Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This guy is a hero and we put him on trial... Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
What a mess of a country we now have thanks to libtards and Biden's incoherent border not-a-policy

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ari...ear-borderlands-home

He deserves a medal and our deepest thanks for eliminating one more potential murderer in our midst.

Posts: 10160 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you think Kelly had the right to be judge & executioner on people who posed no obvious threat to him. Got it. I don't care where they are from, either.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
What a mess of a country we now have thanks to libtards and Biden's incoherent border not-a-policy

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ari...ear-borderlands-home

He deserves a medal and our deepest thanks for eliminating one more potential murderer in our midst.

Right. He should get a medal for shooting an unarmed man who posed zero threat to him. You are an idiot.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15093 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It’s amazing isn’t it Ross that Mike knows exactly what happened and can sense all the way from Texas that the illegal posed no threat.

These idiots like Mike live in their upscale neighborhoods where nothing ever changes from day to day, listen to their liberal propaganda sources, and then want to send a man to prison for defending his wife and property.

For us that live rurally we see the changes. Those of us that own property along the border, we have lived the terror.

Yet Mike knows and Joshua will be along to agree with him.

100% Ross…America is a mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
we have lived the terror.

Would you say you live in terror right now?

Posts: 6121 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
It’s amazing isn’t it Ross that Mike knows exactly what happened and can sense all the way from Texas that the illegal posed no threat.

These idiots like Mike live in their upscale neighborhoods where nothing ever changes from day to day, listen to their liberal propaganda sources, and then want to send a man to prison for defending his wife and property.

For us that live rurally we see the changes. Those of us that own property along the border, we have lived the terror.

I just read the news. These guys weren't wearing camo as the guys wife testified. One of them had a camo back pack. They didn't have rifles or any weapons as the wife testified. No weapons were found at the scene. The guy saw some people crossing his property and opened up on them with an AK.

Lane, I'm assuming all this relates to your stories about girls being run off the road by Cartel members down at the ranch you own in south Texas. You know...those stories you tell that have no factual basis.

If there's any evidence this guy was "defending his wife and property", I invite you to share it with us.

As for me and my "upscale neighborhood"....I'm not the one who owns a hunting ranch down south. So, stick that up your rear.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15093 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One obvious thing would be to take her back out there and take his gun and fire it 5 times into the air and 5 times in the direction the body was found. There should be a distinct difference in sound between the 2 situations. If she could swear that the into the air sound was what she heard that day then that should help to settle it. The few times that I've fired straight up the muzzle blast was hardly audible. So who would have killed him if the rancher didn't?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1197 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

America is fine no thanks to you and President Trump. America is fine because the independence of the judicial system still stands.

The jury will decide the facts of this case. I do not know what happened and neither does you or Dogcat. The jury shall tell us. Obviously, there is probable cause to believe you are wrong in the facts. Otherwise, this case would not be indicted and tried.

If no evidence is present to support the elements of a non-justifiable homicide (not just murder) after the case in chief, the judge is mandated to grant a directed verdict.
I will await the verdict.

You did not grow up or live today any more rural than I.

Who would have thought that shooting people for trespassing outside the home could get you charged and tried? Everyone with a basic brain or morality.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter who would have killed him if the rancher didn't. The thing is nobody saw the rancher kill anyone. In fact, he may not have even fired a shot. Seems like he has a good chance for an acquittal. Sounds like he needs better fences, a better rifle, and an excavator. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3531 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
Doesn't matter who would have killed him if the rancher didn't. The thing is nobody saw the rancher kill anyone. In fact, he may not have even fired a shot. Seems like he has a good chance for an acquittal. Sounds like he needs better fences, a better rifle, and an excavator. Regards, Bill

How about that, an advocate for murder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most murders are not seen.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are implying another person, another migrant killed this individual. Maybe?

The jury will tell us the facts. The Appellate Courts will tell us if the judge had any errors in applying the law. The second part assumes a conviction. It is a statement how the system works. It is mot a prediction of a conviction.

I know the following: 1) beyond a reasonable doubt does not require to prove beyond all doubt, 2) a juror who expresses all doubt must be disproven is to be struck for cause, 3( circumstantial evidence is sufficient to convict, 4) the jury may make all responsible inferences from testimony, direct evidence, and circumstantial evidence.

The above (In addition, with my prior observations of how the judicial system works which I will repeat below) is all anyone can say. I will add the defendant is presumed innocent. This presumption means he states out innocent.
The state’s burden is to strip him of that presumption.

Again, The jury will decide the facts of this case. I do not know what happened and neither does you or Dogcat. The jury shall tell us. Obviously, there is probable cause to believe you are wrong in the facts. Otherwise, this case would not be indicted and tried.

If no evidence is present to support the elements of a non-justifiable homicide (not just murder) after the case in chief, the judge is mandated to grant a directed verdict.

Who would have thought that you go outside, shoot off your gun, and an unarmed man (assumption) winds up dead that you would get indicted and tried? That is an easy one.

Is the defense theory of the case that the defendant did not fire his gun, and a third party did the shooting that resulted in the killing?

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
America is fine no thanks to you and President Trump. America is fine because the independence of the judicial system still stands.

I think the majority of Americans are rightfully convinced that the judicial system is now just another political tool.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have posted those stats before. They do not.

Dogcat and Dr. Easter are going to have to do more than simply declare this trial aa delegitimate when they say, “Give this man a medal and do not try him.” It is not even a debate at this point.

Oh, and President Trump can’t get any indictments dismissed, and keeps losing across state and federal courts. Yeah, it is the courts fault and not the conduct of President Trump. That is sarcasm.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
quote:

I think the majority of Americans are rightfully convinced that the judicial system is now just another political tool.

I am not convinced.
I know several judges and like any person they come with their own individual biases and preferences. The judges I know rally around the uniformity of the law, the Constitution and the process.

I believe in the judiciary, I believe in the process. Yes I believe it's in most Americans best interest to steer far clear of the Judiciary, but it seems to me that in the long term we remain even keeled because of the Court.

They should acquit and let the old man go. It is a failure of state and nation and not the individual that his property is so hazardous. The Illegal was trespassing on the ranchers land. That's not the ranchers fault.

Posts: 9115 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

The jury will decide the facts of this case. I do not know what happened and neither does you or Dogcat. The jury shall tell us. Obviously, there is probable cause to believe you are wrong in the facts. Otherwise, this case would not be indicted and tried.

Who would have thought that shooting people for trespassing outside the home could get you charged and tried? Everyone with a basic brain or morality.

Right on cue! Roll Eyes

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They should acquit and let the old man go. It is a failure of state and nation and not the individual that his property is so hazardous. The Illegal was trespassing on the ranchers land. That's not the ranchers fault.

Trespassing does not merit murdering.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Right on cue! Roll Eyes

Everything I said is legal truth. You cannot refute it or you would. I am starting to think you are as stupid as you act when it comes to civics.

You will also note I did not agree w MM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:

True, but given the circumstances it was either the rancher or the tooth fairy. As I said earlier if his wife clearly heard the shots it's quite likely he shot horizontally rather than up into the sky.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
quote:

If talking about the Supreme Court, I heartily agree.

Committing perjury to get confirmed should be disqualifying.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy is not a hero.

At best he’s a person who was forced into self defense. That’s not heroic.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

Heartily agree!

However it seems to me there's a backstory leading up to this event that the rancher is not guilty of. Just in my lifetime the border has changed from a lark for teenage mischief and casual tourism into a war zone. No I don't think that's an exaggeration, there was that recent story we saw here about a Texas gun shop and belt fed machine guns meant for a Cartel.

By no doing of his own, the rancher is now a front row victim and I consider that a failure on the part of his local, state and federal government. "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" doesn't include a reenactment of the Last Stand at the Alamo.

They otta let the old guy go and point the finger at Biden for the death.

Posts: 9115 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So had he done nothing but watched them walk into the sunset he'd better off today.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Finally some you, I, and the family of Ashli Babbitt can agree on

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38485 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

Another peaceful patriot attending a sit in.

Well, maybe more of a dirt nap to be honest archer

What is that saying? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Posts: 228 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
quote:
quote:

Another peaceful patriot attending a sit in.

Well, maybe more of a dirt nap to be honest archer

What is that saying? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

So, so far in the vote count,
Steve-O supports KILLING trespassers -- got -- clear, forever

Kelly must be Stevie's hero

Note: Steve hit's stink bait like a farm raised catfish
fishing

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38485 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If ever there was a best example of ,"suicide by cop" she was it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

fishing

Only those trespassers trying to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power, engaged in sedation or assault.

The average trespasser deserves a trial.

I thought you were totally against putting words in someone's mouth? A new day and a new mandate I guess.

Big Grin

Posts: 228 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:

If ever there was a best example of ,"suicide by cop" she was it.

Hard to argue with that logic, unless you are trying to minimize the severity of J the 6th.

Just my opinion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

fishing

Only those trespassers trying to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power, engaged in sedation or assault.

I thought you were totally against putting words in someone's mouth? A new day and a new mandate I guess.

Big Grin

She was certainly sedated that's for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

She was not just trespassing & you damn well know it. She was engaged in a violent attempt at taking the capital, B & E at a bare minimum, insurrection to be sure.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:
quote:

fishing

Big Grin

She was certainly sedated that's for sure.
There should have been a whole lot more shooting.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcwashington.com/...pitol/2535527/?amp=1

I gather that this is a video of the scene and place just before Babbit was killed.
I can't for the life of me think of any reason for law enforcement to not shoot every single person not an on duty police officer in this video.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Totality of the Circumstances whether the officer acted responsibly in the use of lethal force.

She was part of mob that broke through a police line that was actively assaulting the Congress. The same group that was chanting hang Mike Pence.

If she would have stayed outside and protested peacefully, she would be alive.

You do not have to be correct in lethal defense of self. You have to have a subjective and objective belief that you are confronted w serious physical injury or death. Trespassing outside in private property alone does not get it done; not even Texas.

The jury will tell us the facts applied to the law that the trial judge gives. The appellate courts will tell us if the trial judge permitted any errors of law that were not harmless. That assumes a conviction.

Thst is all that can be said today about this case. However, the Texas contingent just knows it was a good, justifiable kill because why not shoot trespassing immigrants. Sadly, the act of trespass alone outside on private property is not going to satisfy self-defense. We will see what faces the jurors accept or refute. They are the finder of fact.

This trespass thing is why I have been very critical of some firearm companies/accessory marketing. Best example comming to mind is the condition Crimson commercials when an older gentleman in his garage facing a street pulls his crimson trace laser sighted climber on a group of young mean approach Ming (unarmed and making no threats) from the street.

Firearms are not to deescalate a situation. Firearm ownership for self defense is to be employed upon bring faced with reasonable, objective, threat of serious physical injury or death. Hence, we have someone trespassing (assumed unarmed) outside of the domicile. We assume this trespasser was unarmed. The homeowner grabs his gun, goes outside to confront trespasser(s), shooting starts, unarmed trespasser gets killed.

I can fill in the blank w faces that make that justified (legal term), murder, or manslaughter. The jury will fill in those gaps and render a verdict with those facts.

Again, at the prosecution’s resting its case in chief, the Judge will decide if facts have been presented to elements of the charged offense(s) that a reasonable juror could find guilt.

Again, beyond a reasonable doubt does not mean all doubt must be overcome. Circumstantial evidence and all read inferences there from are sufficient to base a verdict.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:

Heartily agree!

However it seems to me there's a backstory leading up to this event that the rancher is not guilty of. Just in my lifetime the border has changed from a lark for teenage mischief and casual tourism into a war zone. No I don't think that's an exaggeration, there was that recent story we saw here about a Texas gun shop and belt fed machine guns meant for a Cartel.

By no doing of his own, the rancher is now a front row victim and I consider that a failure on the part of his local, state and federal government. "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" doesn't include a reenactment of the Last Stand at the Alamo.

They otta let the old guy go and point the finger at Biden for the death.

BOOM

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Judge declares mistrial.

Posts: 2936 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what Tre count was? Do they let you poll the jury in Arizona?

I ask because if the count was 11-1 with one hold out, it is getting retried. If 4 or more held out there will be no new trial. This assumes, you get to know the count in AZ. You do in KY.

Like I always say. He is presumed innocent and the state failed to overcome, rebut the presumption. It is a close case as the hung just shows.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder what Tre count was? Do they let you poll the jury in Arizona?

I ask because if the count was 11-1 with one hold out, it is getting retried. If 4 or more held out there will be no new trial. This assumes, you get to know the count in AZ. You do in KY.

Like I always say. He is presumed innocent and the state failed to overcome, rebut the presumption. It is a close case as the hung just shows.

I read somewhere it was only one vote to convict.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that is accurate, there will not be a retrial.

I read summary of Defense argument attacking the credibility of the police as attributing falsely statements of the man killing people.

Never a good sign when your cops are backed into a corner having fabricated matters. See OJ.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that is accurate, there will not be a retrial.

I read summary of Defense argument attacking the credibility of the police as attributing falsely statements of the man killing people.

Never a good sign when your cops are backed into a corner having fabricated matters. See OJ.

Are you saying some good ole boy cops from nowhere texas stretched the truth a bit? I grew up on a ranch in no where texas and i have to tell you the cops there would help you bury the body. By the way, all my statements aside, these guys get a raw deal in ranch country. Maybe a mistake was made or maybe not but this is a symptom of the bigger border crisis. I have a soft spot because this guy could have been my Dad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a soft spot because this guy could have been my Dad.

Your Dad goes outside & shoots people minor trespassing?