New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Trumper running the border! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still, Owens agreed that the vast majority of migrants coming to the U.S. border are "good people."

"I think the migrants that we encounter, that are turning themselves in, yes, I think they absolutely are, by and large, good people," Owens said. "I wish they would choose the right way to come into our country and not start off on the wrong foot by breaking our laws."

While a "very small amount" of those apprehended at the southern border are serious criminals, such as convicted gang members or sexual offenders, Owens said most migrants are surrendering themselves to Border Patrol agents to escape poverty or violence in their home countries.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Still, Owens agreed that the vast majority of migrants coming to the U.S. border are "good people."

"I think the migrants that we encounter, that are turning themselves in, yes, I think they absolutely are, by and large, good people," Owens said. "I wish they would choose the right way to come into our country and not start off on the wrong foot by breaking our laws."

While a "very small amount" of those apprehended at the southern border are serious criminals, such as convicted gang members or sexual offenders, Owens said most migrants are surrendering themselves to Border Patrol agents to escape poverty or violence in their home countries.

I'm certain you are right!

Never the less, he referred to the border as a National Security Threat.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most cops support trump. Even while he speaks favorably about his seditionist supporters who beat and maimed cops on J6.

Another trump cult mystery.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry...7a16e4b0b65d69218857

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it is fair to say "most cops support Trump". It is more accurate to say, most cops do not support Democratic Party policy, or Joe Biden. In the polarized arena which is American politics, this is taken to mean they support Trump. This is identical to the way that true Trump supporters, declare that anyone who does not worship their cult leader must be a supporter of Joe Biden or Democratic Party ideology.
In order to truly protect the southern border, it is almost certainly a necessity for the US to become more involved internationally and stop the flow long before it hits the border. Pressure needs to be brought to bear on the countries of origin of these people. The Venezualan government, for instance, should be in for some hard times until they decide to run the country in such a way that everyone doesn't want to leave.
Sadly, the real truth may be that it is too late. Perhaps, by not taking steps which should have been taken fifty years ago, and by ignoring problems which were foreseen fifty years ago, we have already set ourselves on a course with no exit and no reverse. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote