THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    ‘You’re gonna get us all killed’: lawsuit provides harrowing look at Fox News’ liies

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘You’re gonna get us all killed’: lawsuit provides harrowing look at Fox News’ liies Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
‘You’re gonna get us all killed’: New lawsuit provides harrowing look at Fox News’ lies

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b5026eacfcebc5&ei=63

“When Donner heard Fox News’ false reporting of the insurrection at the Capitol, he called the Fox News’ control room and stated, ‘I’m your Capitol Hill Producer inside the Capitol where tear gas is going off on the second floor in the Ohio clock corridor, rioters are storming the building, reports of shots fired outside the House Chamber. I don’t want to hear any of this f----- s--- on our air ever again because you’re gonna get us all killed.’”

Anew lawsuit sheds fresh light on how Fox News’ propaganda machine works from the inside — at the same time that the network is trying to extract even more from cable news subscribers. Former Fox News producer Jason Donner is suing the network, alleging that he was fired for challenging its coverage of the 2020 election, the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, and vaccines. Donner’s lawsuit, including a new filing this week, is a first-person perspective on how the sausage is made, as truth-tellers are marginalized and ultimately forced out.

In recent years, we’ve seen a mountain of evidence unearthed via the legal system showing that Fox News operates as a propaganda outlet. Dominion Voting Systems’ lawsuit against Fox, which resulted in a record $787 million settlement, revealed how the network was a clearinghouse of misinformation. Media Matters President Angelo Carusone has described the Dominion filings as offering “a keyhole view into the day-to-day industrial-scale deceit that takes place at Fox.”

Donner’s suit is another tantalizing glimpse inside the Fox News machine. The filing — and its claims that have not yet been proven in a court of law, for the record — alleges he received backlash internally for publicly disputing Rudy Giuliani’s allegations about voter fraud at the latter’s wild, lie-filled Nov. 19, 2020, press conference. According to Donner, he was reprimanded for contextualizing Giuliani’s misleading statements. As he alleged in the complaint, his then-boss “stated that she would ‘let it go’ but that Donner needed to be careful moving forward. … It was clear to Donner that the reprimand … came from upper management. From this point on, Donner had a target on his back with upper management.” (Neither a Fox News spokesperson nor lawyers for the network responded to NBC News’ requests for comment.)

We knew from Dominion filings that a week before Giuliani’s press conference, Fox hosts had discussed trying to get reporter Jacqui Heinrich fired for similarly disputing the Trump campaign line. We knew that Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan Murdoch was directly in touch with the newsroom after the election to ensure a pro-Trump tone to his liking. But Donner’s account details the pressure that has led so many Fox veterans to leave the company — and to call it out as a propaganda machine.

In the filing, Donner also describes what it was like being at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and hearing Fox News personalities downplay the attack. Media Matters has documented the shameful and horrifying Fox News coverage that day, but the account in Donner’s filing still feels raw: “When Donner heard Fox News’ false reporting of the insurrection at the Capitol, he called the Fox News’ control room and stated, ‘I’m your Capitol Hill Producer inside the Capitol where tear gas is going off on the second floor in the Ohio clock corridor, rioters are storming the building, reports of shots fired outside the House Chamber. I don’t want to hear any of this f----- s--- on our air ever again because you’re gonna get us all killed.’”

Donner also describes pleading with executives at Fox about Tucker Carlson’s Fox Nation special “Patriot Purge,” which claimed that the rioters at the U.S. Capitol were in fact righteous patriots, that violence on Jan. 6 was a sinister “false flag” operation, and that the media and law enforcement are exploiting it to conduct a “purge aimed at legacy Americans.” Carlson’s special was written by a director of white nationalist documentaries and promoted across Fox programs.

We knew from prior reporting that internal complaints about Carlson’s film had reached the upper echelons of Fox executives, including Lachlan Murdoch. Donner’s filing reveals that Fox News released it despite his work with Fox reporter Jennifer Griffin to debunk the claims within. The film remains available to stream on Fox’s streaming service Fox Nation.

And this is the point: Fox knew all of these were lies and allowed them anyway, pressuring people in the organization to follow along. The two people most responsible for this culture of corruption are Fox Corp. founder Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan Murdoch, who finally succeeded his father as the company’s chairman this week. Both value chasing the audience over chasing the truth. And when a segment of Fox’s audience — including then-President Donald Trump — decamped for rivals like One America News and Newsmax after the 2020 election, lives were ruined and the country was thrown into upheaval because of the way Fox chose to try to win back their attention.

And why do Fox executives need that audience? That gets to the money, because they use their audience to extract big payouts from the cable companies.

Fox News is funded largely through cable bills — getting monthly fees per subscriber. Despite the explosion of cord-cutting, Lachlan Murdoch is promising huge price increases in the current round of renewals. One of the company’s aggressive tactics is whipping its audience into a frenzy, warning viewers that their cable companies are trying to take Fox away from them and issuing calls to action.

But when cable companies succumb to Fox’s tactics, it’s not just these Fox viewers who pay the price. It’s every cable subscriber who gets their cable bill raised regardless of whether they watch the channel. Donner’s lawsuit shows Fox’s entire business model depends on demanding loyalty from its staff to keep the attention of its audience. The propaganda is the point — regardless of the consequences for the rest of us.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19784 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
*TLDR

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
*TLDR

Well, you should have. dancing I had to look up what TLDR means.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
“When Donner heard Fox News’ false reporting of the insurrection at the Capitol, he called the Fox News’ control room and stated, ‘I’m your Capitol Hill Producer inside the Capitol where tear gas is going off on the second floor in the Ohio clock corridor, rioters are storming the building, reports of shots fired outside the House Chamber. I don’t want to hear any of this f----- s--- on our air ever again because you’re gonna get us all killed.’”

Why was he so afraid of "peaceful tourists"?

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FOX should have their license pulled. The Murdoch family needs to pay for the lies they spread and continue to spread. Lachlan is no better than Rupert. Just a bunch of money-grubbing traitors.

Posts: 13783 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
*TLDR

Well, you should have. dancing I had to look up what TLDR means.

I finally looked it up too. "TLDR" Too Long Didn't Read.

That's a short article!!!

That's almost funny, or ironic, but it's sad.

I admit that sometimes I don't read an entire article or watch an entire video that I post a link to, but I read or watch enough of it to get it and make sure that it doesn't go off the rails before posting it.

Some articles are good enough and short enough to cut and paste the whole thing in part because the closing summary is good.

I don't make a habit of that.

Also, more so than not, I don't read an entire article posted by someone else. But I usually read most of it and the conclusion to see if it's worth reading the whole thing. When GWB used to post articles from americanstinker, I refused to read them.

But back to TLDR. Nowadays it's not only the young and impatient types but older folks who have an attention span problem.

On issues that affect the entire country and maybe the world, such as creeping fascism, one would think that attention span is moot.

But alas, that seems to be the root problem - that and denial.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19784 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the nuance of TLDR is that one also provides a summary , used at

tldr "some people did some things"

If i am reading an article, it's fine, but reading a "wall of text" (which generally results in a TLDR) i usually skim the first bit, and move on.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"wall of text"

I've seen some articles posted (the text) that did appear as a "wall of text".

The reason for that is because the paragraph seperations were missing.

I never run the paragraphs together.

Also, often I will highlight in Bold , some parts to draw attention, and italicize some parts.

Those tools are available for purpose.

I try to make it easy, so the only excuse is attention span or just don't care, or perhaps one would rather just maintain denial.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a long video, too long IMO, and I didn't watch it all - yet.

So, if you don't watch it all, I understand. Smiler

But I invite you to watch enough of it to get the message.

This is Fox News fodder, for the fascist fodder.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f723d89156dee7&ei=90

‘We’re Gonna Put Kids In Cages’: Meet The Man Who Could Be Trump’s Next Attorney General

He’s said he’d toss opponents in “the gulag,” called caging migrant kids “glorious,” and told his followers to “arm up” against “the violent black underclass.” But it’s not just GOP lawyer Mike Davis – who could be Trump’s attorney general – you should be worried about, Mehdi points out: It’s his 53,999 far-right comrades being recruited for a new Trump administration.

================================================

Just so you understand my premise, I'll spell it out for you:

MAGAdites know what his means and this is what they want. That's the basis for supporting Trump. It's has been all along.

Fox News is the propaganda machine feeding red meat to the dragon.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
Just for you - scroll to 19:04 in the above video, where they mention attention span as well as support for all this among MAGAs.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did read it.

Its constantly Donner accuses and "not proven" and alleges.

Fundamentally, its a Fox employee who got removed and wants money. While I suppose it could be legitimate, my experience is that most of these types of claims are exaggerated to win in the court of public opinion and force a legal settlement.

In other words, someone wants money and is accusing his employer of doing all kinds of nasty stuff.

And its on MSN which is the liberal version of Fox, right? You don't think that MSN doesn't make editorial decisions based on their world views?

Posts: 10663 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only problem with that is Fox News got and its employees got sued and paid out in one lump sum 750 million due to known election lies. I consider the two issues intangibly linked.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And he’s the only one who objected and was fired?

Somehow this all sounds like he doth protest too much.

While Fox allowed it’s on air folks to say things they knew was false, did he actually protest it and get fired inappropriately for it?

For MSN to be stating things like this that are unproven, and throwing weasel words in says what? We want to discredit our competition and this stuff sells with our target market…

Posts: 10663 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe?

We know who did not object and did not get fired until the lawsuits came:

Lou Dobbs,
And
Tucker Carlson.

We know who played along and did not get fired;
Sean Hannity,
and
Maria Bartiromo.

Chris Wallace, a man I have respect for in journalism, left Fox over this.

Those are the ones I know.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote