New
Find
Notify
Tools

More of our two-tiered justice system Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Been caught stealin'

https://www.washingtontimes.co...official-avoids-jai/

One has to think WW lll might not be a bad idea after all. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1605 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really don’t get it…

The value is less than $1200 so no felony… but ordered to pay $3200 restitution?

Makes sense only to a liberal lawyer, I guess.

MN is probably going to do something like “what they said” and not even demand restitution…

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I really don’t get it…

The value is less than $1200 so no felony… but ordered to pay $3200 restitution?

MN is probably going to do something like “what they said” and not even demand restitution…

You've heard the term "plea bargain"?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Does anyone honestly think it would have gone any other way but a plea bargain? In an earlier time the guy would have been so ashamed as to not show his face.around. Nowadays, hell throw on some red lipstick, a shimmering dress, some heels, and go celebrate the beginning of his "healing journey".

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. But an open and shut case like this, why bargain it down that much.

Personally, I have no issue with no jail time, but would want something substantial against them to prevent them getting in a position where they might have some political power.

With this, I doubt he’s electable anywhere on a statewide basis, but I’d rather he never get a cabinet level post or one involving public money.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
I really don’t get it…

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, this guy should have gone to jail for stealing a suitcase? Like it or not, prosecutors have got more important shit than this to spend time on. It's a minor crime, he's got no record I assume, he's not dangerous, he's just an idiot. The idea that this is representative of a "two-tiered justice system" is absurd.

quote:

Personally, I have no issue with no jail time, but would want something substantial against them to prevent them getting in a position where they might have some political power.

With this, I doubt he’s electable anywhere on a statewide basis, but I’d rather he never get a cabinet level post or one involving public money.

quote:
quote:
I really don’t get it…

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A two tiered system is why a 21 year old is in jail already after only a few days for stealing classified documents while trump still hasn't even been charged for doing some classified theft of his own a thousand times worse. And how long is this taking?

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300shooter
posted Hide Post
Some here think you should go to jail for stealing a shitcase but not classified documents?

faint

Posts: 686 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
A two tiered system is why a 21 year old is in jail already after only a few days for stealing classified documents while trump still hasn't even been charged for doing some classified theft of his own a thousand times worse. And how long is this taking?

Damn. That is an interesting question.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike has nailed it once again.

Posts: 6160 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To take a page from your compatriots...

If this had been a black inner city kid who stole a $3000 bag, would he have gotten treated like this?

The law has decided where the line of felony is. By the settlement they admit that line has been crossed.

And read what I wrote again... I have no issue with no jail time.

I want to make sure he has no responsible job handling taxpayers or other folks' money.

Felony conviction ensures that.

The popularity of his prior job and acts makes it so he is really unlikely to get elected outside some really bizarre districts.

As to two tiered justice system, I don't know. I don't think its two tiered... its a lot more than that. Steal a $3000 item in a small town vs. a major metro area. Be a "sympathetic" defendant vs. a tatted up goth freak... commit your crime when there is a political movement to lighten up on crime vs. a crackdown on crime...

And yeah... if its MY suitcase, I want the thief to go to prison. Its not really about what is stolen as much as it is stealing... in my book.

quote:
So, this guy should have gone to jail for stealing a suitcase? Like it or not, prosecutors have got more important shit than this to spend time on. It's a minor crime, he's got no record I assume, he's not dangerous, he's just an idiot. The idea that this is representative of a "two-tiered justice system" is absurd.

quote:

quote:
quote:
I really don’t get it…

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thief certainly has liberal privilege......

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67040 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote