Question about Israel Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
And that is why there is nothing wrong to be armed better then just handgun ( good home armory )
That one time when you need it and don’t have it is the time when you get hurt or die
If Ukraine citizens were armed to their teeth, Russia may not have been so eager to attack
Again it is same old story again and again
I wonder if Mexican citizen could arm themselves with arms available like here in US, the cartels wouldn’t rule them as much

Do I correctly remember that one of Zelensky's first moves was to open the armories and hand out AK-47 rifles to the citizenry?

Bit too late, don’t you think?
And I’m pretty sure, you know the saying “ Cat out of the bag” as you are saying, you gonna keep bag ready next time you might catch the cat?
Sorry Tom, that’s what is wrong with Western countries when it comes to arms and especially immigration as what we are seeing last several years

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
If i were in a kibbutz under attack, I'd rather be sent to hell fighting back, than live forever on my knees

further, RPGs tend to have low rates of fire, and a fairly high signature, when it's face to face on a farm.

yes, hamas has heavy MGs - though most were armed with small arms - especially the evil b@astards in their "air force"

Yes Sir!

Me too!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
The Hamas killers had RPGs and heavy machine guns.

Jeff,
Had you been living along the periphery of the Gaza Strip when this occurred and saw it unfolding…would you have rather had an AR-15 or AR-10 and a chest-webbing with extra high-capacity magazines are not?

Simple question…yes or no.

Certainly Yes.

But any house that showed that kind of resistance would have been reduced by either heavy MG or missile fire in short order.

The failure was not in the civilians not being heavily armed, it was in Netanyahu ignoring intelligence warnings, including reportedly from Egypt, and shifting troops from facing Gaza to lean on the West Bank.

But, many if not most homes have safe-rooms that can hold up to rocket fire and thus might have saved them from RPG & MG fire if they were armed well enough to get there.

Also, if the civilian resistance were great enough...they could not eliminate them all.

Thank you kindly for the honest answer above...I think every honest person would rather have some viable defense.

I would not expect to "win" against the sort of firepower Hamas brought on this mission, except in my own personal definition of "winning": If I kill two I win because they can only kill me once.

Exactly. That is a form of deteremce!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
Lane:

I have been to Israel many times. I have cousins there. One close cousin lived on a Kibbutz before moving to Las Vegas about 5 years ago. He carried a sidearm at all times. Automatic weapons are not carried by citizens, because until Oct 7 the terrorists never did.

The kibbutz he was on had a fence and a guard shack with 2 soldiers. It was far north and their worry was always the occasional rocket from Hezbollah (you know, that organization that Trump called "smart").

I never felt unsafe visiting Ricki.

About 14 days ago he headed back as his unit was called up and he is an officer (even though he is 70).

The Kibbutzim along the border have fences, soldiers assigned and armed civilians.

BUT, the Hamas butchers were well armed and thousands came across with but one purpose. Die a martyr and kill, rape and torture as many as they could before going down. No civilian with a hand gun could defend against hundreds of missiles, automatic weapons and trained terrorists.

Hamas must be destroyed so this can't happen again.

Don

The game has now changed forever.

To be clear if destroying Hamas resulted in tens of thousands of civilian deaths would that be acceptable to you?

To be clear, yes. They built their tunnels under refugee housing. They fired their missiles from hospitals and mosques. It's on them, not Israel.

When the US bombed afghan and Iraqi civilians I don't recall you speaking up. To be clear, when the US kills civilians it's acceptable to you but when the Jewish state does it, it's not? What about Russia raping and killing Ukrainians? Where was your "moral" outrage last year.

Don

Not to mention the allied bombing of Berlin or nuking Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Those Palestinians know exactly what Hamas is doing, and they are doing nothing to stop it.

No sane individual anywhere wants civilian casualties. But war causes them and ends them!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Human shields is standard Hamas practice. Tough shit when they get killed but they allowed Hamas to put their infrastructure in civilian facilities.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Palestinians and the Middle East as a whole have a self-reckoning with Islamic Theocracy controlling civil government.

Sadly, that will have to come from w in, and the odds are the bad guys will win.

The Young Turks pulled it off w Turkey. It was bloody. In my life time , Turkey has moved closer to the fire.

Posts: 10951 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, to give the average no political Palestinian their due… I don’t think they get a choice. Disagree with the Hamas leadership, you get killed and your family becomes suicide bombers.

Hamas is a lot like the Nazis. At one point they may have had some claim to legitimacy, but they have used the power of government to make themselves dictators. They use propaganda to cause their subjects to support them blindly.

And it’s going to take something like postwar Germany to fix it.

The question is, is Israel making Weimar Republic mk II or modern Germany out of the Palestinians?

And yes, I realize how loaded the question is to a Jewish person.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Israel has every right and a moral duty to go over and eradicate Hamas.

Israel, as a civilized country and a solid member of the world community has no right to commit war crimes.

Israel has been presented with a terrible and difficult dilemma

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:

so sadly true

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Human shields is standard Hamas practice. Tough shit when they get killed but they allowed Hamas to put their infrastructure in civilian facilities.

The unfortunate truth. It seems there will be many sad casualties but maybe that is what it will take, a large loss of innocent life, for the so-called civilians to change their philosophies and remove such overlords in the end.

I see no other way, personally. This is because life is clearly been made cheap there. Tragic.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Don, to give the average no political Palestinian their due… I don’t think they get a choice. Disagree with the Hamas leadership, you get killed and your family becomes suicide bombers.

Hamas is a lot like the Nazis. At one point they may have had some claim to legitimacy, but they have used the power of government to make themselves dictators. They use propaganda to cause their subjects to support them blindly.

And it’s going to take something like postwar Germany to fix it.

The question is, is Israel making Weimar Republic mk II or modern Germany out of the Palestinians?

And yes, I realize how loaded the question is to a Jewish person.

Russia is bombing Ukrainian civilians daily. Why don't we see marches against that stopping.

Why is only Israel held to a different standard than the US in Iraq, the US in Afghanistan, the US in Viet Nam? Russia in Ukraine, Turkey in Kurdistan, Syria in Northern Syria, Armenia in Azerbaijan.......

Israel isn't making the Palestinians into anything. Ask Jordan or Egypt if they want them? Ask the Christians in Lebanon if they were better off before Hezbollah took over.

I'm not for killing these poor civilians. I wish there was a way to rid the world of Hamas without destroying the homes above their tunnels. As documented, they shoot missiles from mosques, schools and hospitals.

Netanyahu says we'll have a ceasefire in return for the hostages and Hamas says Fuck You...well, the blame is not on Israel.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Totally agree.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Near as I can tell, we are not holding them to our level of restraint in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Are there some useful idiots out marching for de facto Hamas? Sure.

Are our politicians bending somewhat? Yes- Biden wanting a ceasefire (or hold if you will) is an example of that.

But once Israel clears out Hamas, they had better have a better plan than we did post active combat operations.

If they depend on others to rebuild or just pull out, it will set them up for a repeat in 20 or so years.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody else see anything on a Palestinian assassination attempt on Abbas? Supposedly killed a bodyguard; for not having the Palestinian Authority declare war on Israel.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Israel has not been in Gaza for 20ish years. Not one Israeli. Palestinians were coming into Israel for work. Israel gave up occupied

Palestinians had been given their state. What Hamas wants, and what they have attempted to wrought is the destruction of Israel, and to replace them.

That is not arguable in an honest way.

I think a lot of folks, including the US government, are upset with Russia mass targeting of civilians. Russians have been indicted for war crimes over it.

Israel should not go down that road.

Civilians will die. Hamas has pushed those Dominoes over. Hamas uses civilians as Shields. That is not Israel’s fault.

That is different than indiscriminate, mass targeting of civilians that Israel is not engaged in. Folks who say otherwise need to take a standing eight count.

Again, “ humanitarian corridors” at this point is just a rat line. Israel gave notice. Hamas is who blocked civilians from evacuating.

I agree w Israel no ceasefire wo release of all hostages.

The amUS has no business trying to pressure Israel into a ceasefire.

Posts: 10951 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If Israel cleans out the Gaza Strip it will be doing the world a favor.

If I were them, I would NEVER return it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
Israel has every right and a moral duty to go over and eradicate Hamas.

Israel, as a civilized country and a solid member of the world community has no right to commit war crimes.

Good post !!

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think for me the two overriding questions are.

If the world calls for a ceasefire, what do they hope will be the result? peace talks?

which leads too.

Has Hamas ever come too the table for peace talks?

Posts: 4266 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

The unfortunate truth. It seems there will be many sad casualties but maybe that is what it will take, a large loss of innocent life, for the so-called civilians to change their philosophies and remove such overlords in the end.

I see no other way, personally. This is because life is clearly been made cheap there. Tragic.

The other side of the coin is that it will create thousands more people who hate Israel and be the best recruitment drive Hamass could ever wish for.

Something like half of the population of the Gaza Strip are under the age of 20. That's a hell of a lot of young people to fill with hatred as their parents/brothers or sisters are killed or maimed. It might be an uphill struggle to get them to see the cause/effect of torturing and murdering Israeli civilians..

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
quote:

The other side of the coin is that it will create thousands more people who hate Israel and be the best recruitment drive Hamass could ever wish for.

Something like half of the population of the Gaza Strip are under the age of 20. That's a hell of a lot of young people to fill with hatred as their parents/brothers or sisters are killed or maimed. It might be an uphill struggle to get them to see the cause/effect of torturing and murdering Israeli civilians..

Or, as with Hiroshima and Nagasaki the young people are convinced that war is to terrible a cost.

The mistake the West has repeatedly made with Islamic terrorism is to make effort to coddle and redeem. I can think of no incident in any of our recent wars that showed The Caliphate that it just wasn't worth it. Maybe today is a good day to start.

Posts: 9125 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
I think for me the two overriding questions are.

If the world calls for a ceasefire, what do they hope will be the result? peace talks?

which leads too.

Has Hamas ever come too the table for peace talks?

I think that they would want to deliver humanitarian aid like food, water medicinal supplies fuel. How much of that might Hamas latch onto?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1212 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
quote:

Or, as with Hiroshima and Nagasaki the young people are convinced that war is to terrible a cost.

The mistake the West has repeatedly made with Islamic terrorism is to make effort to coddle and redeem. I can think of no incident in any of our recent wars that showed The Caliphate that it just wasn't worth it. Maybe today is a good day to start.

Exactly

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Japan was isolated. Its allies had been defeated.

Hamas has allies egging it forward who wont be affected by palestines destruction.

Posts: 4266 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I say levy some “affect.”

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hamas has allies egging it forward who wont be affected by palestines destruction.

I'm not one to weigh in on foreign affairs to much since I don't really know what I'm talking about, but anyway,....

We could say well let's destroy Palestine and find out!

Again, I think for 25 years we've given radical Islam nothing to fear. Hell Man, clear back in the 70's we let Iran hold hostages for more than 400 days I think and then it was Iran who decided to release the American hostages.

In my lifetime we've sent Khadaffi a few missiles, occupied Iraq and Afghanistan briefly ,rolled over and played dead in Somalia, killed that Iranian general with a drone, snuck into Pakistan and beat it out of there with Bin Laden's carcass,.......

Don't you think we gotta have a Blue Angels airshow over Gaza or Tehran? Have a 4th of July fireworks show with our Gerald Ford carriers in the Suez Canal and Straight of Oman? I'd like to see our subs surface next to some Somali pirates, tie the pirate boat onto the stern and take them water skiing.

Hamas has allies that have experience with our humanitarian missions using the DOD to expedite.

We used to call our DOD, "The War Department ".

Posts: 9125 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given previous posts of yours, im surprised you are advocating for getting involved.

Wheres that war dept when its Ukraine?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given previous posts of yours, im surprised you are advocating for getting involved.

Wheres that war dept when its Ukraine?

Two things:

1) Ukraine aint Israel and Vlad ain't Bin Laden. Russia has been proven to be a paper tiger and Ukraine never has been nor will ever will be anything more than a satellite in the USSR.

2) We have been and will continue to be attacked by radical islamic terrorism. The West generally and the USA specifically have failed, have been defeated in the War on Terror. Israel is our ally, we have defended Israel and supported them for decades, this is the moment to be decisively offensive for the benefit and victory for Israel, the West and the USA.

After whatever conclusion is reached in the Ukraine, nothing will be different, that's the plan, the goal, the reality. We actually can conclude the War in Gaza for our sides good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and Gaza has no where near the ability of Russia. Israel will handle the situation.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Come on Man, you can't have it both ways, "Hamas has allies," you said.

Indeed they do and the USA has borne the brunt.

In fact as demonstrated the Caliphate is stronger that Vlad and the West and has yet to be confronted. That the Taliban successfully operated American Blackhawks is the easy example.

As I've said before, if Vlad ruffles your feathers so much, Get Some! You go do it. Here in the far West I've got Hamas in my Capitol, Somali warlords in Minnesota and college campuses rife with antisemitism. Mind blowing that 20 years after 9/11 we elect them to leadership. The hasbeen drunk Communists not so much. Communes an The Collective don't seem to gain much traction here. You go fight em.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Israel will handle Gaza. You seem to be talking about starting an American war with Iran. Yet I cant beleive you are naive enough to think such a result would not mean further conflict with Russia.

You have misconstrued the reply I gave to Ledvm,
Japan gave up because it had reached its own end and would have to bear all further impact.
Iran will egg Hamas on because it really doesn't care about palestinians and Arabs. It will help them, but it wont overtly go to war for them..... unless attacked.

You keep on telling me to fight them. Not once have I advocated for foreign intervention with troops. Thats all you.
But I do support sending weapons that allow Israel and Ukraine to win.