Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America's REAL RULER! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's a free country for you. The Soros kid is just as entitled as I am to lobby the White House. He's got more money (and interest) than I do, so he gets to do it more effectively. Part of the price of capitalism and our political two-party system.

The judiciary is different. Judges should not be lobbied or allowed to take any gifts from friends or lobbyists.

Posts: 6158 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So becoming a Justice is similar to becoming a priest and swearing a life of celibacy?

If they have wealthy friends they are not allowed to go to a get together on a house boat? They can’t fly in their plane with them?

Hard cash of tangible assets I agree with. Not the other. Justices are human beings. Their decisions are before the public and must be founded in the basis of law — for all to see.

I agree with what you said about the President and I disagree with your opinion on the Justice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
States have these rules in place that gifts over a certain seamount here it is 100 dollars cannot be accepted.

There are few, articulated exceptions in those state ethics rules.

No, a Supreme Court Justice should never accept such gifts from the Uber donor class.

The faith and legitimacy of the Court is brought into question.

O would have thought the Justices would not have needed this explained to them , but I remember most Supreme Court Justices were never State nor Lower Court Judges to have had such mandatory ethics pressed upon them.

This is an area of Federal Judicial Reform we should all be behind.

An attorney in a case cannot even buy me lunch. I would not even let one but me lunch that is often in my Court; even if they are not presently in my Court.

The issue becomes one of recusal some givers can give more, but if you take them and do not recuse from cases they have an interest you, you are setting yourself up to be sanctioned and removed.

The Supreme Court decided national policy, Justice Thomas accepts these lavish gifts from the high donor class, then sits on cases this donor has a peculiar interest in.

If he wants the yacht trips, he should recuse.

Justice Thomas ones this was not best practice, or he would have disclosed.

What are the ethical enforceable rules for the Senate? Given the national implications of the Justices decisions, the rules for gifting Senators may be more analogous than state judges. Use those rules the Senate or House as a frame work.

AIC is being investigated right now for violating House ethics rules on gifts.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
States have these rules in place that gifts over a certain seamount here it is 100 dollars cannot be accepted.

There are few, articulated exceptions in those state ethics rules.

No, a Supreme Court Justice should never accept such gifts from the Uber donor class.

The faith and legitimacy of the Court is brought into question.

O would have thought the Justices would not have needed this explained to them , but I remember most Supreme Court Justices were never State nor Lower Court Judges to have had such mandatory ethics pressed upon them.

This is an area of Federal Judicial Reform we should all be behind.

An attorney in a case cannot even buy me lunch. I would not even let one but me lunch that is often in my Court; even if they are not presently in my Court.

The issue becomes one of recusal some givers can give more, but if you take them and do not recuse from cases they have an interest you, you are setting yourself up to be sanctioned and removed.

The Supreme Court decided national policy, Justice Thomas accepts these lavish gifts from the high donor class, then sits on cases this donor has a peculiar interest in.

If he wants the yacht trips, he should recuse.

Justice Thomas ones this was not best practice, or he would have disclosed.

What are the ethical enforceable rules for the Senate? Given the national implications of the Justices decisions, the rules for gifting Senators may be more analogous than state judges. Use those rules the Senate or House as a frame work.

AIC is being investigated right now for violating House ethics rules on gifts.

Typical American bullshit!

Your politics makes Nigerian politics tame when it comes to corruption!

What about all the BILLIONS in DONATIONS?

A genuine fucked up political system!

Where else could you have a choice between Trump of Biden?? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I don’t have that much faith in law these days anyway.

I am not really worried about Justice Thomas and wife vacationing with Harlan Crow and wife.

And, I know politicians are bought and paid for.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems that these trips are taken by many justices and had not been required to be reported. Bryer for one took over 200 such trips

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I am not really worried about Justice Thomas and wife vacationing with Harlan Crow and wife.

. . . of course you’re not. Your duplicity is legendary here when it comes to such issues. And let’s not lose sight of the fact that we are talking about millions of dollars in “vacation” expenses, not picking up an occasional dinner tab.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

. . . of course you’re not. Your duplicity is legendary here when it comes to such issues. And let’s not lose sight of the fact that we are talking about millions of dollars in “vacation” expenses, not picking up an occasional dinner tab.

Millions of dollars is “picking up the tab for Harlan.”

Can you name any case decided by the SCOTUS that favored Harlan Crow specifically or personally?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Your confusion on this issue, while clearly duplicitous, is not surprising. The ethically challenged struggle with the notion that just because you have the right to do something, does not make it the right thing to do. Thomas's failure to grasp the foregoing means that he has succeeded in undermining both his credibility and that of the Court. A legacy to be proud of.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure Harlan liked Dobbs and would love to see Lawrence v Texas overturned.

I am sure Harlan can buy a gerrymandered Texas Legislature. His money needs to stay away from the Supreme Court.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

But if Crow were a major democratic donor and we were talking about a liberal justice you'd be shitting yourself in rage.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many non billionaires does Justice Thomas let by his dinner?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

But if Crow were a major democratic donor and we were talking about a liberal justice you'd be shitting yourself in rage.

No not really. The Liberal Justices vote Left as reliably. It would make zero difference whether Bill Gates etc etc had one of them as a friend or not. They can’t be anymore liberal. I expect it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am sure Harlan liked Dobbs and would love to see Lawrence v Texas overturned.

Maybe…maybe not. I don’t know and you for sure don’t know.

That said…he personally stands to gain nothing from either ruling.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no maybe to it. Nor would you permit AOC these benefits. Nor should you. She shakes national policy.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no maybe to it. Nor would you permit AOC these benefits. Nor should you. She shakes national policy.

AOC is YOURS so she is NOTY allowed.

The other one is HIS.

So he can do whatever he wishes.

Party politics!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thomas is about the strongest Justice on the law since Scalia passed. I'm confident his association with his friends had no influence on his decisions.
I doubt there would be any backlash whatsoever if this issue was raised with the liberal Justices on the Court.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Justice advocating for a return to 1930 jurisprudence is not sting in the law.

It is a knew bread of Judicial Activism seeking to overturn 50-100 years of precedent.

Again, we have detailed how Justice Scilla was not an Originalist either.

To be drank, I think he felt the Bill of Rights were appropriate for incorporation and little else. However, he never said that publicly to my knowledge. I say that based on the cases he expanded Due Process Rights versus the cases he fought against expansion of rights through the Due Process Clause.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would Dr. Easter allow Progressives in Congress to receive such gifts? Such is currently against Congressional Rules.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As I said Bryer took over 200 trips on someone

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
How many golfing trips did The MAGA ARSEHOLE take?

Complaining about his predecessor "I am going to spend my time running the country. NOT playing golf!"

Only in America would you find people defending corruption! clap

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would Dr. Easter allow Progressives in Congress to receive such gifts? Such is currently against Congressional Rules.

Just about every Congressperson leaves office enriched beyond their salary based means.

They are going to hang with whom they choose anyway.

I am not sure the rules make one iota of difference in the long run.

If you can show me any evidence that Harlan Crow changed Justice Thomas’s vote on any ruling I am all ears.

They are friends. Hard to hang with a billionaire and not do billionaire things.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
As I said Bryer took over 200 trips on someone

. . . does that make it right?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No it does not. Hence, this is reform both sides should be able to agree on.

We have these ethics rules on gifts for House, Senate, President, State Judicial Officers, and Governors.

We would not be making up a blank slate.

The Supreme Court is the final arbitrator of National Policy and should be free of this influence.