THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Senate Republicans on Impeachment: "It's a fool's errand"

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senate Republicans on Impeachment: "It's a fool's errand" Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
So.... I'm sure it's exactly what McCarthy and the rest of the idiot House republicans will do.

https://thehill.com/homenews/h...-its-a-fools-errand/

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15119 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Query:

Is America better because Donald Trump has been charged with 91 felonies in multiple jurisdictions?

Will America be better because Democratic senators have already decided to put their futures and that of their party ahead of their duty to review evidence and if true to convict?

It’s only a fools errand if Superman’s motto of “Truth, justice and the American way” is dead on the alter of “Greed, partisan politics and the Banana Republic way”.

Do you have so little faith in Democrat senators that you’re resigned to another display of their lack of character? That’s really sad, if so.

Where’s the Democrat statesman who should say, “If Articles are presented to the Senate, it is our duty to consciously weigh the evidence and if impeachable offense is proved, to vote as the Constitution and our oaths mandate “

Does America deserve less?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just another Congressional exercise that has nothing to do with what is in the best interests of the country, statesmanship and good governance and everything to do with petty politics. So we take a Constitutional concept of great importance, impeachment, and we dumb it down to a concept that becomes essentially meaningless political theatre. Don't get me wrong, the Democrats started it with Trump but rather than rise to the occasion the GOP seems content to climb down into the pig trough and roll around with the Dems. Pretty shameful if you ask me.

Mike

Posts: 21236 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree Mike, but I always like it when the house is on a fools errand. It means less time to pass stupid shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No matter how many fool's errands are presented the Republican Party's bottomless well of fools stands at the ready!

So, Judge, exactly what "high crime or misdemeanor" is President Biden accused of?

I seem to recall that the last couple times clear evidence of guilt on the part of a President in impeachment trials was presented to the Senate it wasn't the Democratic Senators who found themselves unable to do their "duty to consciously weigh the evidence and if impeachable offense is proved, to vote as the Constitution and our oaths mandate".

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is America better because Donald Trump has been charged with 91 felonies in multiple jurisdictions?

Yes. He's a top tier criminal and needs to go to prison.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Query:

Only if you subscribe to the proposition that no man is above the Law.

Will America be better because Democratic senators have already decided to put their futures and that of their party ahead of their duty to review evidence and if true to convict?
Like Republican Senators did twice?

It’s only a fools errand if Superman’s motto of “Truth, justice and the American way” is dead on the alter of “Greed, partisan politics and the Banana Republic way”.
If it's dead Republicans killed it. The evidence of Trump's guilt was clear in both his Impeachments but Party loyalty proved stronger that the Oaths Republicans went through the motions of taking.

Do you have so little faith in Democrat senators that you’re resigned to another display of their lack of character? That’s really sad, if so.
After over two years of flailing around the best the clowns in the Freedumb Caucus can come up with are the unfounded "allegations" Giuliani and the Russians floated before the last election, and no Senator of any Party should even consider voting to convict based on unproven allegations.

Where’s the Democrat statesman who should say, “If Articles are presented to the Senate, it is our duty to consciously weigh the evidence and if impeachable offense is proved, to vote as the Constitution and our oaths mandate “
Were Democratic Senators not supposed to be watching the clown show Gym Jordan and company have been putting on center stage?

Does America deserve less?
America deserves far, far more than this collection of side-show freaks and grifters the Republicans have elevated can offer.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Kinda funny!

One side is made up of climate deniers (or Trump apologist).
The other of Biden crime deniers and doomsday environmentalists

I think both need to be a bit more honest with themselves and make an adjustment or three. It just ain’t black or white.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kinda funny!

One side is made up of client deniers.
The other of Biden crime deniers.

What crime?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kinda funny!

One side is made up of client deniers (or Trump apologist).
The other of Biden crime deniers and doomsday environmentalists

I think both need to be a bit more honest with themselves and make an adjustment or three. It just ain’t black or white.

In every one of the more than 90 counts against Trump the crime he is accused of committing is laid out in great specificity, citing the exact section of Law he is accused of violating.

What crime is President Biden accused of? Where and when did he commit the crime, and what Law did he violate?

Republicans are lining up to find him guilty, apparently of nothing more than beating Trump and being a far better President and human being.

What crime, Judge?

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
You might not like Ted Cruz, but on his biweekly internet show, he makes a pretty good and documented case for bribery and extortion.

quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Kinda funny!

What crime?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Biden can't be convicted on impeachment the same way trump couldn't, and with about as much impact

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38501 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You might not like Ted Cruz, but on his biweekly internet show, he makes a pretty good and documented case for bribery and extortion.

quote:
quote:
Kinda funny!

What crime?

So a sitting United States Senator has evidence of crimes by a sitting President but rather than present that evidence in the Senate or provide it to the House Committees investigating that President with both hands he reserves it for his... podcast?

What kind of Judge were you, 4-H goat conformation?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Biden can't be convicted on impeachment the same way trump couldn't, and with about as much impact

If he has committed crimes either using his Presidential office or impacting upon his abilities to discharge the duties of that office he should be convicted.

Not only has no evidence been presented that he has done anything of the sort all anybody seems to have are the same unfounded allegations that were fed to Rudy Giuliani well before the 2020 election, the same crap Trump was impeached for trying to extort Zelensky into fabricating evidence of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:
Kinda funny!

What crime?

Who gives a damn what Ted Cruz says?

What is the evidence that you rely on or are even aware of that supports the assertion that President Biden has been involved in bribery and/or extortion?

We'll wait, your honor. coffee

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
You’re right. I don’t like Cruz. He is worthless as a statesman, just a shameful politician. I think I’ll rely on other sources of info.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly. Political kabuki. Waste of time. Congress finding ways to accomplish nothing. I guess now we can look forward to any sitting President with the House held by the other party being impeached in every election cycle.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Exactly. Political kabuki. Waste of time. Congress finding ways to accomplish nothing. I guess now we can look forward to any sitting President with the House held by the other party being impeached in every election cycle.

The first Articles of Impeachment were filed against Biden before he was sworn in by MTG.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Let’s devalue and debase the concept of impeachment to the point it is meaningless. That makes a lot of sense. Just one more value destroyed by the existing two party system and the fringe left and right they pander to.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:
Kinda funny!

What crime?

Okay, Bribery.

I presume he was the bribed here: Who bribed him, how much was he paid and, importantly, what official act did he then undertake corruptly in exchange for the bribe?

Who did he extort, what official action did he threaten to perform/not perform contingent upon whether his extortion were acceded to or not, and what did he demand? Was the extortion successful?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you take him at his word, he extorted Ukraine to shut down the investigation of his son when he was VP.

Yes, they did a brief investigation and declared him innocent, but a lot more information has come out since then that make it at least have the appearance of impropriety.

He also brought Hunter along on multiple trips on AF 2 and introduced him to international power figures thus possibly using his status to gain work/money for his inept kid (influence peddling).

Even if it actually doesn’t rise to criminality, most folks agree it’s wrong.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
If you take him at his word, he extorted Ukraine to shut down the investigation of his son when he was VP.

Yes, they did a brief investigation and declared him innocent, but a lot more information has come out since then that make it at least have the appearance of impropriety.

He also brought Hunter along on multiple trips on AF 2 and introduced him to international power figures thus possibly using his status to gain work/money for his inept kid (influence peddling).

Absolute bullshit, the exact opposite of the facts.

quote:
In 2012, the Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Pshonka began investigating Ukrainian oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, owner of the natural gas company Burisma Holdings, over allegations of money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption during 2010–2012.[42][43]

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation. The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts".[27][44] Among other issues, he was slow-walking the investigation into Zlochevsky and Burisma and, according to Zlochevsky's allies, using the threat of prosecution to try to solicit bribes from Mr. Zlochevsky and his team – to the extent that Obama officials were considering launching their own criminal investigation into the company for possible money laundering.[42]

While visiting Kyiv in December 2015, then-U.S. Vice President Joe Biden warned Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko that, if he did not fire Shokin, the Obama administration was prepared to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees. Biden later said: "I looked at them and said, 'I'm leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money.' [...] He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time." Whether or not Shokin's successor was "solid" was never confirmed.[45] Shokin was dismissed by Parliament in late March 2016.[46][47] In 2016, The New York Times published an article that suggested that "the credibility of the vice president’s anti-corruption message may have been undermined" by Hunter Biden’s dealings with the company.[48][49]

In May 2019, Vitaly Kasko, who had been Shokin's deputy overseeing international cooperation before resigning in February 2016, provided documents to Bloomberg News claiming that under Shokin, the investigation into Burisma had been dormant.[50][51] Shokin himself claimed in May 2019 that he had been investigating Burisma Holdings.[36][52] This claim was supported by testimony Shokin provided on September 4, 2019 for an Austrian court.[53] Testifying in support of his prior claims of investigating Burisma Holdings, Shokin, in a sworn affidavit dated September 4, 2019[53] for a court in Austria, stated that "The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, a natural gas firm active in Ukraine and Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors."[54] Shokin continued, stating that, "On several occasions President Poroshenko asked me to have a look at the criminal case against Burisma and consider the possibility of winding down the investigative actions in respect of this company, but I refused to close this investigation."[55]

The investigation into Burisma only pertained to events happening before[56] Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, joined the board of directors of Burisma Holdings in 2014.

Link

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Hummmmmm?

Someone finally saw a duck.

WAPO just published an op-ed telling Joe to withdraw from the 2024 race.

Will the sheeple follow their Bible?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Biden’s bragging about getting the prosecutor booted by threatening holding up aid?

I said if he was to be believed.

Yes, there has been statements that nothing occurred….

quote:
quote:

quote:
In 2012, the Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Pshonka began investigating Ukrainian oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, owner of the natural gas company Burisma Holdings, over allegations of money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption during 2010–2012.[42][43]

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation. The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts".[27][44] Among other issues, he was slow-walking the investigation into Zlochevsky and Burisma and, according to Zlochevsky's allies, using the threat of prosecution to try to solicit bribes from Mr. Zlochevsky and his team – to the extent that Obama officials were considering launching their own criminal investigation into the company for possible money laundering.[42]

While visiting Kyiv in December 2015, then-U.S. Vice President Joe Biden warned Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko that, if he did not fire Shokin, the Obama administration was prepared to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees. Biden later said: "I looked at them and said, 'I'm leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money.' [...] He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time." Whether or not Shokin's successor was "solid" was never confirmed.[45] Shokin was dismissed by Parliament in late March 2016.[46][47] In 2016, The New York Times published an article that suggested that "the credibility of the vice president’s anti-corruption message may have been undermined" by Hunter Biden’s dealings with the company.[48][49]

In May 2019, Vitaly Kasko, who had been Shokin's deputy overseeing international cooperation before resigning in February 2016, provided documents to Bloomberg News claiming that under Shokin, the investigation into Burisma had been dormant.[50][51] Shokin himself claimed in May 2019 that he had been investigating Burisma Holdings.[36][52] This claim was supported by testimony Shokin provided on September 4, 2019 for an Austrian court.[53] Testifying in support of his prior claims of investigating Burisma Holdings, Shokin, in a sworn affidavit dated September 4, 2019[53] for a court in Austria, stated that "The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, a natural gas firm active in Ukraine and Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors."[54] Shokin continued, stating that, "On several occasions President Poroshenko asked me to have a look at the criminal case against Burisma and consider the possibility of winding down the investigative actions in respect of this company, but I refused to close this investigation."[55]

The investigation into Burisma only pertained to events happening before[56] Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, joined the board of directors of Burisma Holdings in 2014.

Link

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Biden’s bragging about getting the prosecutor booted by threatening holding up aid?

The prosecutor was corrupt, and was blocking investigations of corruption, including of Burisma, WHO HUNTER BIDEN DIDN'T WORK FOR!

I said if he was to be believed.

Yes, there has been statements that nothing occurred….

quote:
quote:

quote:

Link

one of us
posted Hide Post
The State Department and the European Commission stated that Shokin had made acceptable progress in battling corruption

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
The State Department and the European Commission stated that Shokin had made acceptable progress in battling corruption

quote:
The European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine's scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country's political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister.

Ukraine's parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor's office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

Link

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hummmmmm?

Someone finally saw a duck.

WAPO just published an op-ed telling Joe to withdraw from the 2024 race.

Will the sheeple follow their Bible?

Somebody may have seen a duck but nobody has seen your evidence that President Biden engaged in bribery and extortion. I'll ask again, where is it?

Or, are you just full of shit? coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's face it. This thread is a perfect example. The republican zombies will simply repeat lies that they've heard on FOX and the other conservative echo chamber media outlets regardless of facts or evidence.

They don't care because they are liars and willing to believe other liars and lying about President Biden gives them a better chance of putting their candidate (who, ironically, is a demonstrable titanic liar) back into office in 2024.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Biden has more than enough behavior to warrant investigation.

I don’t think that there is enough proof to actually go through with getting him removed from office. Yes, it’s a fool’s errand to try and impeach him at this point- he should be fought at the ballot box, not through grandstanding like the Trump impeachments were.

The GOP should see how useless those impeachments were and acknowledge that they don’t have anywhere near enough to remove Biden at this point.

The Dems should see what a mess they created with their inadequate impeachment attempts.

None of the articles brought forward address what Trump ended up really doing.

But if there was enough to impeach Trump, there certainly is enough to investigate Biden.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's watch the Republicans, led by Marjorie Taylor Greene, impeach Biden. I'm all for it. That will end the Republican Party as we know it. The MAGA Republicans can then rename their party the (DTP) Donald Trump Party, and we can get on down the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnZT5RDvQU

Kevin McCarthy isn't the Speaker of the House, he's the Squeaker of the House. The likes of MAGA Marg and Matt Gaetz are running the House of Representatives. (Kevin long ago traded his testicles for the Speaker's plaque.)

"You can either be an American Patriot or a Trump Supporter, but you can't be both." Choose your side.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope.

I don’t think that there is enough proof to actually go through with getting him removed from office. Yes, it’s a fool’s errand to try and impeach him at this point- he should be fought at the ballot box, not through grandstanding like the Trump impeachments were.

The GOP should see how useless those impeachments were and acknowledge that they don’t have anywhere near enough to remove Biden at this point.

The Dems should see what a mess they created with their inadequate impeachment attempts.

But if there was enough to impeach Trump, there certainly is enough to investigate Biden.

OK, show us the evidence that establishes he engaged in bribery and extortion. coffee Judge G has struck out and and run away, so "Batter up"....swing away.

You prove my point. Your "evidence" is your baseless unsupported statement that "Biden has done enough" to support an investigation. Which comes about as a result of your willingness to buy the baselss unsupported bullshit that the republicans are selling right now about President Biden. All of which is designed to do nothing more than draw attention away from trump's pending criminal trials.

Gotta love the "It's the democrats' fault" argument too. Another absurd theory that is being floated on every conservative entertainment industry "news" outlet. After all, a POTUS shouldn't be held to account when he foments an insurrection, should he? So, they should be paid back for doing that. Roll Eyes Ridiculous.

You're a member of and support a group of serial liars.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope.

I don't know about fire but there's plenty of smoke (or maybe fog...).
As with Bush/Quayle, Biden has impeachment insurance...
Come to think of it, so did Donald Trump.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...afbf9d282b4b3a&ei=20

Why the Republicans’ impeachment of Biden may be stupid enough to work
Opinion by Jonah Goldberg, Tribune Content Agency • 13h

Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser reportedly once said, “The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid moves, which make us wonder at the possibility that there may be something to them we are missing.”

Let’s start with McCarthy. He unilaterally announced an impeachment inquiry — without putting it up for a vote — into what some call “the Biden crime family,” but no new committee will be created. Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, chair of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. James Comer, R-Kentucky, chair of the Oversight Committee, will keep doing exactly what they’ve been doing.

That’s not the point, Republicans say. This is necessary to get the expanded subpoena power that impeachments provide.

Or not. During Donald Trump’s first impeachment, McCarthy insisted that a similar unilateral move by then Speaker Nancy Pelosi was illegitimate. Of course, hypocrisy is no hurdle for McCarthy. The real problem is that Trump’s Justice Department penned a memo arguing that the White House didn’t have to comply with subpoenas from an improperly formed impeachment inquiry. Biden’s lawyers can invoke not just the memo, but also a 54-page ruling affirming it from a Trump-appointed judge.

The upshot: McCarthy’s impeachment-lite will likely make it easier for the White House to stonewall, legally. Though it might make it harder politically.

And that gets at one of the reasons McCarthy did this. It’s great politics for most Republicans. But while fundraising and friendly coverage from conservative media is assured, McCarthy’s primary motivations have to do with the fragility of his speakership, which is sustained by a mere four Republican votes.

McCarthy simply didn’t have the votes for a proper impeachment. But pro-Trump members demanded something. Some sincerely believe Biden was complicit in his son Hunter’s influence peddling schemes. Others want it because Trump wants it — as payback, or to take some of the stigma out of his impeachments, or for 2024 campaign messaging.

And McCarthy wants to avoid a government shutdown. He apparently hoped that pro-Trump forces — concentrated in the House Freedom Caucus — would agree to keep the government’s lights on, if only to conduct their impeachment-ish hearings. So far, they’re not buying it. Impeachment and budget fights are on different tracks. “We can do both” in the words of Rep. Bob Good, R-Virginia.

But Democrats and much of the media are missing a few things, too. It’s no surprise that the White House would insist that there’s nothing connecting Hunter Biden’s obvious efforts at influence peddling and his then vice-president father. But it is remarkable how many in the press repeat the “no evidence” claim.

Impeachment fights invariably invite the misuse of legal concepts, none more so than “evidence.” Trump’s defenders would dismiss any fact as “circumstantial evidence.” But as virtually any criminal lawyer will tell you, most convictions at trial are won with circumstantial evidence — i.e., facts that push toward an inference of guilt. Most cases with lots of direct evidence — never mind cases with outright proof — don’t usually go to trial because defense attorneys know that’s their cue to cop a plea.

So, when people say there’s no evidence that Biden was a knowing participant in his son’s shady dealings, what they mean is that there’s no ironclad proof. And there isn’t, at least not yet.

But there is plenty of evidence: testimony from Hunter Biden’s partners, accounts from various whistleblowers, and bank records showing some unusual efforts to park funds in opaque LLCs. Biden’s own falsehoods about having no knowledge of his son’s overseas business dealings — despite giving him rides to foreign meetings on Air Force Two as vice president — are evidence he lied, but not proof he was involved.

The risk for Republicans is that this may be all the evidence they’ve got. Impeachment hearings are supposed to begin with solid evidence that leads to proof of misconduct. But McCarthy & Co. have other priorities.

The big risk for Democrats is that a majority of Americans (61%) already think Biden had some involvement in Hunter Biden’s business dealings. Simply insisting there’s no evidence won’t help Biden. That’s why this impeachment-lite effort may just be stupid enough to work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...id=socialshare&t=404

‘Angry and performative insanity’: Feud escalates between Speaker McCarthy and Matt Gaetz

Tom Nichols, staff writer for The Atlantic, and Fmr. Rep. Joe Walsh join Ali Velshi to discuss the true motives behind the Republican-led impeachment inquiry into President Biden and the crisis of leadership in the GOP as Speaker McCarthy remains beholden to the most extreme members of his caucus. “It’s utterly fantastical that we’re even talking about Matt Gaetz controlling what’s going on in the House of Representatives,” Nichols says. They also discuss the silent resentment that many Republicans have for Trump and what Mitt Romney’s decision not to seek re-election signals about the fate of the Republican Party.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...afbf9d282b4b3a&ei=20

McCarthy being eaten by the 'right-wing monster' he unleashed to 'serve his ambitions': columnist
Story by Adam Nichols •
22h

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19757 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote