Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congressional hearings Login/Join 
Picture of Bakes
posted
So please explain what is the point of these? I've been watching a few and most of the people don't/refuse to answer the questions put to them. What happens to them if they don't answer?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is all for show mate.

American politics is the saddest example of so called “democracy “

They have absolutely no clue what democracy is! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67048 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is because it is a Republic.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

That is because it is a Republic.

Whatever!

I understand democracy is supposed to be the rule of the majority.

Not any more.

Every little freak dickhead gets his way.

Normal people are paying the price!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67048 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
understand democracy is supposed to be the rule of the majority.

That's why we are a republic....

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Designed to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jordan is a complete MORON !! He sure is showing his investigative skills and brain power alright...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
understand democracy is supposed to be the rule of the majority.

That's why we are a republic....

We are a Republic bc we have a representative legislature. We are a limited Democracy because of how we choose that representative legislature. The two terms are not mutually exclusive.

The Rule of Law is present in both. The Rule of Law is why we are not a tyranny of the individual or majority.

Posts: 10983 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
So please explain what is the point of these? I've been watching a few and most of the people don't/refuse to answer the questions put to them. What happens to them if they don't answer?

Depends on the Context. The US has a rule one is not required to speak when such speech may be incriminating. Also other privileges recognized at Common Law, Case Law (really the same thing at this point), and Statute may apply to protect one from answering. I would need to know the exact factual context.

Better to remain silent than answer with a lie. Answering with a lue under oath can turn you into a Felon.

Posts: 10983 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote