Find
Notify
Tools

Who knew... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted
Now the young voters and Hispanic voters are a bunch of MAGAt's

You guys are running out of groups to hate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...-poll-2024-election/

And the "Ultra Conservative" site, Aljazeera..

https://www.aljazeera.com/news...mp-in-record-numbers

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...QQnUcgxoCMjkQAvD_BwE

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Easter treats are brought by a rabbit...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff -

Are you disputing any of those links?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Jeff -

The Epoch Times might as well be published by the Moonies, it's the propaganda arm of a cult.

As for polls the data is only as good as the input, you can select for any outcome you desire. The only poll that matters happens in November.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been listening to some of the "kids". From seniors this year, who will vote for the first time this fall, to 20 somethings.
Usually they dont give much of a shit overall.
I have been surprised at the driving force Bidens Afghan withdraw has on them.
Many had relatives and friends that were there. The 75,000 Afghans we promised to get out, that are still left, pisses these kids off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff -

You're touting the stat that 17% of black voters support trump?

rotflmo

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Jeff -

You're touting the stat that 17% of black voters support trump?

rotflmo

Mike -

I agree, 17% doesn't seem like much. But it's the delta between 2020 and now that raises eyebrows.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-t...our-biden-rcna126124

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

While I agree it is interesting and if it holds true, it is meaningful, I have rather strong doubts that the media is accurately reporting much of anything here. There is too much money to be made for them by stirring controversy and having the tail wag the dog.

I’m hardly unique in saying I won’t vote for Trump, and I won’t vote for Biden. I get the folks that want me to recognize that Biden is bad, and Trump is the alternative… but I also get what the other side is saying about how awful Trump is. Not the “mean tweets” crap, but the continual lying, his hypocrisy, his narcissism and so on.

While I think they are rather hypocritical in their using that to support Biden, my vote is my conscience and I have decided this is the year I let the Conservative Party know that just their policy statements aren’t enough. If “we” are the side of normal American values, we can’t be playing wholesale Machiavellian ends justify the means games.

Unlike the political system, I think the republic is strong and whoever is president isn’t going to permanently damage the nation. The “this is the last chance” crap is just that, crap.

I’m hoping that both parties learn from this and clean up their acts… I have my doubts because too many make too much money with the system as is.

Note that the democrats have shown that the party can override the primary voters (HRC vs Bernie) and the GOP has shown that rabid elements can dominate primaries… yet it’s the GOP that’s against democracy and the democrats are the ones we should support…

I do think it’s funny that our resident lefties claim the epoch times is a cult owned propaganda machine, yet tell us that various nutty cult types should be listened to.

I’m paying much more attention to the down ballot items this year than I have in the past.

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Steve,

While I agree it is interesting and if it holds true, it is meaningful, I have rather strong doubts that the media is accurately reporting much of anything here. There is too much money to be made for them by stirring controversy and having the tail wag the dog.

I’m hardly unique in saying I won’t vote for Trump, and I won’t vote for Biden. I get the folks that want me to recognize that Biden is bad, and Trump is the alternative… but I also get what the other side is saying about how awful Trump is. Not the “mean tweets” crap, but the continual lying, his hypocrisy, his narcissism and so on.

While I think they are rather hypocritical in their using that to support Biden, my vote is my conscience and I have decided this is the year I let the Conservative Party know that just their policy statements aren’t enough. If “we” are the side of normal American values, we can’t be playing wholesale Machiavellian ends justify the means games.

Unlike the political system, I think the republic is strong and whoever is president isn’t going to permanently damage the nation. The “this is the last chance” crap is just that, crap.

I’m hoping that both parties learn from this and clean up their acts… I have my doubts because too many make too much money with the system as is.

Note that the democrats have shown that the party can override the primary voters (HRC vs Bernie) and the GOP has shown that rabid elements can dominate primaries… yet it’s the GOP that’s against democracy and the democrats are the ones we should support…

I do think it’s funny that our resident lefties claim the epoch times is a cult owned propaganda machine, yet tell us that various nutty cult types should be listened to.

I’m paying much more attention to the down ballot items this year than I have in the past.

Dr. Butler -

I agree with much of your Trump assessment. I too find him morally bankrupt and to be a reprobate.

However, I find myself to be a one issue voter this go around, immigration. Or rather "The Southern Invasion".

Our country simply cannot continue to allow what is happening and the associated secrets about it. cash cards, endless hotel rooms, complete with meals, Now, a liberal judge somewhere has decided they too have the right to bear arms. They ARE GOING TO VOTE. We have all seen it. Once the ballots are run through the tabulators, have you ever seen them get disqualified? Nope. They will come up with some excuse as they always have. CAll me a nut now, but lets review this about Thanksgiving and you'll see and it will be too late. But, you got rid of the guy that you don't like because hes a narcissist and lies, as they all do.

The America we all know will not look the same in 10 years. English might just be one of several official languages, the streets will decay, the social safety net will collapse under its own weight.

Have you seen the Chinese are building a bridge across the Darien Gap? ask yourself why? or just, why now?

There are immigrant camps so large they would take your breath away. I'm looking for an image I saw yesterday. Why?

So, being a one issue voter this election, I have a binary choice, A or B. A means more of the same, which America will NEVER recover from. B, means Trump and all that goes with it, and THAT we CAN recover from.

Sitting on your hands or a third party write in Scrub, is essentially accepting what will come.

Good luck. If you lived where I do, you'd make the same choice. (probably)

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Steve,

Dr. Butler -

I agree with much of your Trump assessment. I too find him morally bankrupt and to be a reprobate.

However, I find myself to be a one issue voter this go around, immigration. Or rather "The Southern Invasion".

Our country simply cannot continue to allow what is happening and the associated secrets about it. cash cards, endless hotel rooms, complete with meals, Now, a liberal judge somewhere has decided they too have the right to bear arms. They ARE GOING TO VOTE. We have all seen it. Once the ballots are run through the tabulators, have you ever seen them get disqualified? Nope. They will come up with some excuse as they always have. CAll me a nut now, but lets review this about Thanksgiving and you'll see and it will be too late. But, you got rid of the guy that you don't like because hes a narcissist and lies, as they all do.

The America we all know will not look the same in 10 years. English might just be one of several official languages, the streets will decay, the social safety net will collapse under its own weight.

Have you seen the Chinese are building a bridge across the Darien Gap? ask yourself why? or just, why now?

There are immigrant camps so large they would take your breath away. I'm looking for an image I saw yesterday. Why?

So, being a one issue voter this election, I have a binary choice, A or B. A means more of the same, which America will NEVER recover from. B, means Trump and all that goes with it, and THAT we CAN recover from.

Sitting on your hands or a third party write in Scrub, is essentially accepting what will come.

Good luck. If you lived where I do, you'd make the same choice. (probably)

space

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's the Republicans who are bad on immigration. They voted down an immigration bill that would have addressed many of the immigration issues.

Without offering an alternative.

Posts: 6139 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
It's the Republicans who are bad on immigration. They voted down an immigration bill that would have addressed many of the immigration issues.

Roland -

That bill was bad legislation. All it would have allowed for is a more orderly invasion. 8500 per day. That's 3.1 million a year, illegal and allowed in. PLUS...Biden could, by XO increase that number, any time he had a whim.

The new BP agents were being added for processing only.

The immigration Judges were to get them here permanently, faster.

I read the bill.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow I don’t buy that.

quote:

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More of this, or less?

https://www.ice.gov/news/relea...-homicide-or-assault

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More of this, or less?

https://www.wptv.com/news/palm...la.,County%20Sheriff's%20Office%20said%20Tuesday.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard, immigration judges reject most asylum claims. Economic "refugees" don't qualify.

As for the bill, I haven't read it, though I agree 8,500 is too many to allow in; but don't forget, these people aren't admitted permanently but just to file asylum claims (which will most likely be denied).

My main point is that Republicans haven't offered any bill of their own. They're intentionally doing nothing in order to keep the issue alive for the election.

Meanwhile, the economic refugees they claim to be concerned about pour in daily... Something should be done NOW, not eight months from now. More ALJs to decide spurious refugee claims would be a big help.

Posts: 6139 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
More of this, or less?

Why don't you compare crime rates of citizens versus non-citizens?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
More of this, or less?

https://www.wptv.com/news/palm...la.,County%20Sheriff's%20Office%20said%20Tuesday.

Anecdotal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
More of this, or less?

Let me re-phrase that...

Compare crime within the borders of America, by American citizens, on American citizens, as opposed to crimes committed on Americans by illegal entry criminals, allowed in by the President of the United States.

Comparing the two is nothing but a straw-man argument. Keeping Americans safe is one of the POTUS's jobs. You think Lakin Riley would be dead had Bidens border policies not allowed him in?

The left always cries after a gun tragedy, "If it only saves one life" yet Lakin Riley is THAT one life that could have been saved.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
More of this, or less?

Let me re-phrase that...

Compare crime within the borders of America, by American citizens, on American citizens, as opposed to crimes committed on Americans by illegal entry criminals, allowed in by the President of the United States.

Comparing the two is nothing but a straw-man argument. Keeping Americans safe is one of the POTUS's jobs. You think Lakin Riley would be dead had Bidens border policies not allowed him in?

The left always cries after a gun tragedy, "If it only saves one life" yet Lakin Riley is THAT one life that could have been saved.

Do you mean Lincoln Riley as Biden said? That boy sure can coach football.