Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Christy Ends his campaign Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 11015 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I'm just so disappointed I didn't get a chance to vote for the fat oaf from New Jersey.

Posts: 9148 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Met an American girl working as a flight attendant the other day.

I will vote for her in a heartbeat instead of any of the fuckwits on offer! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67061 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
And Heym wasted his 10,000th post on that buffoon…
Dang!

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never really posted on Christy. I posted on him to drop out.

Posts: 11015 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
So Heym has been around going on 8 years and now over10k posts. Wow over 3 posts a day average for the law professor judge extraordinaire. What a machine!

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When folks post stupidity like the Speaker controls the DC Guard, I respond.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
So Heym has been around going on 8 years and now over10k posts. Wow over 3 posts a day average for the law professor judge extraordinaire. What a machine!

He normally makes more sense than many others here.

Posts: 7189 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
When folks post stupidity like the Speaker controls the DC Guard, I respond.

Ah I see you are performing a public service. Noted.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also see you cannot read, bc I had provided that source material concerning the DC Guard and President before.

Yet, here we are with you insulting the former Speaker, and falsely stating she was responsible for the DC Guard.

Oh dear, I posted twice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Command of the DC guard is exercised through the secretary of defense and the commanding general of the JFHC.
It has been that way for decades now, as the president may have other criteria to attend.
Deployment was in the works without the presidents involvement on J6. This was all covered, over and over.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Christy is on a mission to keep trump from being elected. He knew he never had a chance in the primary. He's a patriot resisting trump.

God bless him.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15142 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Yes it’s all running so well with the Ds in charge. A bigger mess would not be possible.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Christie was the only candidate willing to criticize Donald Trump. As such, he added to the debate. None of the rest are willing to try. He is much more of a fiscal conservative than Trump (who is not at all). Standing against Trump and his cult followers was not a winning strategy, but someone had to do it. The GOP should not be able to lose to the incumbent team, but I think they can pull it off. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Command of the DC guard is exercised through the secretary of defense and the commanding general of the JFHC.
It has been that way for decades now, as the president may have other criteria to attend.
Deployment was in the works without the presidents involvement on J6. This was all covered, over and over.

Joshua only hears what suits his agenda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36701 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I am in full agreement with Mr. Mitchell and Mr. Leeper. If there were someone besides Trump proposing many of his policy approaches, that candidate would be interesting. Trump, who has zero capacity for truthfulness, decency or respect for others, who does not know right from wrong and who is fixated on personal grievance advances no useful cause.
Gosh, just the other day he was making fun of John McCain's inability to raise his arms -- because they were so badly shattered when he was in North Vietnamese captivity.
Trump is unspeakably uncivil and as Christie said, unfit to be president.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16421 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yet still superior to any Democrat.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36701 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lane, if there are honorable Republicans, there are honorable Democrats. Trump is just not an honorable man. I wish we had a reasonable and pragmatic centrist in the race but at this point, we don't.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16421 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

If you're brain-dead.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

If you're brain-dead.

Well that leaves me out. I am still operating on the cutting-edge and doing quite well for myself.

Please don't look in the mirror however. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are doing so well, why complain about half the government you are prospering with?

Things are either being destroyed or you are doing very well when you post.

I suspect you are doing just fine, and the Biden Administration and Dems have caused you no loss.

You cannot have two extremes.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you are doing so well, why complain about half the government you are prospering with?

I suspect you are doing just fine, and the Biden Administration and Dems have caused you no loss.

I can make money in almost any environment…just more in some than others. Otherwise…it is destruction of civilized norms that I fight against.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump is not better than any Democrat, but he is no worse than the brain dead pair we are blessed with now. As the Democrats less and less fiscally responsible though, it creates a pretty desperate situation. Desperate enough that even Donald Trump, a deficit spender in his own right, seems attractive by comparison.
Given what our choices are likely to look like, this time around, I don't feel real optimistic about the future for the US. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3537 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Bill,
For once I will definitely disagree with you.

Keeping a (D) out of executive control is paramount.

Donald Trump is superior to any (D).

I will support the second leading GOP contender in the Primary.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
The Great White Whale gets harpooned by both a NeoCon warhawk and a high-heel wearing Governor...

Posts: 2969 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill,

tu2

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill,

You sound like a screwball. It's "paramount" we keep Ds out of executive control? Are you chasing demons?

Pray tell what disaster has befallen us over the last three years?

Posts: 6179 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

T

White House staff 'relocated' after pro-Palestinian rioters damage anti-scale fencing, hurl objects at cops

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ng-hurl-objects-cops

Things are absolutely "being destroyed."

Apparently you're in government, you better wake up soon.

Posts: 9148 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
Bill,

You sound like a screwball. It's "paramount" we keep Ds out of executive control? Are you chasing demons?

If you lived in Texas and dealt with the repercussions of the southern border…you wouldn’t have ask. Biden’s open border policies have caused issues I personally and the country will struggle with for decades.

Take your blinders off northerner.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bill,

If you lived in Texas and dealt with the repercussions of the southern border…you wouldn’t have ask. Biden’s open border policies have caused issues I personally and the country will struggle with for decades.

Oooohhh, scary brown people.

I see your Governor managed to drown three, a mother and two children. Wouldn't allow the Border Patrol into a park for rescue operations after they were reported in the river in distress.

You must be so fucking proud.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9586 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bill,

Oooohhh, scary brown people.

I see your Governor managed to drown three, a mother and two children. Wouldn't allow the Border Patrol into a park for rescue operations after they were reported in the river in distress.

You must be so fucking proud.

Oh, trust me, he is. If Lane had his way, they'd all be shot on sight.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Y’all are always big on putting words in people’s mouths.

But he integrity of our southern border should be enforced by whatever means necessary to ensure that people only enter by legal means.

Don’t both of y’all believe in abiding by the law?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

But he integrity of our southern border should be enforced by whatever means necessary to ensure that people only enter by legal means.

I do, including those that provide a Right to claim asylum and have that claim considered for validity.

Posts: 9586 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

I do, including those that provide a Right to claim asylum and have that claim considered for validity.

What exactly constitutes a valid claim of asylum?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
To be eligible for asylum, you must be:
Inside the United States
Able to demonstrate that you were persecuted or have a fear of persecution in your home country due to your:
Race
Religion
Nationality
Social group
Political opinion

https://www.usa.gov/asylum

Posts: 7189 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank you Nute. I was hoping Jeff would have to post that so I could ask him what his opinion was on the last couple of million that entered as to…how many fit those parameters.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you Nute. I was hoping Jeff would have to post that so I could ask him what his opinion was on the last couple of million that entered as to…how many fit those parameters.

I don't know, I am neither an Asylum Officer nor an Immigration Judge, both of which are in short supply and can't hear all the cases expeditiously, which is why President Biden requested funds to hire more of both and give Asylum Officers the authority to make final determinations of validity but, of course, Republicans want a political issue far more than a solution so they balked.

You see, you dumb racist fuck, once an asylum seeker has made a claim they are entitled, by Law, to remain in the U.S. until their claim is adjudicated, which takes years currently.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
I think it’s likely that a lot don’t, but I was a bit surprised that you need to be in the US to claim asylum. Surely it would be better to be able to do so at a US consulate?

Every western country is struggling with economic migrants, some more so than others but that would seem to be the motivation for the majority of those that arrive on our shores.

It’s been proven a number of times that whereas true asylum seekers arrive without documentation many economic migrants destroy theirs on purpose before they get here to allow them to fabricate a story more likely to get them asylum.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I think it likely that a lot don’t as well.

And to Jeff,
Why in Sam Hill would I want to spend one red cent funding more judges to arbitrate asylum???

I don’t!!! And hope the GOP NEVER capitulates to spend money on more judges.

Lock the border down TIGHT…we have plenty of judges to adjudicate the legit.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it likely that a lot don’t as well.

And to Jeff,
Why in Sam Hill would I want to spend one red cent funding more judges to arbitrate asylum???

I don’t!!! And hope the GOP NEVER capitulates to spend money on more judges.

Lock the border down TIGHT…we have plenty of judges to adjudicate the legit.

Because they can more quickly deny unfounded claims and deport?

God, you're blinded by your ignorance and hatred.