Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Democrats are poised to blow it Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
The GOP appears likely to nominate Trump! Can any reasonable person account for that? Nominating the man responsible for January 6?

Up until recently, I'd believed a Trump nomination would be suicidal for Republicans in the 2024 election. Now I'm not so sure. The Democrats in their arrogance and extremism look like they may blow it. Barring further indictments of Trump...

Putting transexuals on a pedestal? Celebrating, as Biden did, a trans boy for defeating girls in a physical contest? I'm out of touch up here in Alaska, but if I had to bet, it would be that most American voters don't share Biden's enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong. I don't think trans people should be discriminated against, and if someone wants a sex change that's their business, not mine.

Reparations? Please. Show me a non-black voter who favors that one. If we're going to undertake more public debt for reparations to one racial group, we owe it to justice and history to start with American Indians. Personally, I don't think anyone alive is due reparations. Anyone still alive who was a slave should seek reparations from the slavers and slave-owners. Not from me. And I'm not impressed by Democrat politicians who pander to these extremist positions.

Other examples of wokism are cropping up. I consider myself a moderate liberal, but the Democrats are going a few bridges too far for me. I would never vote for Trump, but the Democrats aren't the only alternative on the ballot.

Somebody, please! Reassure me that we aren't looking at another Trump presidency.

Whew! Now that I've got that rant off my chest, I'll return to my usual Trump bashing.

Posts: 6162 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Can any reasonable person account for that?

People all over the world keep asking that about your political system.

So corrupt.

So stupid.

So unbelievable.

And you lot still pick the same crooks year after years after year.

I understand Feinstein got her foot in the grave now.

Only way to stop being of your grand rulers! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yet, somehow--unbelievably--we manage to be the world's leading economic, political, cultural, and military power.

What was the name of your country again?

Posts: 6162 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know a single person "celebrating" somebody being transexual. I do know people who don't think they are being treated fairly and that it's none of our business how they identify. I also do not know a single person who would vote in favor of reparations. I do think maybe you are falling into the GOP's attempt to make itty bitty crap into major issues to win elections by scaring & disgusting people needlessly.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
I don't know a single person "celebrating" somebody being transexual. I do know people who don't think they are being treated fairly and that it's none of our business how they identify. I also do not know a single person who would vote in favor of reparations. I do think maybe you are falling into the GOP's attempt to make itty bitty crap into major issues to win elections by scaring & disgusting people needlessly.

So you don’t know any black people?? As Dire Straights sang-“ money for nothing and chickens for free”……… Look up the SF/Oakland response from the black community regarding reparations. pissers

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13172 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bringing a criminal to justice used to be what Repugs stood for.

Now they celebrate the bastard and will nominate him as the flag bearer for their bankrupt party.

Gym Jordan is suing Bragg to throw a monkey wrench into the proceedings and has a Trump appointed judge to help overthrow the judicial system.

The corruption never ends for these bastards.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland, I’m on the opposite side of the political divide and see it somewhat similarly.

Trump is against most of what I see as conservative, and I see Trump as setting the GOP up to fail again.

Trump wants to (policy wise, his personal peculiarities are not redeemable) make a radical border fence without dealing with our underlying issues relating to it, and then claim someone other than the American taxpayer will foot the bill.

His foreign policy is based on bluster and is rather schizoid.

His domestic agenda is incredibly spotty.

While he is able to hit conservative issues, he does so superficially and without a long term plan.

He is not fiscally conservative.

He is not really morally conservative, but rather the kind of “Christian” I abhor (constantly tells everyone else what is moral, but does what he feels like, then gets caught and convinces his followers that it’s not him, but the other guy who is the true bad guy).

I’m scared the GOP is going to run this idiot and end up pushing us to your party’s crazy’s as more will see them as less of a problem.

Live your life morally, pass laws that you are sure most want to live by, and spend frugally, and the country will take care of itself.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Democrats seem intent on rubbing Republicans' noses in it, might run Biden again if he's still breathing.
Not enough people running again, just like last time.

Republicans seem intent on getting revenge for last time, might run Trump again if he's still breathing.
Too many people running again, just like last time.

I'm not looking forward to this election, there is no clear path to sanity.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Yet, somehow--unbelievably--we manage to be the world's leading economic, political, cultural, and military power.

What was the name of your country again?

Saeed is so ate up with hatred for the US that he's got sand in his ears and eyes.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The GOP appears likely to nominate Trump! Can any reasonable person account for that? Nominating the man responsible for January 6?

Up until recently, I'd believed a Trump nomination would be suicidal for Republicans in the 2024 election. Now I'm not so sure. The Democrats in their arrogance and extremism look like they may blow it. Barring further indictments of Trump...

Putting transexuals on a pedestal? Celebrating, as Biden did, a trans boy for defeating girls in a physical contest? I'm out of touch up here in Alaska, but if I had to bet, it would be that most American voters don't share Biden's enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong. I don't think trans people should be discriminated against, and if someone wants a sex change that's their business, not mine.

Reparations? Please. Show me a non-black voter who favors that one. If we're going to undertake more public debt for reparations to one racial group, we owe it to justice and history to start with American Indians. Personally, I don't think anyone alive is due reparations. Anyone still alive who was a slave should seek reparations from the slavers and slave-owners. Not from me. And I'm not impressed by Democrat politicians who pander to these extremist positions.

Other examples of wokism are cropping up. I consider myself a moderate liberal, but the Democrats are going a few bridges too far for me. I would never vote for Trump, but the Democrats aren't the only alternative on the ballot.

Somebody, please! Reassure me that we aren't looking at another Trump presidency.

Whew! Now that I've got that rant off my chest, I'll return to my usual Trump bashing.

Obviously, a lot of things could happen between now and November of 2024 but underestimating trump is what got him elected in 2016. Anybody that doesn't think he has a fighting chance to win again is not paying attention to history. Especially with the shortcomings of the current Democratic crop.

That said, the Dems need to keep their eye on the ball. A vote for anybody other than the Democratic candidate in 2024 is a vote that increases the likelihood that trump will be POTUS again in 2024.

God help us all.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Reassurance? Wait till Dems want to legally marry their pets. And that statement would be ludicrous 15 years ago…but now? Think another Dem administration will have more or less woke insanity?

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biden wants to prohibit bans on transexual athletes. https://www.cbsnews.com/boston...ransgender-athletes/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Democrats seem intent on rubbing Republicans' noses in it, might run Biden again if he's still breathing.
Not enough people running again, just like last time.

Republicans seem intent on getting revenge for last time, might run Trump again if he's still breathing.
Too many people running again, just like last time.

I'm not looking forward to this election, there is no clear path to sanity.

Agreed 100 %.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1605 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
quote:

Reassurance? Wait till Dems want to legally marry their pets. And that statement would be ludicrous 15 years ago…but now? Think another Dem administration will have more or less woke insanity?

I think it's still a ludicrous statement. Consent is the key condition of marriage, and pets can't consent.

Reparations are different. Some D cities have already paid or are paying them. Idiots.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I have not been comfortable voting for either major party candidate sine 1996. In 2000 I thought McCain was the obvious choice, I bought campaign t-shirts and buttons. I wasn't about to vote for Al so I held my nose and voted "W". Horrible mistake.

After 2008 I stopped voting for either major party candidate. The choices had continued to degrade and there was no way I was going to buy a Tshirt, much less pull the lever for either.

Here we are today, the two major choices are actually worse than they were in 2020.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Title 9 is A gonner!

Where are all the women that fought so hard for it???

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I have not been comfortable voting for either major party candidate sine 1996. In 2000 I thought McCain was the obvious choice, I bought campaign t-shirts and buttons. I wasn't about to vote for Al so I held my nose and voted "W". Horrible mistake.

After 2008 I stopped voting for either major party candidate. The choices had continued to degrade and there was no way I was going to buy a Tshirt, much less pull the lever for either.

Here we are today, the two major choices are actually worse than they were in 2020.

Interesting. If I look back, I think politics in The US might have arrived at a totally different destination had Mcain been elected.

Posts: 4283 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
quote:

Interesting. If I look back, I think politics in The US might have arrived at a totally different destination had Mcain been elected.

I think I am certain.

McCain was certainly flawed, but generally, ( in 2000,) a diplomat, a conservative. I do not believe McCain would have orchestrated the War on Terror the way it was, I do not believe McCain would have led our nation into the divisive, partizan, fringe lunacy that we accept as soup dejour today.

I've said it many times, I like "W", but he was divisive and not the right choice.I don't believe half the gossip and slur aimed at Obama, but he was divisive. Trump? 2020 2020 2020 I worked hard at saying nice things about our POTUS, but he made my efforts so much harder.

And here we are headed for 2024 and the likely nominees are actually poorer than 2020. 2020

I live in rural/ remote AK, and yet looking to the future it seems like I should be real estate shopping in somewhere calm and predictable like Uruguay or Angola.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You sum it up quite well.

Posts: 4283 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McCain advocated the intervention in Syria.

McCain voted for both ears in the Middle East.

Gov. DeSantis just signed a 6 week full abortion ban. Thus, Dems are not blowing harder than Rs as we set the Presidential board.

Ronald Regan as Gov opposed and defeated a bill in California similar to the “ Don’t say Gay Bill” in Florida.

It was Gov. Regan who coined the phrase, “ You cannot catch being Gay.”

Posts: 10969 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden wants to prohibit bans on transexual athletes. https://www.cbsnews.com/boston...ransgender-athletes/

Somehow I have trouble seeing this as am urgent presidential issue.

We're taking this little bit of make-believe much too seriously, both pro and con.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Gov. DeSantis just signed a 6 week full abortion ban. Thus, Dems are not blowing harder than Rs as we set the Presidential board.

Ronald Regan as Gov opposed and defeated a bill in California similar to the “ Don’t say Gay Bill” in Florida.

Huh?

You're old enough now to just decide for yourself to run around with your pullups fully loaded and overflowing I take it. "If I'm going to have poopy pants, man I'm really gonna have poopy pants!" You say.

Fantastic! I'm sure you and yours will all be the better for it. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
McCain voted for both invasions.

You can Google him arguing with Rand Paul in the Senate with McCain advocating intervention in Syria.

Instead of oh saying Huh and acting like the child, go read.

Here I will do it for you. Since reading is an adult activity.

McCain advocated for troops in Syria.

He would have conducted the War on Terror more broadly than those elected President.

https://www.businessinsider.co...in-syria-2016-10?amp

The Left crazies say a private company can hire who they want as a spokesperson to the company’s benefit or harm.

Right crazies think their interpretation of scripture should govern our marriages, force children to give birth, ban contraception, criminalize consensual sex between adults, and have women bleeding from dead fetuses turned away from hospitals.

Oh, and let us not forget banning Michelangelo’s art in a Renaissance art class.

Posts: 10969 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Huh?

You're old enough now to just decide for yourself to run around with your pullups fully loaded and overflowing I take it. "If I'm going to have poopy pants, man I'm really gonna have poopy pants!" You say.

All you ever seem to bring to a conversation is insults. Insipid. Speaking of pull-ups, grow up.

Mike

Posts: 21242 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can Google him arguing with Rand Paul in the Senate with McCain advocating intervention in Syria.

He would have conducted the War on Terror more broadly than those elected President.

The Left crazies say a private company can hire who they want as a spokesperson to the company’s benefit or harm.

Not quite. They say that you have to hire the right numbers of the right “kind” of people as defined by them… or else.

Right crazies think their interpretation of scripture should govern our marriages, force children to give birth, ban contraception, criminalize consensual sex between adults, and have women bleeding from dead fetuses turned away from hospitals.

Let’s be fair. You are about half right there. They are not forcing children to give birth. They are forcing folks who have sex to give birth; and they didn’t force anyone by law to turn away a bleeding woman and neglect care.

Oh, and let us not forget banning Michelangelo’s art in a Renaissance art class.

Thought that was a grade school art class, not a renaissance art class.

You are branding yourself as a kook.

No attention to the specific facts- you wouldn’t exaggerate and insinuate facts in your professional work, would you?

There is plenty enough craziness in the far right without making crap up or deliberately misleading folks about the facts.

Some of the complaints are valid. Much are hyperbole.

If you want sanity in political discussion, you need to avoid demonizing people.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will never elect people to cure the ills of this country. We elect what we want to hear not what we need to hear. No politician will get elected on reducing spending. We have conditioned people to believe the govt has the solution to problems. Reagan was the last one to admit that it is the govt that causes our problems. Politicians today make careers out of redistributing our tax dollars to get re-elected. Patrick Henry was right to be afraid of the power of taxation.

Posts: 1314 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:

Not quite. They say that you have to hire the right numbers of the right “kind” of people as defined by them… or else.

Let’s be fair. You are about half right there. They are not forcing children to give birth. They are forcing folks who have sex to give birth; and they didn’t force anyone by law to turn away a bleeding woman and neglect care.

Thought that was a grade school art class, not a renaissance art class.

You are branding yourself as a kook.

No attention to the specific facts- you wouldn’t exaggerate and insinuate facts in your professional work, would you?

There is plenty enough craziness in the far right without making crap up or deliberately misleading folks about the facts.

Some of the complaints are valid. Much are hyperbole.

If you want sanity in political discussion, you need to avoid demonizing people.

Children who by law have been raped to give birth because minors cannot consent. I have been more than fair.

12 year olds can be expose to the David.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give those on Trump land a little credit.

I just heard a PAC supporting President Trump run an ad against Gov DeSantis attacking him for:
Cutting Medicare,
Cutting Social Security,
And
Attacking the retirement age.

Sound piece of campaigning.

Now, as Gov DeSantis could not do any of that.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
quote:

Huh?

All you ever seem to bring to a conversation is insults. Insipid. Speaking of pull-ups, grow up.

It seems a couple above, Shanks seemed to appreciate my thoughts. Is it that you're not using your booster chair to be able to see the screen?

Come on man, grab a couple phone books and get up here where the full sized folks can see you. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . thanks for proving my point. Not sure if you are just insipid or just stupid. Maybe a mix of both. You are such a great role model for your daughter. Carry on nimwit.

Mike

Posts: 21242 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . thanks for proving my point. Not sure if you are just insipid or just stupid. Maybe a mix of both. You are such a great role model for your daughter. Carry on nimwit.

What is it about some of you that makes you so fragile? You chase Doc Lane around like an enraged girlfriend, "duplicity" you said of him? And then get really weepy eyed over "kid" and "shorty" Big Grin

Colicky babies, at least a couple of you. Hope that massive insult doesn't keep you from sleeping tonight! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What is it about some of you that makes you so fragile? You chase Doc Lane around like an enraged girlfriend, "duplicity" you said of him? And then get really weepy eyed over "kid" and "shorty" Big Grin

Colicky babies, at least a couple of you. Hope that massive insult doesn't keep you from sleeping tonight! rotflmo

I don't see anyone chasing Lane around. I do think he and you are both off your rockers and that it needs to be pointed out to you both. You can add Jtex to the group of old codgers needing a new rocker.

Lheym is far, far more mature than you childish members attacking him over his age. Next you will be referring to those of us who wear corrective lenses as four eyes. I think it is you Scott who needs your diaper changed. It sure as hell smells that way.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
quote:

I don't see anyone chasing Lane around. I do think he and you are both off your rockers and that it needs to be pointed out to you both. You can add Jtex to the group of old codgers needing a new rocker.

Lheym is far, far more mature than you childish members attacking him over his age. Next you will be referring to those of us who wear corrective lenses as four eyes. I think it is you Scott who needs your diaper changed. It sure as hell smells that way.

I'm the same age as you! I may be far less mature, but I'm the same age, I was born in 68. As to glasses, I've got cataracts that need removing and I've got a great big thick set of bifocals on right now.
I'm fairly certain Jtex and Lane the same.
"Codgers"?
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm the same age as you! I may be far less mature, but I'm the same age, I was born in 68. As to glasses, I've got cataracts that need removing and I've got a great big thick set of bifocals on right now.
"Codgers"?
Big Grin

I think comes down to attitude Wink

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"Codgers"?
Big Grin

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit (attitude) that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:

"Codgers"?
Big Grin

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit (attitude) that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Wink

Lane,
I completely understand that when you are wrong, you double down. You have demonstrated that repeatedly Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Great!

If you think I am wrong…I am virtually guaranteed to be on the right track. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Great!

If you think I am wrong…I am virtually guaranteed to be on the right track. Wink

Ain't that the truth!

Old four eyes is A piece of work Wink

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Junior has gone full blast kook.......and is now,making stuff up....A democrat for sure!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

Junior has gone full blast kook.......and is now,making stuff up....A democrat for sure!

Nice to hear the view from the old folks home. I think it is you who needs the corrective lenses, bi-focals most likely at your advanced stage of degradation. old