THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Donald Trump to Be Nominated for Next Speaker of the House

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump to Be Nominated for Next Speaker of the House Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...46e85986e65901&ei=48

Shortly after McCarthy was removed from the position, Representative Troy Nehls of Texas—who sided with the majority of Republicans in voting against McCarthy's removal—announced that he intends to nominate Trump to the role as soon as possible.

"When the U.S. House of Representatives reconvenes, my first order of business will be to nominate Donald J. Trump for Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives," Nehls said in a statement.

"President Trump, the greatest President of my lifetime, has a proven record of putting America First and will make the House great again," he added.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19765 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4bb550a&ei=9#image=1

Republicans Already Barred Trump From Being Speaker of the House
Story by Katherine Fung •
57m

But even if Trump had full Republican support in the House, Rule 26 of the GOP Conference states, "A member of the Republican Leadership shall step aside if indicted for a felony for which a sentence of two or more years imprisonment may be imposed."

Newsweek reached out to House GOP Chairwoman Elise Stefanik via email for comment.

Trump has been indicted four times in the past six months. He is facing charges in two federal cases—one related to the classified documents held at his Mar-a-Lago estate and the other in connection to his election interference efforts, culminating in the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.
He has also been indicted in Manhattan in connection with a hush money payment to an adult film star and in Georgia in a case involving efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results there. In total, he's been charged with 91 felony counts, many of which carry sentences greater than two years of imprisonment.

"Some House Republicans have been in contact with and have started an effort to draft former President Trump to be the next speaker," Fox News anchor Sean Hannity said on his show Tuesday night. "I have been told that President Trump might be open to helping the Republican Party, at least in the short term, if necessary, if needed."

But Democratic Representative Sean Casten said those efforts would go against the Republican Party's own conference rules.

Responding to a clip of Hannity's segment, Casten said, "I would direct your attention to Rule 26(a) of the House Republican Conference rules for the 118th Congress."

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19765 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
That would be great. We could all turn on CSPAN and fall about the place laughing at the incompetent oaf.

I can understand that a an American you might not want the US government to become a laughing stock again tho.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Again? We already are.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Meh, 2016 - 2020 were vintage years, like a slow motion crash - a clown car hitting a tree. Biden is dull by comparison.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
Meh, 2016 - 2020 were vintage years, like a slow motion crash - a clown car hitting a tree. Biden is dull by comparison.

Competence tends to be boring except in hookers and strippers. Even demolition guys have to throw in a little flamboyance to remain worth watching...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Well he certainly is less incompetent than Trump, but that is a very very low bar.

He could be handling the US Mexico boarder better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well he certainly is less incompetent than Trump, but that is a very very low bar.

He's tried to get border funding several times, Republicans in the House won't pass it.

Link

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, Biden is much more incompetent than Trump.

Trump is competent at doing what he does… it’s just that what he wants is against the laws and goals of the country.

It’s the system putting these choices before us that deserves the appellation “incompetent“ thought.

quote:

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just LOVE Republicans whining today that "Democrats could have kept us from shooting ourselves in the dick with just a few votes."

Dudes, when you are all dick accidents are bound to happen...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I had been a Dem in the House, I would have voted not to vacate the Speakership. However, the GOP caused this because McCarty worked to prevent a shutdown in a non-partisan way. The way the House is suppose to work.

McCarty has engaged in breaking his deal w the President. McCarty caved to the whack jobs over impeachment.

McCarty and the GOP have fostered this insanity and stupid people in the Party to have the stroke to vacate the Speakership w one motions.

The GOO and McCarty made this bed. They have to sleep in it.

The GOP cannot be trusted w political power.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping Gym Jordan emerges as the frontrunner, as it's looking like he might.

George Clooney's expose on the molested wrestlers at Ohio State when Jordan was the Assistant Coach and knew the team doctor was a pervert and did nothing about it but cover it up is coming out.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Actually, Biden is much more incompetent than Trump.

Trump is competent at doing what he does… it’s just that what he wants is against the laws and goals of the country.

It’s the system putting these choices before us that deserves the appellation “incompetent“ thought.

quote:

I'd disagree. No one is more incompetent than Trump at managing US international relations/diplomacy. The man was a car crash, and effectively had the rest of the world laughing at you behind their hands.

He wasn't too hot at conveying anything vaguely resembling truthful or factual information either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing he'll be serving is "TIME" and be BROKE !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
If I had been a Dem in the House, I would have voted not to vacate the Speakership. However, the GOP caused this because McCarty worked to prevent a shutdown in a non-partisan way. The way the House is suppose to work.

McCarty has engaged in breaking his deal w the President. McCarty caved to the whack jobs over impeachment.

McCarty and the GOP have fostered this insanity and stupid people in the Party to have the stroke to vacate the Speakership w one motions.

You say you would have voted against the Motion to Vacate then list all the valid reasons no Democrat voted against the Motion to Vacate?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
House Speaker Donald Trump? Democrats should make MAGA dreams come true.
Opinion by Rex Huppke, USA TODAY

15h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...eac8d34f01f71d&ei=17

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

You say you would have voted against the Motion to Vacate then list all the valid reasons no Democrat voted against the Motion to Vacate?

I would rather have McCarty than Jim Jordan. I would rather have McCarthy than the chaos vacating brings. I understand why Dems did not save NcCarty.

I believe the reason to save McCarty outweigh the reasons to let him and the GOP drown.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That would be great. We could all turn on CSPAN and fall about the place laughing at the incompetent oaf.

I can understand that as an American you might not want the US government to become a laughing stock again tho.

Oaf doesn't know jack shit about the Speaker's job, someone would have to stage-manage the mess.
I don't know who would want to sweep up after the elephant though...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote