Chris Christy Ends his campaign Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I think it likely that a lot don’t as well.

And to Jeff,
Why in Sam Hill would I want to spend one red cent funding more judges to arbitrate asylum???

I don’t!!! And hope the GOP NEVER capitulates to spend money on more judges.

Lock the border down TIGHT…we have plenty of judges to adjudicate the legit.

Because they can more quickly deny unfounded claims and deport?

God, you're blinded by your ignorance and hatred.

Roll Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36697 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And to Jeff,
Why in Sam Hill would I want to spend one red cent funding more judges to arbitrate asylum???

Roll Eyes

You see, you blatant hypocrite, the Law isn't like your Bible, you can't just follow the parts you like.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9586 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And to Jeff,

Roll Eyes

You see, you blatant hypocrite, the Law isn't like your Bible, you can't just follow the parts you like.

If we protected our border as we should…we would not have this problem. Biden is a traitor, enemy of the State for not. God bless Texas for trying!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36697 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And to Jeff,

Roll Eyes

If we protected our border as we should…we would not have this problem. Biden is a traitor, enemy of the State for not. God bless Texas for trying!

The Border Patrol catches more of them than they did under Trump.

Link

Who's the "enemy of the State"?

Posts: 9586 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Because they have exponentially increased in number.

I own a ranch down there. You may fool yourself and others but I (and everyone in south Texas) know the truth.

If we protected the border properly…they would be on the south side of the river.

Who is the enemy of the state? Joe Biden!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I own a ranch down there. You may fool yourself and others but I (and everyone in south Texas) know the truth.

If we protected the border properly…they would be on the south side of the river.

If they have "exponentially increased" it's because Republicans claim the border is open at every opportunity.

The numbers don't lie but Republicans do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is such an emergency at the border that House Republican refuse to do anything to help the problem because it might make Biden look good.

Just to be clear, this is establishing the principle that having a majority in the House entitles a Party to hold the entire government hostage for political purposes.

Remember that when the majority changes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm surprised you don't get it.

Each illegal can make an asylum claim, which must be heard by an administrative law judge. "Arbitrate" is the wrong word.

If the ALJ finds against the asylum claim, the immigrant is deported. This is what the law requires, and Congress made that law.

More ALJs mean the system can process claims more expeditiously, as opposed to waiting years as now.

Posts: 6179 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If they have "exponentially increased" it's because Republicans claim the border is open at every opportunity.

The numbers don't lie but Republicans do.

What a bullshit answer. The border IS wide-open. It may not be open officially by law but it is in de-facto wide open as the “policy” is to not defend it and “allow” migrants to enter illegally.

The cartels spread the word on the policy of the border. They keep close watch to what is occurring…not what is said. The migrants don’t watch republicans on the news.

You with your bullshit are the liar.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

I'm surprised you don't get it.

Each illegal can make an asylum claim, which must be heard by an administrative law judge. "Arbitrate" is the wrong word.

If the ALJ finds against the asylum claim, the immigrant is deported. This is what the law requires, and Congress made that law.

More ALJs mean the system can process claims more expeditiously, as opposed to waiting years as now.

They must be IN the US to make the claim. Spend the money to stop the influx FIRST. It is not rocket science. Damn. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you adjudicate the asylum claims, you are not going to reduce the numbers.

It has to be both. I have stated what I would support on both ends/sides of the border.

Another point of change is all asylum claims from South America has to be made in country not in the U.S.

Posts: 11015 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Unless you adjudicate the asylum claims, you are not going to reduce the numbers.

It has to be both. I have stated what I would support on both ends/sides of the border.

Another point of change is all asylum claims from South America has to be made in country not in the U.S.

The ones who are here will likely never be removed. They will likely never even show for adjudication. Who cares how long it takes to work through them...it is an exercise in futility anyway...might as well NOT throw more money at it.

They must be IN the country to claim asylum. NO non-citizen has the legal right to just walz in willy-nilly. STOP the entrnce...slow the claims...catch-up. THEN...resume allowance of those whom we think worthy of entering and making said claim.

As far as I am concerned...if you entered illegally...you forfeit your right to claim. Send them back...let them go through proper channels when available...hence, the remain in Mexico policy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then there's the study the Trump Administration had done that didn't show what they wanted it to:

quote:
The internal study, which was completed in late July but never publicly released, found that refugees “contributed an estimated $269.1 billion in revenues to all levels of government” between 2005 and 2014 through the payment of federal, state and local taxes. “Overall, this report estimated that the net fiscal impact of refugees was positive over the 10-year period, at $63 billion.”

Link

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is Texas keeping Border Patrol off the Border? This is clearly unconstitutional.

However, unconstitutional border action has never stopped Texas before.
https://apple.news/A3vLQeDPLSzSxDTOMn2Bz8w

Posts: 11015 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is Texas keeping Border Patrol off the Border? This is clearly unconstitutional.

hey, can you quote me article and section where the constitution says CBP has this authority IN A CITY PARK? You might brush up on where federal authority must cooperate with State authority. CBP, under this administration, isn't Stopping Illegals from entering the US - they aren't returning illegals -- they are processing people with a "i swear" return date for court, that the majority aren't making.

There's, at last count i could find, 4.5 million people in KY - In the last year, AT LEAST 3 million people came over the border illegally, including terror watch list persons -

Because it didn't happen AS DESCRIBED - What Texas did do, in a CITY PARK, was to stop CBP from staging, "processing", and releasing illegals into Texas.

There are 3m+ "asylum" seekers backlogged in the system .. and those are the ones that GOT CAUGHT and only THEN did they claim to be asylum seekers - Didn't come in via port of entry, didn't follow international law to ask for asylum in the first available, and ONLY once in America (and most of them come through Texas for logistical reasons) AND caught do they claim.

Joshua, Please explain the charge of "felony murder" to the crowd -- this could be interesting.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38517 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Assuming you are correct and CBS is wrong, Texas still can’t do that.

Migration and the border is strictly a federal area per the Constitution.

There is no excuse for blocking Border Patrol from the area.

Texas does not get to manage this issue. Sorry, take it up with your congressional delegation.

Texas does not get to block the Border Patrol.

I know this makes Texas cry, but Texas is no more a state than any other state.

Then there is this:
Meyer also noted that some of the areas Texas had commandeered sit on federal land. He said a 2015 agreement between the city of Eagle Pass, which oversees Shelby Park, and Border Patrol guarantees federal officials access to the park's gates. Some of the barriers used by Texas to seal off the park are owned by the federal government, Meyer added.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

hey, can you quote me article and section where the constitution says CBP has this authority IN A CITY PARK? You might brush up on where federal authority must cooperate with State authority. CBP, under this administration, isn't Stopping Illegals from entering the US - they aren't returning illegals -- they are processing people with a "i swear" return date for court, that the majority aren't making.

Not True: ""It’s true that data show that the majority of people show up for their hearings," Bolter told PolitiFact via email. "And even more do so when they are represented." Overall, the government data do not support Lankford’s claim that "the vast majority" of people released from immigration custody "are not showing up for hearings." Link

There's, at last count i could find, 4.5 million people in KY - In the last year, AT LEAST 3 million people came over the border illegally, including terror watch list persons -

Because it didn't happen AS DESCRIBED - What Texas did do, in a CITY PARK, was to stop CBP from staging, "processing", and releasing illegals into Texas.

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution of the United States (Article VI, Clause 2) establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the "supreme Law of the Land", and thus take priority over any conflicting state laws.

There are 3m+ "asylum" seekers backlogged in the system .. and those are the ones that GOT CAUGHT and only THEN did they claim to be asylum seekers - Didn't come in via port of entry, didn't follow international law to ask for asylum in the first available, and ONLY once in America (and most of them come through Texas for logistical reasons) AND caught do they claim.

Joshua, Please explain the charge of "felony murder" to the crowd -- this could be interesting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have given all the Supreme Court cases that hold a state cannot regulate migration and the border multiple times.

Texas has no authority to prevent the Border Patrol from enforcing border, migrant policy.

Felony Murder permits the State to charge accomplices or single actors with murder when a murder occurs by one during the commission of a felony.

The easy example is Jack and Diane rob a bank. Jack shoots a security guard. Diane may be charged with felony murder. Jack had the specific intent to kill. Diane only had the intent to rob. However, the felony bring robbery stands in for the specific intent that Diane is lacking as a cost of doing business (layman, low explanation for illustrative purpose. If you are in for the felony, you are in for what comes). States elevated, the specific intent to kill is not necessary to satisfy the mens rea, intent, element of the murder. The felony committed satisfies the mens rea for the murder. This is a co-defendant hypo most commonly seen. However, the doctrine can apply to a sole actor. For example, Jack car jacks Robert. Robert gets hit by a vehicle during the car jacking. The specific intent was to car jack (felony). That felony specific intent satisfies the mens rea for the murder though Jack did not possess the specific intent to kill Robert. Arson is a good example of sole actor application of Felony Murder when a death is the result of the arson.

Felony Murder was an old Common Law rule. The doctrine goes back to the early 1700s and was abolished in England in the late 1950s. Most states that still recognize it do so through statute and enumerate in statute the felonies that will trigger the doctrine.

KY does not recognize Felony Murder. The states that do are not permitted to seek the death penalty for a Felony Murder conviction.

An ease case to find that addresses Felony Murder for those who want to know is PEOPLE v. SARUN CHUN (2009). This case severely limited the Felony Murder Rule in California as the California Supreme Court made it clear that an assaultive felony cannot be used to support the Felony Murder. This overturned the caselaw on Felony Murder in California going back to 1969. The affect is California still recognizes Felony Murder. However, its application going forward because of CHUN, is much restricted. Felonies that are non-assaultive simply do not result in deaths. The Supreme Court of California in 2009 wanted to declare Felony Murder unconstitutional, but could not figure a good way to do it. So, they cut it off at the knees.

This is important because California’s decision will and has been be cited across jurisdictions that still apply Felony Murder.

CHUN limiting Felony Murder is a good case to learn what it is, and everyone’s unease with it in law schools and higher courts.

https://lawcat.berkeley.edu/na...1®isterDownload=1

PDF’s of the Chun and the People’s briefs (California) are available on line free and easy to find. Here is a feee download of the decision. I would read the briefs if I wanted to understand the Felony Murder in detail.
The concurrence was strong on the possession the Felony Murder Rule in California should be abolished.

https://casetext.com/case/people-v-chun

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know this makes Texas cry, but Texas is no more a state than any other state.

Goodness, thank you, i need a laugh this Morning -

You know that, in strict reading, Texas wasn't LEGALLY a State, at least until Post-Reconstruction? We never went though the statehood/territory process, and, in fact, when presented as bringing in Texas as a State, Congress rejected it. We are an annexed Nation, brought into the Union by Treaty.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38517 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote