Find
Notify
Tools

Did you notice? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Saw the photo op with Biden in Ukraine.
The honor guard were carrying sks's
Not sure that is the best final measure for protection!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Protect him from whom?

Putin is laughing his head off about you lot not sure what gender God is to you! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66986 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Protect him from whom?

Putin is laughing his head off about you lot not sure what gender God is to you! clap

Oh, I doubt Putin is giving near as much thought to those things as you are these days. He's got a war to lose.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15099 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Protect him from whom?

Oh, I doubt Putin is giving near as much thought to those things as you are these days. He's got a war to lose.

And he is doing a damn fine job of it! beer rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Yea, right, “Putin is laughing his head off.”

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Protect him from whom?

And he is doing a damn fine job of it! beer rotflmo

Trying very hard to catch up with America!

The biggest war loser on this earth! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66986 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
That’s really funny coming from the ruling family of a country whose capital was rocketed by a bunch of Yemeni goat/camel herders! rotflmo jumping animal cuckoo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Saw the photo op with Biden in Ukraine.
The honor guard were carrying sks's
Not sure that is the best final measure for protection!

Were they loaded? Reminds me of Nasser's end...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And our honor guards use various old rifles. Usually the M14’s don’t even have a magazine.

Point?

The honor guards aren’t there as guards… they’re there as an honor.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply interesting.
The corporal of the guard has the magazines and ammo in the case of need for our honor guard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Simply interesting.
The corporal of the guard has the magazines and ammo in the case of need for our honor guard.

I did not know that... Where does he have them, certainly not on his person as far as honor guards.

My military experience was not particularly large, but the commander of a guard detachment in most settings had a key to get at the ammunition stored at the guard shack. (this was in CONUS, not overseas and not in a dangerous zone or like the guys guarding sensitive installations) and the only time I saw a formal honor guard, the officer in charge (a major by the way) and the sergeant giving commands had no pouch or package big enough to hold the ammo necessary to give each man a magazine. Those guys were using M16's and were in dress uniforms...

Of course, us ROTC boys didn't have any ammo anywhere when we were "standing guard" but that's a different kettle of fish.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that most Russian and Chinese honor guards use the SKS as well. It has more gripping area than an AK and it doesn't have that big magazine sticking out.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15099 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The SKS's Ive seen have been very high quality built and have shot superbly.

Posts: 4251 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The SKS is more accurate than any AK I've shot, still not my idea of a final defense weapon.
Doc,the corp. of the guard would not be visable, but close by. He would have a sidearm, and a satchel of mags.
There were a few honor guards in air assault school when I went through. They are fully trained, not just for show. Or, they used to be,likely still are. One of the most fun things they didnt get to do. Hot zone extraction techniques. Harness up 3-5 men at a time, facing out, snap in a dropped cable and the chopper never stops moving, up, up and away. We used to laugh at the honor guard being left behind, as it wasnt a needed practice for them.