THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    It’s car manufacturers’ fault! Cars are too easy to steal!!!

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s car manufacturers’ fault! Cars are too easy to steal!!! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
https://x.com/joeconchatv/stat...201462187102260?s=46

The Democrat mentality. 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats bizarre logic. Every day i toss my billfold on my kitchen counter at the end of the day. If a guest steals it, its my fault for having it there? This is like the stupid argument when a woman is assaulted that the way she was dressed she was asking for it. Maybe just some people were not raised right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are devices on the black market now for about $15k which let you open and start any vehicle of certain manufacturers. No key needs to be near. They scan for a signal (the signal which usually communicates with the key) and can respond in a way the car thinks it's a key.

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
I have a client who was rear-ended.

The person who ran into him told the responding law enforcement officer that she was eating a taco, and the taco broke and distracted her. She told the officer it was clearly the taco's fault.

True story.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess buy a vehicle from near the bottom of the most stolen list or one not even on the list. Sadly, once it's out of your sight it's fair game for thieves. And that's the way it is.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1168 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I installed a Ravelco kill switch plug on my work F250. There are simpler kill switches, but not all are eligible for an insurance discount.

Ravelco Anto-theft

Of course, they can always show up with a flatbed and just haul it off, but at least I've added another layer of hassle.

A simple steering wheel "club" is also fairly effective.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BushPeter:
There are devices on the black market now for about $15k which let you open and start any vehicle of certain manufacturers. No key needs to be near. They scan for a signal (the signal which usually communicates with the key) and can respond in a way the car thinks it's a key.

They also sell scanners to detect GPS emissions and GPS jammers to neutralize those emissions.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
https://x.com/joeconchatv/stat...201462187102260?s=46

The Democrat mentality. 2020

Our vehicles are in the valley of disenchantment, too old to be worth much as used ones, too new to be collector's pieces. And ugly...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14373 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems it's a known issue with models from a couple of manufacturers that allows them to be started with a cell phone charger, but let's stoke outrage at the official trying to make them do better.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9568 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
I have a client who was rear-ended.

The person who ran into him told the responding law enforcement officer that she was eating a taco, and the taco broke and distracted her. She told the officer it was clearly the taco's fault.

True story.

Yeah, the shit you hear is amazing. I bet that case got settled pretty quick.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On an old car I used to have, I had a button on the floorboard, under the mat that had to be depressed to engage the starter. I thought that was pretty cool, but these days, I think my next car will just be standard transmission. This generation can't drive them!

I learned to drive three on the tree at age 9.

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote