Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senator Dianne Feinstein Dead Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
A shame her service ended the way it did.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

Agree.

Just because we all have a different view of politics, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t agree that there should be some sort of forced departure from American politics at some point. Be it age, competency or whatever.

Watching Americas political heavyweights decline is sad. McConnell needs to go as well.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3400 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Agree.

Just because we all have a different view of politics, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t agree that there should be some sort of forced departure from American politics at some point. Be it age, competency or whatever.

Watching Americas political heavyweights decline is sad. McConnell needs to go as well.

She was more liberal than I, considerably so in many cases, but she had served her constituents long and well and could have had at least a couple of years of retirement if not for McConnell's political games.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She and Pelosi did more to damage our country than Hillary and Bill. I am no fan of them and wish their "service" to our country had never happened.

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know people who really liked cashing those stimulus checks, and also have some sort of "Obamacare", yet they hate the people who got it done. Getting insurance to millions of uninsured is not my idea of doing great damage.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
I know people who really liked cashing those stimulus checks, and also have some sort of "Obamacare", yet they hate the people who got it done. Getting insurance to millions of uninsured is not my idea of doing great damage.

See, that's why you'll never be a good Republican, you don't insist on your absolute right to grab with both hands to the exclusion of everybody else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
She and Pelosi did more to damage our country than Hillary and Bill. I am no fan of them and wish their "service" to our country had never happened.

And, I'll wager you voted for trump last go round and will again in 2024. Because bogus challenges to the result of a general election are a "service" to our country. cuckoo

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agree.

She was more liberal than I, considerably so in many cases, but she had served her constituents long and well and could have had at least a couple of years of retirement if not for McConnell's political games.

Oh come on. The senator could have retired any time she wanted, McConnell, Trump, her husband or Santa Claus had nothing to do with it . They stay because they like the status and authority. As for term limits, California elected what California wanted. Smiler We shouldn't have to need term limits. Shouldn't a liberated citizenry be able to choose ?

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agree.

Oh come on. The senator could have retired any time she wanted, McConnell, Trump, her husband or Santa Claus had nothing to do with it . They stay because they like the status and authority. As for term limits, California elected what California wanted. Smiler We shouldn't have to need term limits. Shouldn't a liberated citizenry be able to choose ?

That's absolute bullshit, McConnell and his compatriots explicitly said that if she retired they would block any replacement on the Judiciary Committee.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I absolutely disagreed with most of DiFi's politics, but she served that majority of Californians who kept electing her with reasonable integrity. Of course, I think most California voters are mentally unbalanced, but I'm not a hater. And if we are worried about senators with health issues, we can't overlook Mitch
... uhhhhh
... uhhhh
... uuhhh
McConnell can we?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I absolutely disagreed with most of DiFi's politics, but she served that majority of Californians who kept electing her with reasonable integrity. Of course, I think most California voters are mentally unbalanced, but I'm not a hater. And if we are worried about senators with health issues, we can't overlook Mitch
... uhhhhh
... uhhhh
... uuhhh
McConnell can we?

I'd like to try an experiment in the House; cancel elections in 2024,26 and 28 and instead seat Representatives the way we do juries, or have the most senior Grand Jury in each Congressional District select one member to serve a two-year term, no re-election allowed.

You know, citizen legislators.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agree.

That's absolute bullshit, McConnell and his compatriots explicitly said that if she retired they would block any replacement on the Judiciary Committee.

She was 90.
The lady could have retired two, four, six, twelve years ago and been proud of her service.

McConnel had nothing to do with it.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hopefully she passed peacefully and without pain -
I disagreed with a good bit of her politics, but she followed her truth - can't be said about some

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I despise this useless forum and never post here.

But I have almost learned never to say never so in this case will violate my rule.

May the late Senator Feinstein rest in the peace she never saw fit to give to law-abiding American gun-owners.

And for her sake, may Saint Peter give more weight to good intentions than he is reputed to do.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
She was 90.
The lady could have retired two, four, six, twelve years ago and been proud of her service.

Grassley is 90. I haven't seen any of you call him out to leave.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:
She was 90.

Grassley is 90. I haven't seen any of you call him out to leave.

Why would I or we?

The voters can choose for themselves. An intelligent citizen shouldn't need to be regulated by term limits. If Grassleys constituents lime him they should keep him in office well beyond his expiration.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
They all stay there because they are addicted to power and nothing else
They start with stairway to heaven and in the end going straight to hell

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote