Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love what this Florida Sheriff had to say! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This is about the three girls that where murdered.

https://youtu.be/b0JZbY5hy08

But I love his thoughts on our society.

Our leftards will need a safe space after listening to this.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, a couple of legal points that will make you look for a safe space because you will not like it.

The 12 year old can be detained but cannot be charged with a crime in Florida.

The 17 year old can be transferred to Florida “adult court.” Where the 17 can be charged w a homicide crime, but cannot receive as a sentence of death nor a “mandatory” life without parole sentence because of the precedent of Supreme Court precedents Roper v. Simmons and Jones v. Mississippi.

Jones v Mississippi clarified a series of cases from the 2010s that appeared to ban life wo parole for homicide convictions for juvenile defendants when crime was committed

Jones v Mississippi still bans “mandatory” life without parole, but allows state’s to grant judges and jury discretion in sentencing allowing life without parole.

In short, the 12 year old will not be treated as s crime. The 17 year old will be tried as an adult where if guilty and otherwise qualifying might receive life without parole.

Florida raised the age of what minors can be transferred to adult court with this statute;
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/sta...ctions/0985.556.html
This statute is what will prevent the 12 year old from being charged with a crime with adult penalties off the table.

Here is a good chart/ cheat sheet of the transfer law expythe statute.

https://ojjdp.ojp.gov/sites/g/...adult/states/fl.html

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
This is about the three girls that where murdered.

https://youtu.be/b0JZbY5hy08

But I love his thoughts on our society.

Our leftards will need a safe space after listening to this.....

If I understand correctly Baron von Heym earns himself another fail.

What in the world does it matter how the murderers are punished today? The deed is done, it can't be taken back, after the victims drew their last breath there is no compensation.

Remediation? Is that correct? If this unfathomable evil can't be reversed, how do we work to prevent this going forward? The sheriff's right, this is on us. " The fact is society fails them, we do not hold our juveniles responsible."
We've done this and now we suffer the consequences.

I see it here. School is used as a baby sitting service. Some parents drop off their offspring for 8 hours of kid free bliss. The school can feed the kid, bathe the kid, tech the basics like dental hygiene and manners.

I think Lord Humongous is into his brother in law's meds. He's way off, way way off still.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It matters what can be done by law to these two minors and why.

That is the conversation that matters here. What can the state do to seek justice to these two minor two and why. I have generally answered that with citation for you all.

Obviously, you want to join team, I do not read.

You know my post gives knowledge of the law in this fact pattern.

You Mr post is a ware of the time it took you to type it.

Since, I am legally correct about what can happen to this two minors, “To these aging eyes that is called winning boy!”

Name the film.

The YouTube video is about the 12 year old and 17 year old who did the killing.

The sheriff can make any social observations he wants, but the two accused of causing those deaths are subject to the above limitations of the law.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
It matters what can be done by law to these two minors and why.

That is the conversation that matters here. What can the state do to seek justice to these two minor two and why. I have generally answered that with citation for you all.

Obviously, you want to join team, I do not read.

You know my post gives knowledge of the law in this fact pattern.

You Mr post is a ware of the time it took you to type it.

Since, I am legally correct about what can happen to this two minors, “To these aging eyes that is called winning boy!”

Name the film.

The YouTube video is about the 12 year old and 17 year old who did the killing.

The sheriff can make any social observations he wants, but the two accused of causing those deaths are subject to the above limitations of the law.

Step one; admit you have a problem.

Step two; admit to your wife and ask her to secure your bro in laws meds.

Step three; having achieved some kind of sobriety, see the obvious in that the current system you find yourself up to your nostrils in is not working and pursue wildly divergent strategies.

Plainly said you immature dumb dick it doesn't matter how these juvenile murderers are punished, it will do no good. You and your system are failing.

The solution for success is in the suggestion that Saeed provided, education. Teach the murderers to stop murdering. You and your ilk are too little, to late.

The Corrections system larger than the education system. What idiocy.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Scott...you are truly off your rocker. The way you are attacking LHeym 500 is absurd. Why? Because he points of the actual legal facts regarding these stories? Because he fights for justice for victims? Because you do not like his chosen profession? The man should be admired not ridiculed. The way he has stepped up to help care for his BIL is remarkable. What were you doing with your life at 34 years old? Is it the Easter holiday tomorrow that is bringing out all of this Christ like behavior in you?

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, a couple of legal points that will make you look for a safe space because you will not like it.

The 17 year old can be transferred to Florida “adult court.” Where the 17 can be charged w a homicide crime, but cannot receive as a sentence of death nor a “mandatory” life without parole sentence because of the precedent of Supreme Court precedents Roper v. Simmons and Jones v. Mississippi.

Jones v Mississippi clarified a series of cases from the 2010s that appeared to ban life wo parole for homicide convictions for juvenile defendants when crime was committed

Jones v Mississippi still bans “mandatory” life without parole, but allows state’s to grant judges and jury discretion in sentencing allowing life without parole.

In short, the 12 year old will not be treated as s crime. The 17 year old will be tried as an adult where if guilty and otherwise qualifying might receive life without parole.

Florida raised the age of what minors can be transferred to adult court with this statute;
This statute is what will prevent the 12 year old from being charged with a crime with adult penalties off the table.

Yes.

If it wasn’t for your legal points the whole world would safer!

Bloody lawyers!

The vermin of humanity! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Yes.

If it wasn’t for your legal points the whole world would safer!

Bloody lawyers!

The vermin of humanity! clap

Lawyers make laws to benefit lawyers. Can't put these heinous criminals away......they want the repeat business.....

These animals need to be put down!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Exactly why America has become the shithole of the world!

Too many lawyer, who become judges!

Imagine someone inventing a selective birth control.

No politicians

No lawyers.

No judges.

No bankers.

No influencers.

No activist.

jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neither one of you seem to understand how our Government works. Laws are not made by Lawyers or judges but rather by legislators. You know, Congress on a Federal level, State legislatures, County boards, etc.

At least Saeed did not go to Primary school here and is a resident of another country. As for the Texan, he should have learned that by about the 6th grade. Ah yes, tell us again about the wisdom you have acquired with age. It sure as hell looks a lot more like ignorance.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
Wow Scott...you are truly off your rocker. The way you are attacking LHeym 500 is absurd. Why? Because he points of the actual legal facts regarding these stories? Because he fights for justice for victims? Because you do not like his chosen profession? The man should be admired not ridiculed. The way he has stepped up to help care for his BIL is remarkable. What were you doing with your life at 34 years old? Is it the Easter holiday tomorrow that is bringing out all of this Christ like behavior in you?

Off my rocker may well be true and you may be a better judge of that than I.

Correct, I think he is a problem, not a solution, take a casual google of DA headlines.

In addition to being part of the problem I also think he is wrong quite a bit and his arrogance coupled with his youthful ignorance compounds it.

And if "attacking" is calling a petulant child a petulant child, and great offense is being taken, I casually wonder if the Internet is maybe to big a challenge for a couple of you.

Terribly sorry you mentioned it before me, Happy Easter! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LHeym cited a bunch of court decisions that limited legislatively passed law that could be enforced against juveniles at certain age limits.

So how is that legislatively passed law given that at one point 12 year olds were held to that level of responsibility in this land? (admittedly back to antebellum times)?

I am not arguing that he is wrong in our current law or interpretation... just in your point that laws not being made by judges (or with some precedent, presidents)

As to learning, do you honestly think that a kid who finds murdering another human being at 12 is capable of learning to be a moral member of society?

Everyone talks about how the child soldiers of Africa are horribly incapable of becoming normal afterwards... and they lacked the sociopathy that a child murderer had at the start...

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

Correct, I think he is a problem, not a solution, take a casual google of DA headlines.

In addition to being part of the problem I also think he is wrong quite a bit and his arrogance coupled with his youthful ignorance compounds it.

And if "attacking" is calling a petulant child a petulant child, and great offense is being taken, I casually wonder if the Internet is maybe to big a challenge for a couple of you.

Help me understand just a little bit better, what is it that YOU are doing to improve the situation?

I think we all know the answer...standing on the sidelines and bitching.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neither one of you seem to understand how our Government works. Laws are not made by Lawyers or judges but rather by legislators. You know, Congress on a Federal level, State legislatures, County boards, etc.

At least Saeed did not go to Primary school here and is a resident of another country. As for the Texan, he should have learned that by about the 6th grade. Ah yes, tell us again about the wisdom you have acquired with age. It sure as hell looks a lot more like ignorance.

How many of our congressman and senators just happen to be friggen lawyers????

The Texan knows that the most of the creatures that write our laws are in fact lawyers......that is wisdom that normally comes with age.....

How many judges are a lawyers that effectively make law through precedent????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Currently 170 congressman and senators happen,to be lawyers.....telling isn't it....

170 out of 435..... I would say that ratio represents the make up of our nation Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Currently 170 congressman and senators happen,to be lawyers.....telling isn't it....

170 out of 435..... I would say that ratio represents the make up of our nation Roll Eyes

Have you ever noticed that successful people tend to win elections? Just a crazy coincidence. I think voters should elect more hourly Wal-mart workers in order to best represent the population.

You are a moron.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Help me understand just a little bit better, what is it that YOU are doing to improve the situation?

I think we all know the answer...standing on the sidelines and bitching.

I think I've mentioned before, I'm in the school five days a week. This year I've been absent from school two days.

I volunteer quite a bit of time, I support teachers and admin financially and otherwise. Id emphasize I have no authority or responsibilities in school other than as a parent. I do have frequent conversations with board members, admin and staff and I try to reasonably but firmly express the problems I perceive and the solutions.

Simply put, I'm in school to try to prevent horrors like the op here mentioned. Anything else I can help with? Oh! Hey! Just like you, I pay my taxes! Whew, what a weight.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well who knew the answer to all the world's problems is cupcakes for Kindergarteners? I would suggest that you deserve a cookie but it appears you have the cupcakes already baked. Why I certainly see how LHeym500 being a DA is the problem with our country now, all it takes is healthy portion of SpaceCake and anyone can follow your logic.

Didn't you relate a story not long ago about how a friend pointed out to you that you were blaming the whole world for your perceived problems? You have not changed much. tu2

Keep on keepin' on!

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well who knew the answer to all the world's problems is cupcakes for Kindergarteners? I would suggest that you deserve a cookie but it appears you have the cupcakes already baked. Why I certainly see how LHeym500 being a DA is the problem with our country now, all it takes is healthy portion of SpaceCake and anyone can follow your logic.

Didn't you relate a story not long ago about how a friend pointed out to you that you were blaming the whole world for your perceived problems? You have not changed much. tu2

Keep on keepin' on!

I did relate that story and I think you know I was exaggerating a hair for the laugh, but anyway,......I think even to the most dim bulb it should seem I am taking responsibility for my problems, if I need to get out the crayons so I can spell it out for you in a simple enough manner for you to understand, let me know, I have boxes and boxes around. Big Grin tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A dozen years younger than Heym, I held the life and death of myself and my men in the orders I gave and received. Neither I, nor the men, bitched, whimpered or complained about those orders. Where he is at, at 34 does not impress me.
At one point, I would have stood up for the old Heym to anyone. The petulant, self centered new Heym, deserves any pushback he gets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Keep on keepin' on!

What a dickhead!

He's involved in hos child's life.....he's involved with his child's school and his child's teacher. He interacts with the school board.

That's a whole helluva lot more than 99% of American parents do.

And you belittle that?

Leftists are disgusting. No wonder you and junior stick together, you're both idiots.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The law of these homicides are the law of the homicide.

What you and the sheriff are talking about will have nothing to do with how the criminal justice system handled these two juveniles who committed these homicides.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
A dozen years younger than Heym, I held the life and death of myself and my men in the orders I gave and received. Neither I, nor the men, bitched, whimpered or complained about those orders. Where he is at, at 34 does not impress me.
At one point, I would have stood up for the old Heym to anyone. The petulant, self centered new Heym, deserves any pushback he gets.

I sm humbled by your experience TomP I would not call you a bit, kid, kiddo, or Son at 22.

Not would you let anyone else call you those things at 22. I will not let these men condescend to me with that language.

They want to call me boy, kid, etc. no sir, I have done too much,

I sm not naive or too young.

I know what the law is. I know when they are misrepresenting it or ignoring what the law that controls the issue is. On this case it is a 12 year old and 17 year committing multiple homicide.

The 12 year old will not be charged with a “crime” as the 12 year old will stay in Juvenile Court where “crimes” are not charged.

JTex starts a thread about 12 year old and 17 year old committing homicide. He and King can’t understand why I would discuss the law in Florida that governs how they will be charged, adjudicated, and “punished.”

BREAKING NEWS: Florida Sheriff Announces Arrest Of 12-Year-Old And 17-Year-Old For Triple Murder.

The above is his post. Yet, he and King want
to complain and insult me when I provide the law that governs that fact pattern.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wasnt talking about this case, but your new attitude in general.
I had no problem with being called kid, boy or anything else by my elders. There may be things I take offense to, but that was never one of them. Neither was whitey, hillbilly or anything else in the name dept.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had no problem with being called kid, boy or anything else by my elders. There may be things I take offense to, but that was never one of them. Neither was whitey, hillbilly or anything else in the name dept.

I am not going to let anyone call me boy, son, kid, jr. My attitude is my response to that.

I did not post my resume out of the blue. I posted my accomplishments out of rebuttal to being called s child by people who are too stupid to read a case they cite for being an absolute right when the case says exactly the opposite.

Also, I will not be silent to racism, and folks that attack gay and trans folks for expressing civil liberties.

He has given no respect. He chose to try to belittle me when I oppose his opinions. It is his way of debate I am right and you are evil, freak, deplorable, etc.
He will receive no respect.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Keep on keepin' on!

I did relate that story and I think you know I was exaggerating a hair for the laugh, but anyway,......I think even to the most dim bulb it should seem I am taking responsibility for my problems, if I need to get out the crayons so I can spell it out for you in a simple enough manner for you to understand, let me know, I have boxes and boxes around. Big Grin tu2

I think you should stick to crayons, that is about your speed.

The problems in America are not due to a DA who wants to punish offenders to the maximum he can. If you think that then you may indeed be a simpleton.

Your in your mid 50's and your kid is 6, what were you doing the 49 years before that to try to improve things? LHeym has educated himself and is employed in our criminal justice system in an attempt to improve his community, and yet you attack him. Do you feel the same about the police? Correction officers?

The man has dedicated his life to trying to improve not only his situation but that of those around him.

Back to your crayons Scott.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What a dickhead!

Coming from the likes of you I will take this as a compliment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What a dickhead!

Nothing but the truth, you're welcome.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What a dickhead!

Nothing but the truth, you're welcome.

The best part is I don't even have to try, it just comes naturally. stir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am not going to let anyone call me boy, son, kid, jr. My attitude is my response to that.

I did not post my resume out of the blue. I posted my accomplishments out of rebuttal to being called s child by people who are too stupid to read a case they cite for being an absolute right when the case says exactly the opposite.

Also, I will not be silent to racism, and folks that attack gay and trans folks for expressing civil liberties.

He has given no respect. He chose to try to belittle me when I oppose his opinions. It is his way of debate I am right and you are evil, freak, deplorable, etc.
He will receive no respect.

Hahaha.

You posted all that scrap to try to prove you're all grown up!

No respect from a self important, over educated under experienced man child, wokester? I can live with that just fine, junior. animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You make being an ignorant, misogynistic, geriatric redneck look so appealing, I'm green with envy.

moon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The, "new heym" attitude has gone on for some time now. I tried to engage at one point about it.
You took on the "I know what's best for everyone, how they should think, act and speak"
That was the end of what had been respect for you. I told you if you want to control everyone you should have been an emperor.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
The, "new heym" attitude has gone on for some time now. I tried to engage at one point about it.
You took on the "I know what's best for everyone, how they should think, act and speak"
That was the end of what had been respect for you. I told you if you want to control everyone you should have been an emperor.

Whistling Whistling Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott, I can understand JTEX--he doesn't require a rocket scientist, he doesn't believe in equal protection of the law. He just wants to blame lawyers.

But you, I can't figure out. Why the relentless attacks on LHeym? He didn't direct insults at you, at least not until you attacked him. What's your beef with the guy?

You're only making Saeed happy.

Posts: 6158 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reading through all this.
Setting all the out of date laws debate aside.
Demise of the Family unit.
Lack of general community engagement.
Not an easy fix.
But you can try to spend more time with your family.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
How about for every new law, we get rid of two led ones until we get back to sanity?
I believe when someone once said that we are approaching times, when all of us are guilty of breaking some kinda law the moment we wake up and step outside
Please someone tell I’m wrong please…

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Scott, I can understand JTEX--he doesn't require a rocket scientist, he doesn't believe in equal protection of the law. He just wants to blame lawyers.

But you, I can't figure out. Why the relentless attacks on LHeym? He didn't direct insults at you, at least not until you attacked him. What's your beef with the guy?

You're only making Saeed happy.

See above. The kid is pompous, overbearing and a know it all. It's obnoxious. I'll take a condescending lecture from a 70 year old, I may not like it, but even from the worst there occasionally is a kernel. A thirty year old talking down to me is gonna get scorn in return. Again, see above, I ain't the only one.

I don't believe you are right about Jtex. I think he's frustrated about current events , like I, he has little appreciation for these modern culture wars, and feels a great affinity for, " the good old days" as do I, that our perception is accurate or not besides the point. Likely Jtex is angry about the soldier being convicted of murder over in Austin Texas, and sees many parallels in other situations. So do I. I think the biggest difference in attitude between Jtex and I is due to my far removed location. Reading about BLM riots is about as important to me as reading about Ukraine. I can shake my head at most of it and simply turn the page. Jtex is a family man, a business man and outdoorsman, a Texan, and has given me the impression he'd be a fine neighbor, friend, associate. Differences beyond that aren't to interesting to me.

Saeed has mentioned numerous times here that whatever he says on the pf is not to be taken as truth. We know from his safari stories he's an incorrigible practical joker and takes great pleasure in "needling" somebody or, "pulling their leg"

As always I could be wrong but I think saeed is as unhappy with American current events as anyone else here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I sm humbled by your experience TomP I would not call you a bit, kid, kiddo, or Son at 22.

Not would you let anyone else call you those things at 22. I will not let these men condescend to me with that language.

They want to call me boy, kid, etc. no sir, I have done too much,

I sm not naive or too young.

I know what the law is. I know when they are misrepresenting it or ignoring what the law that controls the issue is. On this case it is a 12 year old and 17 year committing multiple homicide.

The 12 year old will not be charged with a “crime” as the 12 year old will stay in Juvenile Court where “crimes” are not charged.

JTex starts a thread about 12 year old and 17 year old committing homicide. He and King can’t understand why I would discuss the law in Florida that governs how they will be charged, adjudicated, and “punished.”

BREAKING NEWS: Florida Sheriff Announces Arrest Of 12-Year-Old And 17-Year-Old For Triple Murder.

The above is his post. Yet, he and King want
to complain and insult me when I provide the law that governs that fact pattern.

Hold on a minute, I have not commented on this thread, nor have I had the same experiences. Maybe TheBack40 is your object.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom P, I can call you "young fellow" if you'd like. Big Grin Knowing how old you are by things you post.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tom P, I can call you "young fellow" if you'd like. Big Grin Knowing how old you are by things you post.

Call me anything but late for dinner...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote