New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr. Pelosi Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Today seems to be the best day for videos to be released to the public. Again, like the Memphis/Nichols incident, I have only seen snippets so far. I am not trying to be an armchair quarterback either just offer a preliminary take and will say this was pretty awful.

I have seen very little but what I have seen shown is that Mr. Pelosi was doing his best, in his own way, to diminish a truly insane individual bent on violence in the shown police video. Pelosi was unfortunately not successful and it appears he is really, really lucky he survived. Not sure why DePape was not dropped on the spot?

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry the old gentleman got hurt and I hope he has recovered fully.

Still though, that was the damndest thing I have ever seen. They just standing there nonchalantly opening the door for the police and then guy just explodes. The whole thing seems surreal to me. There has got to be a “rest of the story.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36635 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Mr. P has a drink in one hand. Odd that.

Posts: 315 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
There has got to be a “rest of the story.”

There is:

Perhaps two parts. The first made up in theories and speculation, which we've already endured enough. The second digging into when zealotry and hate turn into crazy - you know, that fine line.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...45298f5b3b8b756e339e

Paul Pelosi attacker David DePape makes chilling call to TV station: 'I'm so sorry I didn't get more of them'
Story by Chris Pandolfo • 42m ago

Despite saying he didn't want to jeopardize his case, DePape told KTVU he attacked Pelosi because "liberty isn't dying, it's being killed systematically and deliberately."

The "people killing it have names and addresses, so I got their names and addresses so I could pay them a little visit … have a heart to heart chat about their bad behavior," he asserted.

"I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad. I'm so sorry I didn't get more of them. It's my own fault. No one else is to blame. I should have come better prepared," he said.

=============================================

I suppose that should settle the speculation as to who he considered "them". And he really believes in his cause, as do many. Who would cross the line for their beliefs?

Also, I wonder what he meant by "get more of them" and "I should have come better prepared"?

Did he mean bring a better weapon, for example, or better prepared to chat to more of them?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19749 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

I suppose that should settle the speculation as to who he considered "them". And he really believes in his cause, as do many. Who would cross the line for their beliefs?

Also, I wonder what he meant by "get more of them" and "I should have come better prepared"?

Did he mean bring a better weapon, for example, or better prepared to chat to more of them?

I am having to trouble believing that you are as confused are you are claiming to be.

His point seems pretty obvious to me.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P. Jilek:

You have to really love alcohol to not put your drink down and attack.

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minkman:
quote:
Originally posted by P. Jilek:

You have to really love alcohol to not put your drink down and attack.

Funny how some of the drunks here think it's ok to hit old men with hammers.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter:
Funny how some of the drunks here think it's ok to hit old men with hammers.

lol

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19749 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

I am having to trouble believing that you are as confused are you are claiming to be.

His point seems pretty obvious to me.

What makes you think I'm confused?

What do you think his lawyer will say?

Anyway, I'm in agreement with you. I think he meant a better weapon than a hammer.

XXX