THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    What I have learned from participating on ARPF for 17 years.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What I have learned from participating on ARPF for 17 years. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is of course a very dehumanising way to represent another person or other people.

Most of us a quite able to wish for a step back as far as community's looking after each other and some family values etc, whilst still being part of the 21st century and also wishing the same for all those around us No matter what colour , culture or religion.

Posts: 4258 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki the wacky pack is back with his ignorant drivel.....oh boy, you want to see will full ignorance? Read anything naki posts....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:

Most of us a quite able to wish for a step back as far as community's looking after each other and some family values etc, whilst still being part of the 21st century and also wishing the same for all those around us No matter what colour , culture or religion.

Agreed, and worth repeating. Thank you.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Your proximity makes you blind with no moral compass Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
quote:
How do Americans like some of us here civilly occupy the same space as a Gavin Newsom? I don't see it.

He is far more credible than Trump, Desantis, McCarthy, Ted Cruiz, Jordan, and so many other GOP fakers who still cannot accept the horrors of Jan 6.

America is in decline because the Right decided to give up on God, family values and the Truth in favour of power. They have now given up on basic human decency and Democracy.

Karl Rove's strategy of fake news to discredit Democrats was the opening of the slippery slope highway to some extent.

I cannot even begin to comprehend the GOP Far Right supporting Putin!

Your distance makes you clueless.

Can we agree on some kind of reply format?

Mike Mitchell used to reply at the top like you and it made it confusing for me. Yes Mike changed up his format to help us lower IQ members.

Naki I live about as far away as you do from The Lower 48 and in a fairly liberal community. I'm afraid you are not at all familiar with my proximity.

Naki, you've never once stepped foot inside The United States am I correct? If so, you've really not the slimmest idea.

Posts: 9124 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
I think US is doing just fine
Every generation thinks that it was better back then and younger generation is worthless…I can still hear my dad
Yes, things could be better and border can be taken care of with the stroke of a pen
World conflicts can go to hell as far I’m concerned as we need to take care of our own
Racial division seems to always raise its own ugly head only because of the so called benefits to minority groups and you would think we’d be past that and consider ourselves Americans only
Anyway, that’s just being eternal optimist in me

Well damn, we finally find something to agree on. You are exactly right. This thread could also be called the "old man syndrome" thread. In the 60's, the folks from the 20's complained the world was going to hell. In the 70's, the folks from the 30's complained that the world was going to hell. Etc. Not that surprising when you spend your life looking and wanting to walk backwards.

We can always find things in common
In person, people get along just fine
On internet, we say thing that people interpret wrongly and take words too personally
I can tell you, over a drink you can tell someone “ you stupid or you an idiot “ and it is in content of conversation and no one moves an eyebrows, on internet the same thing is said and roof is on the fire
Life goes on and I assume, most of us on here are serious hunters and we’d get along just fine and we could have normal conversation about anything, even about Trump and Biden

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suppose I could be considered to be approaching old age and I will confess that I believe our society made some sociological wrong turns over the last century. I think we also made some right choices which were, ultimately, abandoned. As far as looking in the rear view is concerned, it is wise to do so, while, at the same time, looking ahead.
The Greeks, the Romans, the Egyptians, all accepted that times change and they should accept that change; which they did. We are in the process of doing the same.
Over the last sixty years or so, we saw a wakening awareness of the effects our actions could have on our environment and we did make many changes to reduce these effects. Unfortunately, in the same period, we nearly tripled our population (in North America We did worse than that worldwide) which pretty well nullified our efforts.
Countries around the world have cast aside tradition and abandoned national identity. In all cases, this has been beneficial to some in the short term but the real cost is yet to be tallied.
I think it was Jared Diamond who said man has shown a marked tendency to screw things up (I'm paraphrasing a bit) and many civilizations have collapsed as a result. The difference today is that we can do it on a worldwide scale. Looking back nostalgically might seem foolish to some but there is much to be learned by reflection as well. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote