THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Well, well, well…NPR is liberally biased after all and determined to stay so
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, well, well…NPR is liberally biased after all and determined to stay so Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
I am still hung up on “reverence for the truth might be a distraction that’s getting in the way.”

Of course you are. Let me help you out. Those of us living in reality, that actually deal in the truth, find the lies being told by Trumpublicans a deal breaker to finding common ground. You are so far down the rabbit hole defending your Orange Jesus that you deny the basic facts surrounding him and his actions.

Trump is a lying, cheating, philandering, fraud who attempted to steal a Presidential election. If the Trumpers could at least admit to those very basic facts, then the truth might not be such a distraction.

The real joke is you in reality. Wink

I see you still can't admit to the basic facts, no surprise there. coffee

It isn’t me denying the “basic facts” of what an Army Captain with a front-row seat testified to under oath in front of Congress. I believe that would be you. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36530 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The basic facts remain, Trump tried to steal the election, instigated a mob to attack our Capital and tried to stop the certification of a Presidential election. Those are the facts.

What you are doing is called obfuscation.

Posts: 188 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So you agree with Maher? You don’t like letting the truth preventing us from getting things done?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36530 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you nuts? I embrace the truth, to the frustration of you Trumpublicans who exist on alternative facts.

Posts: 188 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If that’s you embracing the facts as stated by an Army Captain under oath — I guess I am confused on the definition of “embracing.”

cuckoo

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Captain and his testimony do not change the facts.

Trump is a lying, cheating, philandering, fraud that tried to steal the election. Facts.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have given you the underlying federal laws.

Go read them. The Captain cannot change law nor what President Trump using the DC Guard to address BLM.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
cuckoo

The guard had the greenlight to go. They didn’t go due to a breakdown in command.

Saying otherwise is just nuts. It is denying facts.

The new CEO of NPR knows her audience I see! “Never let the truth keep you from getting things done!” And the lapping dogs…lap it up. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get it. Someone else could have mobilized the NG too, so Trump's actions are excused.

Lane, do you raise your son by these standards? You don't expect him to tell the truth?

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That last sentence is pretty telling. And to believe that children are not tuned into the idea that “do as I say, not as I do” is bullshit is ridiculous.

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I am hung up on anyones desire to spend big money to stand in a crowd of screaming people to listen to someone sing.
I can hear coyotes and frogs sing with my windows open.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Katherine Maher says that she abandoned a "free and open" internet as the mission of Wikipedia, because those principles recapitulated a "white male Westernized construct" and "did not end up living into the intentionality of what openness can be."

https://x.com/brithume/status/...944151007134041?s=46

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Katherine Maher says that she abandoned a "free and open" internet as the mission of Wikipedia, because those principles recapitulated a "white male Westernized construct" and "did not end up living into the intentionality of what openness can be."

https://x.com/brithume/status/...944151007134041?s=46

Morning dose of orange Kool-aid lane?

offtopic

Trump is still a lying, cheating, philandering, fraud that tried to steal the 2020 election. Your posts fail to mitigate that FACT.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Off topic? I believe this thread is about Maher. cuckoo

And please hire a psychiatrist now and establish a relationship…the next 4 years “could be” tough for you.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Off topic? I believe this thread is about Maher. cuckoo

And please hire a psychiatrist now and establish a relationship…the next 4 years “could be” tough for you.

Well, the Biden admin has been the best for me economically since the Clinton years. I certainly do not want to see that POS Trump back in the White House, a nice secure jail cell would be far better.

Your link was about Wikipedia, not NPR.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The link was about Kathrine Maher…the CEO of NPR. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The link was about Kathrine Maher…the CEO of NPR. 2020

And she was talking about Wikipedia, not NPR cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Alas…as CEO of NPR, her mind set of “wokeness” was relevant to the OP.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the boogie man du jour, "wokeness". My goodness, the GOP just has nothing of substance to offer besides an irrational fear people who see the world through a different lens. Just sad how Trump has transformed the GOP.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Maybe a secure border?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We need a secure border, Biden's biggest failing. That does not make Trump a good choice for POTUS.

The GOP has failed to do anything of substance regarding our immigration policy, even when they held the Whitehouse and both the House and the Senate. Just like Trump's promised healthcare plan, nothing...nadda...zip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I am still hung up on someone not listening to music.

Some real music!

Bob Wills is still the King! I went an "elite" East Coast college. None of my classmates could indetify with my stories of getting in a fight in the parking lot of a dancehall, lol.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called and raised

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...dmVyIG1lIHVwIHJ5bWFu

And I have heard Bob Willis.

As Guy Clark Sang, “I have heard Doc Watson play Columbus Stockades Blues.”

And

The Derailers.

I heard Vern Godsen, “ Chiseled in Stone.”

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite songs about a bar fight gone wrong, you have to love Billie Joe Shaver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfBuMArFABQ

Billy Joe after being acquitted “Hopefully things will work out where we become friends enough so that he gives me back my bullet.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/m...scene-in-waco-78887/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How did we forget Townes Van Zant?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How did we forget Townes Van Zant?

No we have not. Thats the only Pancho and lefty for my money. Not to mention Dead Flowers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Townes, Steve Earle, Guy Clarke, Rodney Crowell. That crowd was incredibly talented.

From Heartworn Highways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUML2yWVn8c

Jaime Johnson is another great talent, really a great performer and a fantastic song writer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah yes, the boogie man du jour, "wokeness". My goodness, the GOP just has nothing of substance to offer besides an irrational fear people who see the world through a different lens. Just sad how Trump has transformed the GOP.

Hate to say this, but “wokeness” isn’t just seeing things through a different lens.

It’s exactly what you complain about the right doing, only from the progressives.

While “misgendering” someone isn’t nice, it also shouldn’t be a crime… especially when they are biologically whatever they are being called.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:

Hate to say this, but “wokeness” isn’t just seeing things through a different lens.

It’s exactly what you complain about the right doing, only from the progressives.

While “misgendering” someone isn’t nice, it also shouldn’t be a crime… especially when they are biologically whatever they are being called.

I don't follow the culture war as close as some of you do, where is "misgendering" someone considered a crime?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:

I don't follow the culture war as close as some of you do, where is "misgendering" someone considered a crime?

Palm Springs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree it being misgendering a person in private should not be a crime. A state employee discriminating based on someone’s gender should be actionable ((not a crime) because it is treating a citizen differently by the government based on gender.

I extend the same rationale to the private sector as continuous misgendering is gender based discrimination that is not permitted by Federal law.

A crime and a committing an act that will get the employer and yourself sued are not the same.

I also believe, the Supreme Court put in place by President Trump says Fed law agrees w me, that you cannot condition employment based on gender of the person seeking employment or having employment. Gender means the the gender of their choice in that opinion.

They have narrowed that business owners can refuse service based on religious objection. I disagree with that from a legal precedent support view point and my belief system. However, the decision is their decision to make. I respect that.

The 6th Circuit enjoined public schools from keeping students from using the bathroom of the students’ chosen gender. The 6th Circuit has not applied this bathroom policy to private business, but it appears clear the Supreme Court’s employment decision would extend to those employees you cannot fire for being trans or deny employment bad on being trans get to use the bathroom of their identity.

Strangely, to me, perhaps because of the Supreme Court’s position on transgender equality in hiring, these bathroom fights center around public schools all the way to college, and not in the workplace. I suspect that advocates of non-transgender status see a winning argument focusing on children, it is easier for the government to mandate in the public sphere so both advocates and non-advocates target that area. The case on transgender employment quality is clear with its majority in place. This, attacking a transgender employee for using workplace bathroom is seen like setting up a transgender agenda win.

Here are the problems the Courts have regarding these cases. How you feel about these problems answers them, but does not make them go away.

1) Fed law and the laws the states adopted due to preemption and supremacy of Fed case law did not make women a protected status. It made gender or sex a protected status with the underlining rational being gender stereotypes would be disfavored in the Federal Courts. Up until I graduated law school, the Supreme Court refused and directed the Circuit Courts that questions of gender as an entity delegate from natural sex would not be entertained. That dam has broke.

2) The focus on children with the above legal back drop in place has caused a lot of loses in Federal Court for the anti transgender or limiting transgender access agenda. That is because folks assume children receive little to no civil rights independent of their parents. This is wrong throughout many levels of the law. The Courts are applying civil rights rules to children. That has been a trend from criminal procedure (too many types of cases to outline here) birth control access, and now to gender.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:
quote:

Some real music!

Bob Wills is still the King! I went an "elite" East Coast college. None of my classmates could indetify with my stories of getting in a fight in the parking lot of a dancehall, lol.

ZZ,
Ever been to The Stampede in Big Spring, TX?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Jody Nix, singing “When you leave Amarillo” in the recording of “For the Last Time,” was the last vocalist to have Bob holler when they sang.

Going to The Stampede and listening to Jody and his band is like walking into a Time Machine and going back to another era. I love it but it is a hard reminder of how much things have changed. My dad and his brothers were friends with Hoyle. I saw Bob play there when I was small before he passed away. Yes it was common in those days in West Texas to take kids into dancehalls.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:
quote:

Some real music!

ZZ,
Ever been to The Stampede in Big Spring, TX?

Yessir. Went once after roping in the slack at San Angelo when I was about 23 (I am 42 now). Oddly enough went with my parents and grandmother.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oddly enough went with my parents and grandmother.

That is actually not odd at all…for a west texas cowboy and is commonplace at places like the Stampede.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear Armadillo World headquarters was the place to be in the 70's and 80's, that and Mother Blue's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1jrGIruyRU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Oddly enough went with my parents and grandmother.

That is actually not odd at all…for a west texas cowboy and is commonplace at places like the Stampede.

Agreed did it plenty of times at various places. Just not the wild dancehall story to wow the audience, lol.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More on Bill Maher, this time on NPR.

Hard to argue his point on 87 of 87 editors being Democrats, that is comical, sad but comical.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/ente...d156cd2a451005&ei=78

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
More on Bill Maher, this time on NPR.

Hard to argue his point on 87 of 87 editors being Democrats, that is comical, sad but comical.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/ente...d156cd2a451005&ei=78

Anyone from any side of the isle that claims NPR is not liberally biased is not being honest with themselves. I frankly dont care that they are but lets not lie about it. They have an audience and cater to it same as Fox or MSNBC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When NPR tried to defend themselves against this charge, their comment was hey, we have some registered independents in the newsroom.

That still misses the point.

Near as I can tell, 35% are progressives of some place on the spectrum; 35% are conservatives similarly; and about 30% are moderate/mixed.

The media in no way is representing the country as a whole. While you can find individual outlets that are liberal or conservative, very few are truly independent.

I’d say if you remove the op/ed page, the Wall Street Journal is closest, and that’s probably more due to its being more based on its readers being focused on making money than anything else. In other words its readers don’t really care about anything other than information related to business.

NPR may try and make an effort to be a site of journalistic integrity… but absent folks of a differing view, you can’t be impartial if you are all biased the same way.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote