New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Biden opens Alaska Oil Field Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
And gets sued by environmental groups

Hey, things have to be done correctly; even good things. This is the process we have to review and find out. Otherwise, we have tyranny.

Which is why I have tried to impress upon you folks in the United States the outcome is secondary to the process. That is why we overturn guilty verdicts when the due process given was flawed or in error. We do not ask if the verdict itself was correct.

https://apple.news/AXEm4WwUNRv-hqUEmv7PT6g
quote:

Posts: 10951 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
I saw an interview last week in which the CEO for Conoco-Phillips stated that C.P. told the Biden Administration that if they only approved two pads it was going to be a non-starter.

I think the Biden Administration realized that Conoco-Phillips had standing going forward were this to go to the courts, and compromised.

So now the Biden Administration will spend the rest of their term being sued by the environmental groups instead of Conoco-Phillips.

All things considered this appears to be a huge win for the residents of the state of Alaska.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
So much for his campaign pledge( which was shown on network news shows last night) to not allow any additional oil fields to be opened in the Artic. Typical politician- if his mouth is open and moving, he’s lying. 2020 thumbdown

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, taking the article of face value the administration could have approved the site and intentionally did not follow the regs for doing so. Thus, creating a means for environmental opposition to be victorious in Court.

The Administration can say we tried with a wink and knob to the lobby that supports Progressives. I say that bc the article says the Administration is accused of following x and y.

Yet, I do not think they are that smart. The article indicates young people who follow Social Media are really upset. I find that interesting if those people can and actually do vote.

Posts: 10951 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would tend to disagree with the process is secondary to the outcome.

The process exists only to get to the right outcome. That the process gets in the way of that is a problem.

However, like our form of government, as bad as it is, humanity hasn’t come up with a better way than the process.

While a true enlightened monarch may be the best way of getting things done, the problems with getting the consent of the governed and actually finding the enlightened monarch make that not functional, either.

What happens to Saeed when he gets a relative like Prince Harry sitting on the big chair?

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I would tend to disagree with the process is secondary to the outcome.

The process exists only to get to the right outcome. That the process gets in the way of that is a problem.

However, like our form of government, as bad as it is, humanity hasn’t come up with a better way than the process.

While a true enlightened monarch may be the best way of getting things done, the problems with getting the consent of the governed and actually finding the enlightened monarch make that not functional, either.

What happens to Saeed when he gets a relative like Prince Harry sitting on the big chair?

You can disagree, but for the example la given you are wrong. You can personally believe that. Yet, that os not how our system is structured.

Otherwise, we would not overturn verdicts due to violations of due process. The inquiry as Justice Scilla explained in his death penalty cases is not on when the verdict is tight, but the due process. Justice Scilla concluded an “innocent person” can be sentenced to death.The inquiry of the Appellate Courts is on the due process given.

Just like bad policy can be passed if the procedure for implementing that policy is followed.

Kind of like election results. The correct outcome is desired. We hope to get it, but we do not reject a due election bc of the outcome. We reject an election when the process is flawed.

Likewise, this litigation will not be about if this is good policy, but if Administrative Law in issuing the Administrative Order opening the field was followed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are talking the practical way it is. I am talking ideals.

I stated that the current process is as good as people have came up with, but that doesn’t mean that the process is the goal in and of itself.

Ideally we would get a perfect solution. What it is or how to get there is a different question.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ideally we would get a perfect solution. What it is or how to get there is a different question.

Won't happen. Humans are imperfect. Our Constitution is a perfect document but humans constantly seek to pervert it.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote