Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Biden heading to Israel Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I sure hope and pray that God watches after old slo Joe!

Because as totally awful as he is, if something happens to the senile old turd we are stuck with the giggling idiot kamalala.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about just being concerned for our President going into just outside the cave w the lions in it.

Not to mention, the death of a United States President would be a choir to the US directly engaging into War, not conflict War, in the Middle East.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
How about just being concerned for our President going into just outside the cave w the lions in it.

Not to mention, the death of a United States President would be a choir to the US directly engaging into War, not conflict War, in the Middle East.

When somebody shows you who they are, believe them.

Juvenile jokes and partisan bullshit will always be more important to him and his ilk than the life of a political opponent and the good of the Country.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Pot calling kettle. Pot calling kettle. Are you there? Please.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am glad he is going. A Presidential visit to Israel is a major show of support for the country — credit where credit due.

I pray he stays safe…for his sake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Remember when Osama bin Laden wasn’t dead enough for Republicans? Good times.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I am glad he is going. A Presidential visit to Israel is a major show of support for the country — credit where credit due.

patriot

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

I shall join in being the 3rd concurrence to this.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Doesn't matter voted for him or not, God Bless Joe Biden. You sceptics never mind, I'm quite sure Jtex agrees, God Bless and keep President Biden.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I shall join in being the 3rd concurrence to this.

I pray he stays safe for ALL of our sake. If something happens to Biden, we could be plunged into war.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If some person kills Biden, it will probably result in a fracas like Princip’s shooting Archduke Ferdinand.

That to me is a good reason for Biden to not go there. Send a high level delegation, send the VP, whatever… I don’t see what Biden will learn or accomplish by going there (ditto with going to Ukraine, which he has done…)

Our politics have become dominated by the symbolic gesture.

Kiev would appreciate 5 more tanks more than a presidential visit.

Israel would appreciate a UN Security Council mandate from Biden more than his visit.

Biden gains the appearance of decisiveness and power in the lead up to the elections is all this really gains as opposed to modifying our commitments.

I don’t see the actual benefit here. I see a lot of risks.

I too hope he does well.

As much as I think he’s a doddering fool, he is the president and is both a fellow man and the representative of our national will.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
If some person kills Biden, it will probably result in a fracas like Princip’s shooting Archduke Ferdinand.

That to me is a good reason for Biden to not go there. Send a high level delegation, send the VP, whatever… I don’t see what Biden will learn or accomplish by going there (ditto with going to Ukraine, which he has done…)

Our politics have become dominated by the symbolic gesture.

Kiev would appreciate 5 more tanks more than a presidential visit.

Israel would appreciate a UN Security Council mandate from Biden more than his visit.

Biden gains the appearance of decisiveness and power in the lead up to the elections is all this really gains as opposed to modifying our commitments.

I don’t see the actual benefit here. I see a lot of risks.

I too hope he does well.

As much as I think he’s a doddering fool, he is the president and is both a fellow man and the representative of our national will.

I find it rather amazing that neither the President nor the State Department consulted you as to what you "can see" before deciding on a course of action.

Didn't we recently address your eyesight? Have you gotten those white canes installed on each corner of any vehicles you drive?

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, what do you see as an advantage?

It’s symbolic.

If we are supposedly moving towards use of logic and evidence, what does Biden setting foot in Israel actually accomplish? Especially during a war.

If you are good with symbolism over substance, then supporting this is reasonable.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, what do you see as an advantage?

It’s symbolic.

If we are supposedly moving towards use of logic and evidence, what does Biden setting foot in Israel actually accomplish? Especially during a war.

If you are good with symbolism over substance, then supporting this is reasonable.

It's an important show of support for our strongest ally in a volatile region and gives the President enormous leverage to affect how Israel conducts operations against Hamas, as well as getting humanitarian aid through the Egyptian border.

And shows what a pussy Trump was for not visiting an American cemetery in France because he was afraid of the rain.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not arguing against supporting Israel, and I’m not certain how our president showing up during a war that we are not a part of makes our position stronger.

Biden has supported Israel strongly, which mildly surprised me given his past record of advocating for the Palestinians.

The point being, the power of the symbolic gesture is not worth the risk of a global war by him getting killed by say Iranian assets.

I have not complained about the overall of his policy plans supporting Ukraine or Israel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not arguing against supporting Israel, and I’m not certain how our president showing up during a war that we are not a part of makes our position stronger.

Biden has supported Israel strongly, which mildly surprised me given his past record of advocating for the Palestinians.

The point being, the power of the symbolic gesture is not worth the risk of a global war by him getting killed by say Iranian assets.

I have not complained about the overall of his policy plans supporting Ukraine or Israel.
With the Ford Carrier Strike Group in the eastern Med, the Abe Lincoln Strike Group in the Arabian Sea or Persian Gulf and the Ike Strike Group inbound this is a real good time for miscreants and evil-doers to be very, very quiet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And that speaks a heck of a lot louder than Biden showing up and risking yet another verbal gaffe or, alternatively getting himself killed.

I’m not arguing against his support, I’m just saying the risk vs benefit doesn’t seem there for him to go there in person.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anybody think that if there was any sort of risk associated with the visit that Biden would be going?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And that speaks a heck of a lot louder than Biden showing up and risking yet another verbal gaffe or, alternatively getting himself killed.

I’m not arguing against his support, I’m just saying the risk vs benefit doesn’t seem there for him to go there in person.

And that's why you are here arguing with me and he is there leading the Free World.

And unlike you and your fellow Republicans the Free World isn't recording him to try to parse out a verbal slip that can be used as an attack, they are listening to him like the elder statesman he is.

Remember when we respected and valued elder statesmen for their wisdom borne of experience?

Meanwhile your Party is trying to make Jim Jordan Speaker of the House.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there a risk to Biden to go there? yes there is but the real question is the level of risk. With the level of security I would call the risk very low, but the publicity would be big. Remember in today's modern wars publicity good or bad wins/losses more wars than bullets and missiles.

Posts: 508 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen much wisdom out of experience from Biden.

And the type of gaffe I’m talking about iso e that results in a major miscalculation- like the diplomat who let Iraq think we would not react to their invading Kuwait, not the penny ante stuff that gets thrown around in elections. Biden has a pretty long history of saying things that end up having to be walked back.

I get you think Biden’s a good president. Frankly, I think you would do better. Most anyone with a sense of decency and a full mental capacity would.

And yes, that means Trump doesn’t qualify.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figured he just wanted the nap the plane ride would give him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven’t seen much wisdom out of experience from Biden.

And the type of gaffe I’m talking about iso e that results in a major miscalculation- like the diplomat who let Iraq think we would not react to their invading Kuwait, not the penny ante stuff that gets thrown around in elections. Biden has a pretty long history of saying things that end up having to be walked back.

I get you think Biden’s a good president. Frankly, I think you would do better. Most anyone with a sense of decency and a full mental capacity would.

And yes, that means Trump doesn’t qualify.

I am not remotely qualified to be President, seven years in the Army and a Poli Sci degree would be a starting point to get qualified, if I added a decade in the House and two terms in the Senate and maybe a few years as a Cabinet Secretary.

Hillary Clinton was the best-qualified candidate of my lifetime, with Al Gore and Biden probably about tied for second.

It goes without saying that there's never been a less qualified candidate than Trump, and I'm not ignoring the kooks and nuts that ran in the 70s. Trump had no idea how government works and no desire to learn, and successfully avoided doing so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:
Is there a risk to Biden to go there? yes there is but the real question is the level of risk. With the level of security I would call the risk very low, but the publicity would be big. Remember in today's modern wars publicity good or bad wins/losses more wars than bullets and missiles.

Notice how quiet it's been since he landed?

Teddy Roosevelt never even dreamed of a stick the size of the Ford Carrier Strike Group, and the Abe Lincoln SG is in the Arabian Sea or the Persian Gulf with the Ike incoming.

The most powerful Navy in the Middle East is the U.S. Navy. The most powerful Air Force in the Middle East is the U.S. Navy.

Everybody is sucking on Hall's or Ricola's best because right now is a poor time to cough out of turn.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trip is largely symbolic--an important symbol of US support.

If the Arabs don't want to meet with Biden, so be it.

I can't find much sympathy inside myself for the plight of the Palestinians--which is self-inflicted, so far as I'm concerned. They chose Hamas to rule them after all.

Damn, Hamas are not only violent, but stupid too!

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

I can't find much sympathy inside myself for the plight of the Palestinians--which is self-inflicted, so far as I'm concerned. They chose Hamas to rule them after all.

Evil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Somewhere around 70% of Gazans were either not born or not old enough to vote the last time an election was held in Gaza.

Like their Republican soul mates as soon as they gained power Hamas decided elections were no longer necessary.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wholeheartedly agree this was very stupid of Hamas. PM Netanyahu position internally and internationally was at its lowest since he lost the Premiership.

Hamas as only strengthened Netanyahu, the international hardline, mobilized the entire State of Israel in unification, and moved the U.S. closer to an ally that was somewhat strained.

Hamas/Palestinians has de facto sovereignty in Gaza. There has not been an Israeli there in 20ish years.

What has their mass murder, invasion of sovereignty, taking of hostages, rape, and torture brought them? Nothing but the above which is a loss to them.

Stupidity unadulterated stupidity. Hamas stupidity is only exceeded by their violence.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Somewhere around 70% of Gazans were either not born or not old enough to vote the last time an election was held in Gaza.

Like their Republican soul mates as soon as they gained power Hamas decided elections were no longer necessary.

I don't often resort to personal insults - so i won't

Jeff wins trash post of the year-to-date

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't often resort to personal insults - so i won't

Jeff wins trash post of the year-to-date

That 70% is a rough estimate, could be off a few either way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is taking umbrage with the comparison between the GOP and Hamas.

Despite the flaws of the Right which is tied to a large segment of the GOP, and those flaws includes attempts to bring religious hegemony in the public sphere, and yes violence.

The Right/GOP are not cutting the heads off of their counterparts. They are not using rape systematically to destroy the other side.

The GOP, the Right on its worse day being Jan 6 is not Hamas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is taking umbrage with the comparison between the GOP and Hamas.

Despite the flaws of the Right which is tied to a large segment of the GOP, and those flaws includes attempts to bring religious hegemony in the public sphere, and yes violence.

The Right/GOP are not cutting the heads off of their counterparts. They are not using rape systematically to destroy the other side.

The GOP, the Right on its worse day being Jan 6 is not Hamas.

I never claimed they were, just that, like Hamas, as soon as they gained power they didn't feel the need for further fair and free elections and refused to honor the fact that they lost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:

Notice how quiet it's been since he landed?

Teddy Roosevelt never even dreamed of a stick the size of the Ford Carrier Strike Group, and the Abe Lincoln SG is in the Arabian Sea or the Persian Gulf with the Ike incoming.

The most powerful Navy in the Middle East is the U.S. Navy. The most powerful Air Force in the Middle East is the U.S. Navy.

Everybody is sucking on Hall's or Ricola's best because right now is a poor time to cough out of turn.

quote:
There was an observed reduction in rocket fire from the Gaza Strip towards Israel during US President Joe Biden’s trip visit to Tel Aviv on Wednesday. The few that were fired were not anywhere near the president.

Yet almost immediately after Biden took off, Hamas started firing rockets again, with a barrage towards Tel Aviv and central Israel areas, including Petah Tikva, Hod Hasharon, and other locations.

Link