Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump Has a Powerful New Enemy Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4f8fa2f4c43fb8be4e53

Story by Harry Kazianis • 9h ago

It seems the mighty Koch network is trying to jump into the 2024 GOP Presidental primary and will back one candidate.

The kicker: the candidate won't be Donald J. Trump.

And that is a really big deal.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rumor only, at this state. But one can always hope.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the second article I've seen. They could be cloning each other.

We'll see.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
It's been said here in the pf by every single last member that they won't support trump in the primary. Ok, I understand the pf isn't a pulse on the nation, but given this narrow slice of American public opinion, trump goes nowhere.

Palin lost by double digits in AK despite being endorsed by Trump.
Trump is out of gas. Money spent on Trump is wasted.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where the Kochs and Trump diverge in a major way is trade. Team Koch was very much against China tariffs and is very much for free trade across the board, with no exceptions - like the GOP was before Donald Trump ran in 2015.

Not advocating for Trump…just asking a question: Is this^^^good for America? I used to think so. Not so sure anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Where the Kochs and Trump diverge in a major way is trade. Team Koch was very much against China tariffs and is very much for free trade across the board, with no exceptions - like the GOP was before Donald Trump ran in 2015.

Not advocating for Trump…just asking a question: Is this^^^good for America? I used to think so. Not so sure anymore.

What are you referring to by "this"? Globalization and free trade? Special interest money in politics?

An honest assessment of the past 30 years shows that offshoring our manufacturing was a huge mistake, albeit with some big winners such as the Kochs.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am talking about the unfettered globalization.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
An honest assessment of the past 30 years shows that offshoring our manufacturing was a huge mistake, albeit with some big winners such as the Kochs.

100%
Something we can put in our agreement column.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Your rulers are bought and sold by the high e bidder! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Your rulers are bought and sold by the high e bidder! clap

Unlike your country where your rulers are born into corruption. The difference is astounding.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
While I applaud their success…as individuals the Koch Brothers were kind of out there.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . are they Christian Nationalists?

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . are they Christian Nationalists?

They are on side.

And Soros on the other.

That is how America is run.

DEMOCRATICALLY! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Koch brothers, boi gates, warren buffet.....they have all achieved incredible fortunes. But are they actually in touch with what we the people want?

Or in their rarefied atmosphere, or they playing mommy and daddy to us.

Or....on a more sinister note, are they trying to keep us in our place so "olympus" doesnt become to crowded.

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is fertile for conjecture and speculations and conspiracy theories.

Maybe the Koch network recognizes a threat when they see one - threat to themselves, the nation and citizens.

Some Republicans recognize the threat and said so and got themselves unelected.

Trump is totally willing to burn it all down if not nominated. He's blackmailing the GOP. IMO, you got what you deserve, but the Nation didn't.

Heck, he's gonna burn it all down either way, win or lose. He's gonna go on a revenge binge, win or lose. But the revenge will be much more effective and broad scale as POTUS. It will be his only mission.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4c74a90b875cc52ab611

GOP faces 'potentially catastrophic problem' if Trump loses nomination: conservative
Story by Brad Reed • 6h ago

================================================

This may be a good time to ask: Why is your problem the Nation's problem?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are no more Koch Brothers.
David Koch died at 79 in 2019.
Charles Koch is still alive I believe.
Thought I remembered his passing.
Just clarified it.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . not much to disagree with in the memo, especially:

". . . broken politics today are producing a toxic situation in Washington, DC making it impossible to see the kind of progress on public policy at the federal level that Americans need . . . The Republican Party is nominating bad candidates who are advocating for things that go against core American principles. And the American people are rejecting them."

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you got what you deserve, but the Nation didn't.

Really? The nation elected that low life POS and got exactly what they voted for. The price will be paid for generations if not forever. Lying is now an outright accepted normal, as is the graft, them vs us mentality, and we have insurrectionists sitting in congress. This is the new normal, and the nation got exactly what they voted for.

Posts: 15877 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
while you aren't wrong, this started before the 2016 election cycle
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:
you got what you deserve, but the Nation didn't.

Really? The nation elected that low life POS and got exactly what they voted for. The price will be paid for generations if not forever. Lying is now an outright accepted normal, as is the graft, them vs us mentality, and we have insurrectionists sitting in congress. This is the new normal, and the nation got exactly what they voted for.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
There are no more Koch Brothers.
David Koch died at 79 in 2019.
Charles Koch is still alive I believe.
Thought I remembered his passing.
Just clarified it.

EZ

Charles is still alive.

The OP article says Koch Network, not Koch brothers.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4db48919ca847ea2b388

Donald Trump Has One Way to Destroy the GOP
Story by Stephen Silver • 11h ago

(excerpt)

“If Trump does decide to sabotage his party’s chances in 2024, no one should be surprised. After all, Trump has flirted with third-party runs before, including in 2000, and he refused to rule out a third-party run in 2015," Wehner’s piece said.

And despite being the Republican nominee in the last two elections and exercising a large amount of control of the decisions being made by the party after leaving office, Trump’s ties to the GOP aren’t especially strong, Wehner argues. He even compared Trump to the Joker from the movie “The Dark Knight,” stating that “some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Trump Doesn't Care?
“Trump has no attachment to the Republican Party or, as best as one can tell, to anything or anyone else,” he writes. “His malignant narcissism prevents that. Trump is an institutional arsonist, peddling conspiracy theories, spreading lies, sowing distrust. That’s his skill, and he’s quite good at it. But Trump is now causing growing unease among his past supporters and the GOP establishment by signaling that he may very well turn that skill against their party. Trump, as a former president who won almost 75 million votes in 2020, could inflict tremendous harm on the GOP if he turns against it.”

XXX