Tools

Rand Paul thwarted and frustrated Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...3c6c1511699e68&ei=66

Meltdown: Paul storms out of Homeland Security markup after clash on amendments
Story by Alexander Bolton • 4h ago

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19775 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I've generally thought of Paul as pretty decent. Sure, the guy is wrong on so.e stuff but ain't we all.
I'd happily support Rand Paul as opposed to Biden or Trump. I'd much rather have a Senator Paul than a Harris or Booker.

Maybe in this case it would have been better to stay and fight rather than storm off.

Posts: 9127 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps one way of looking at Rand Paul is like the concepts of yin and yang, good and bad, right and wrong, high and low, dirty and clean, etc.

Without the contrast the other has no reference.

So, you know my opinion of him. I was amused back when one of his neighbors beat the crap outta him.

In politicians, I would like the contrast to be good and better, but that's dreaming.

The article explained that Paul was trying to intro antivax and other conspiracy theory linked stuff he believed. That's typical of Paul across the board.

He and Jordon and many others crawled out of the same Deplorable Basket.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19775 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f2a79fb4bbf545&ei=47

Schumer declares House GOP’s first major bill "dead on arrival"
Story by Andrew Solender • Yesterday 12:30 PM

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday killed any hope House Republicans may have harbored about their sweeping energy package making its way through the Senate – much less becoming law.

Why it matters: It illustrates a dynamic that will become all too familiar by the end of the 118th Congress, with House Republicans passing party-line bills and the Democratic-led Senate putting up a firewall against them.

It also highlights the deep divisions between the two chambers as they prepare to try to work together to fund the government and raise the debt ceiling.
Driving the news: Schumer, in a floor speech on Wednesday, called the legislation a "partisan, dead-on-arrival and unserious proposal for addressing America's energy needs that they have laughingly labeled H.R. 1."

"It's a non-starter in the Senate," the Democratic leader declared, calling the bill a "wishlist for big oil."

"The only way we will pass a genuine energy package this Congress is through bipartisan cooperation," Schumer said, adding that he "strongly support[s]" ongoing bipartisan, bicameral talks on a potential permitting reform deal.
The details: H.R. 1, unveiled by House Republicans on Tuesday, would cut down environmental regulations, expand oil and gas drilling on public lands and waters and repeal parts of Democrats' signature climate law, Axios' Nick Sobczyk reported.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Eniga

I was amused back when one of his neighbors beat the crap outta him.

Fox News - field of dreams for fascist fodder. Build it and they will come.

"Trump is a demonic force, a destroyer.” Tucker Carlson (He ought to know)

Trump - the gift that keeps on giving - to Democrats.

"Truth Social" says everything about Truth.

Reality: Resistance is Futile.

"Truth is often eclipsed but never extinguished." Livy

The evidence is convincing. We know Trump was the head of the 1/6 insurrection because it failed.

"For someone to know something is true when they’re saying it, there must be an operation that their brain performs in which some sort of homunculus takes an elevator to a level called 'reality,' looks around, and decides whether or not to accurately convey what it’s seen to the part of the brain that does talking. If I were Donald Trump’s attorney, I would simply attest that this process, if it ever happened inside his brain, has not occurred for at least a decade, having been replaced by a system in which the homunculus fills whatever details would best meet the needs of a different, tiny monster that represents the concept of 'whatever Donald Trump wants.' Could even the finest jurist prove otherwise?"

Speaks volumes.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote