason.

Then there's the phone calls, the back door dealings, the political intimidations, etc.

Which are you, the crazy or the reason? Serious question because I don't know.

But I do know that for all your blustering, you haven't offered one solution that could work.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19749 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can think of a lake which is only snow-fed, but it might be partly populated by hatchery fish and thus open to adulteration...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
theback40, is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln5715ycmic

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19749 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is it up to me to have a solution?
I point out what a farce the things you get all worked up over are, and the other side as well.
I cant tell someone in Florida or Utah what is best for their land. I dont live there, and both are totally different types of land than where I live.
20 yrs as a town officer, mostly on roads and bridges, and as a farmer dealing with many of the same people, gives me a good deal of knowledge. You have cut and paste.
I have no idea who your youtube person is. I cant download a picture on a computer! It's why I call when I want something.
Must be you are the loudmouth ignorant crowd doing the yelling.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The youtube person/channel calls himself the back 40. And he has interesting videos.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an old saying, from before my grandfathers time. "Gonna go out and work the back 40" Pretty much means, I'm going to escape where no one can find me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When my father was dying, his last words to me were "come home, get yourself a mule, and work the back 40."

I was in Alaska at the time. My sister put him on the phone. He was delirious. The nurses had given him enough juice, or whatever, to revive him one last time before they pulled the plug. He was 94.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always found it interesting, like my mother who had dementia. My last visit with her, two days before she died in her sleep. It was like talking to her from years before, totally lucid, animated, the whole works.
It seems often there is a last clear spell in their minds before the end.