THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    verdict ordering Trump to pay $83.3 million in damages to E. Jean Carrol

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

verdict ordering Trump to pay $83.3 million in damages to E. Jean Carrol Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Trump reacts to verdict ordering him to pay $83.3 million in damages to E. Jean Carroll

https://youtu.be/cP0DvOJVcVA?si=9UBrvEvYGF3XXldk

https://youtu.be/2A1KjGTT7R8?si=Ovp4JGTqzpI25j7G

https://youtu.be/2A1KjGTT7R8?si=Ovp4JGTqzpI25j7G

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
what DATE and TIME did this alleged rape happen? no, don't dance around it - what was the actual date, and, oh, let's say the nearest 6 hours around it?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the judge will likely reduce the punitive damages award.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
what DATE and TIME did this alleged rape happen? no, don't dance around it - what was the actual date, and, oh, let's say the nearest 6 hours around it?

Take your EVIDENCE to the JUDGE. I’m sure he would be GLAD to HEAR IT.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I hope she sues the crybaby bastard again.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is just plane silly!

He is GUILTY!

But this amount??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Stupid and baseless.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . another stunning victory for the Trump legal team. He certainly hires only the “best people”. For someone that says he hates losers, that label sure seems to fit him like a glass slipper.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing more expensive than a trophy wife is a trophy lawyer.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

He is GUILTY!

But this amount??

It's the cost of failing to keep his big mouth shut. I hope she takes him down even farther. He's too stupid to catch a clue.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is GUILTY!

But this amount??

A few days before, he was bragging about the hundreds of millions in cash he just has laying around. I suspect the jury heard that and thought the punishment would have to be severe enough to make him feel it.
What’s 83 million to a guy who boasts of having 9 billion? Besides, his cult of suckers will just feel sorry for him and send him more.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
American political system.

The MOST corrupt FREE system on this earth! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
looks like she grabbed him by the wallet.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Regardless of one’s political views,on what planet is 83M for defamation an appropriate penalty?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the Tortfeasor has repeatedly continued to engage in the behavior dispute being found liable previously.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like the McDonald's hot coffee case......appeal will hugely decrease any award.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Regardless of one’s political views,on what planet is 83M for defamation an appropriate penalty?

Some dogs are untrainable. This dog needed to have his nose rubbed in his own poop to try and teach him a lesson. That said, I doubt it will work. He is too dense to learn.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

Some dogs are untrainable. This dog needed to have his nose rubbed in his own poop to try and teach him a lesson. That said, I doubt it will work. He is too dense to learn.

Most dogs would love to have their noses rubbed in their own poop. Look up coprophagia.

https://www.google.com/search?....13398j0j15&ie=UTF-8

I have an older one with that issue now and nothing seems to work to prevent it. My other half is unwilling to stick with anything for any length of time to see if it will work. Kind of a spin-off of the old adage "in order to train a dog you have to know more than the dog."

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I think the judge will likely reduce the punitive damages award.

I'm not sure. I know in Texas that punitive award would definitely be reduced. I saw some commentary and have read multiple articles where people more familiar than me with defamation law are saying they believe the award will stand.

He's was a fucking idiot in this trial, just like he is in everything else. Got up and walked out of the court room during closing arguments. He pissed that jury off, that's why got popped for those punitives. Jackass.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
American political system.

The MOST corrupt FREE system on this earth! rotflmo

Bullshit. Who decides legal disputes in your country? Some sheik appointed by your monarch?

Punitive damages are designed in part to punish misconduct but to also deter future misconduct. That's why evidence of net worth is admissible in a case where exemplary damages might be awarded. While an $83 million dollar award might mean something in terms of deterrence to the average person, what does it mean to trump? He claimed in the trial that he was worth $9 billion. Unless trump is lying, $83 million dollars is a drop in the bucket to him.

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. I hope he is forced to pay every single penny of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That ship has already sailed, jeffe. A jury believed he raped her.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Apparently she saved the dress, and Trump would not give up a DNA sample to refute the accusation.
Why not (unless it would be used in other trials with other women?).

Maybe Trump could work it off with a series of interviews she could use to write a biography like the one for Hunter Thompson.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Apparently she saved the dress, and Trump would not give up a DNA sample to refute the accusation.
Why not (unless it would be used in other trials with other women?).

Maybe Trump could work it off with a series of interviews she could use to write a biography like the one for Hunter Thompson.

Yeah, there may be a lot of reasons trump doesn't want his DNA in the register.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
When the Tortfeasor has repeatedly continued to engage in the behavior dispute being found liable previously.

It wasn’t an academic question bright bulb.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Plenty of bright bulbs that went dim around here, or is it dem?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote