THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Gender dysphoria…a good look at what is actually known
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gender dysphoria…a good look at what is actually known Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
The Pediatrician who did this study is an expert. She now fears for her safety for publishing the truth.

How do you feel about that Roland?

I don't know how I feel about it. Has that author received death threats or is she just paranoid?

I wouldn't be surprised if she got death threats. You and I both know there are disturbed individuals out there.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Roland,

Yes, I trust the vets and the archaeologists. And I think people should stop studying gender dysphoria in school, because that's the problem.

Cover it up. Hide it. Maybe it will go away.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
The Pediatrician who did this study is an expert. She now fears for her safety for publishing the truth.

How do you feel about that Roland?

I don't know how I feel about it. Has that author received death threats or is she just paranoid?

I wouldn't be surprised if she got death threats. You and I both know there are disturbed individuals out there.

Of course she got death threats there are loons on both sides. Its hard to have an opinion these days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the science relating to gender dysphoria is very immature (as in the field is new) and the level of understanding to make sense of the science is rather advanced… meaning that most bachelors degree holders won’t understand the nuances.

You need statistics, biology, physiology, neurophysiology, biochemistry, anatomy, and histology as background before you start to understand it.

Vets have that background… but I suspect most don’t have the interest.

Ditto to most physicians.

In America right now the debate seems to be much more aimed at legalities. That has nothing to do with the science or the truth.

I don’t think that transgender belongs in the field of study in our schools. Tolerance of others and differences, sure. Trying to define it as normal… no.

Redefining man or woman is wrong. But so is attacking someone because they feel they are not what biology made them.

If we have adoptive parents, having a “wrong” gendered parent is perfectly fine. It’s probably not sociologically ideal (kids need good immediate role models of both sexes) but better that than a bad parent who abuses them or no parent at all.

All this attempt to redefine genders and roles is bad. It doesn’t mean we should illegitimatize the transgendered, and lock them up… but they should also realize that their situation isn’t the norm and not expect it to be treated as such either.

A trans woman should make sure relatively early on in the relationship that their partner knows their background… and shouldn’t expect everyone will want to continue the relationship.

Some folks want kids.

Some folks have their own baggage.

It is what it is.

Similarly, some folks feel uncomfortable with biologically opposite gender folks in their bathroom/shower.

We are starting to see single occupancy bathrooms that are marked as being for both genders. That’s probably your answer for the whole trans locker room thing.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, trans people in womens sports. This needs to stop. I dont care what you want to become but men need to compete against men and vice versa. Being a man and out swimming a bunch of girls im not so sure is an achievement. People can do what they want and to be honest i support it. lets be honest for a minute though, a biological man is a man and vice versa. That we cant change.