THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    NYC files $700mm lawsuit against Abbott's bus companies

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC files $700mm lawsuit against Abbott's bus companies Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This will be interesting.

https://www.expressnews.com/po...ant-bus-18589812.php

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15109 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Abbott will just use tax dollars to pay any judgement, it's the Republican Way.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Abbott will just use tax dollars to pay any judgement, it's the Republican Way.

I don't think the State of Texas has any liability for wrongful acts by the bus companies. Which is the point. Smart move by NYC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't the bus companies third-party Texas? I think that's what I would do.

Posts: 6134 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Why wouldn't the bus companies third-party Texas? I think that's what I would do.

They'll wave their contracts and say they did exactly what Abbott paid them to do.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Abbott will just use tax dollars to pay any

judgement, it's the Republican Way.

You mean like how Dumocrats use tax dollars to pay for housing phones etc for illegals? Like that champ?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Is Texas required to take in the millions of illegals? Is Texas a sanctuary state?

It's my understanding NYC and many other large American cities have declared quite loudly that they are 'sanctuary' cities and come one and all. I don't understand their problem?

Also, it's my understanding that Slowbiden sends illegals to NYC and a lot of other places on the third shift. Is this why it is okay for the Feds but not Texas- shipping on first shift?

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
If I was Abbott I would buy some buses and hire state employees to drive them. Screw NY.

Mike

Posts: 21234 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
If I was Abbott I would buy some buses and hire state employees to drive them. Screw NY.

Except it's illegal to bring anyone into New York if they will become "a public charge".

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Let NY sue TX. Besides I thought you and Mitchell said all these folks are chomping at the bit to go to work. If that’s true they’re not public charges. TX is doing NY a favor to get them the workers they need for their economy to thrive. If illegal immigration is good for TX it’s good for NY, IL, etc. Some of y’all are starting to sound a bit like hypocrites.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let NY sue TX. Besides I thought you and Mitchell said all these folks are chomping at the bit to go to work. If that’s true they’re not public charges. TX is doing NY a favor to get them the workers they need for their economy to thrive. If illegal immigration is good for TX it’s good for NY, IL, etc. Some of y’all are starting to sound a bit like hypocrites.

Immigration has a LONG way to go to be as big a threat to American democracy as MAGA is.

I don't have anything cached in the woods in case of immigrants.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . why not address both? Why give the immigration problem a pass? Again, starting to sound like Lane’s shadow, every issue is binary.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . why not address both? Why give the immigration problem a pass? Again, starting to sound like Lane’s shadow, every issue is binary.

The President is trying to effectively address it with more agents, more asylum officers and more immigration judges, but he can't appropriate money, and the House Republicans just want to bitch about it without actually doing anything about it and depriving themselves of an issue since the economy is running on all cylinders and crime rates are falling; immigration and lies are all they have left.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . sounds like lies are the coin of the realm for all those that are ventriloquist dummies for the Dem and Rep parties.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . sounds like lies are the coin of the realm for all those that are ventriloquist dummies for the Dem and Rep parties.

And your solution?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . asked and answered.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Immigration has a LONG way to go to be as big a threat to American democracy as MAGA is.

I don't have anything cached in the woods in case of immigrants.

You better think twice. Fentanyl and Suicide Vests inbound to your location via the southern border.

Ill say it again, I'm glad I've got Canada and it's border between you and me.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
How stupid1

Again, only ones benefit from this are the bloody human vermin!

New York stated it was a sanctuary city.

Why are they changing their minds? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Governmental immunity? How would the state waive it's liability under the TTCA?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good republican boy that you are.....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Abbot is an idiot.

But he is absolutely right in doing this!

Sanctuary cities rejoice!

You are getting what you have asked for!

Bloody lefties!

Too stupid to stand on two legs! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

clap

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Governmental immunity? How would the state waive its liability under the TTCA?

In Alaska, where I practiced, sovereign immunity doesn't apply to contract actions. I bet the bus companies have contracts with Texas.

Posts: 6134 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are doing such a good job…I’ll just take that jab.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Depding on where you read:
It appears Texas is only shipping between
16 to 20%
of the illegals to sanctuary cities
with the Biden admin accounting for the other 80 to 84%

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Abbot is an idiot.

Bloody lefties!

Exactly. It is a political stunt. But it is actually a political stunt that makes a point. Why should states and cities that describe themselves as sanctuary jurisdictions and sit by idly not lifting a finger to address the border situation be whining about sharing in the bounty of illegal immigrants. It is a stunt that has forced other jurisdictions that were content to sit back and watch the border crisis to get engaged in the debate. Abbott is still an idiot and complete political whore, but like a broken clock that is right two times a day, he got this one right.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not STARTING to sound like hypocrites....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep. The cabbage in Central Park is almost ready for harvest.

How many and where are these people needed? Who is hiring them and for what purpose?

IMO we don't need as many as are coming through. Considering many are families it looks like you need to bring in 4-5 in order to fill one job opening.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tejas likely has enough illegals for its own agriculture, enough converted chicken houses to get them housed at night, no need for the overage.

Migrating Californios seem to be ok, as long as they bring enough cash to buy houses and 50-state-legal cars.

Having babbled that, where are the new ones supposed to sleep? Housing isn't being built fast enough anywhwere and cities with a lot of vacant housing (Bsltimore and Detroit, as examples) don't have enough jobs for their current residents.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm just going to go on record that I spent the last couple of days in Brownsville, Texas. Ground Zero for the crisis.

Ate at several restaurants, drove all over the city in Uber's. Stayed at a Fairfield Inn. Went to a funeral out in the country. Drove all over the city doing various chores.

I didn't see any crisis. Things seemed normal. I was in the 10% minority as non-hispanic but nobody gave a shit. Every place I went was just the same as being in Dallas. Probably better because of the lack of snob assholes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, we have a bipartisan bill setting on the House in Committee being the Dignity Act.

Posts: 10917 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Immigrants pick our food so we can eat. There is something wrong with all of you whackos.

https://www.fwd.us/news/immigr...on-5-things-to-know/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Immigrants pick our food so we can eat. There is something wrong with all of you whackos.

I don't think anyone has a problem with migrant workers. You know those that come here legally and then go home.....those that don't count on our social security net.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, I spent this past weekend in Brownsville, Texas. Ground Zero for the supposed "crisis". Went to my friend's father's funeral, hit several bars and restaurants. Ate at La Pampa, the best steakhouse in town and I'd be astonished if any server in there was legal. They barely spoke english and just serving us and trying to do their jobs to earn some money. We were the only white people in the place and they couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating.

All this demonization of immigrants is wrong and misplaced. But, you all carry on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Abbot is an idiot.

Bloody lefties!

Exactly. It is a political stunt. But it is actually a political stunt that makes a point. Why should states and cities that describe themselves as sanctuary jurisdictions and sit by idly not lifting a finger to address the border situation be whining about sharing in the bounty of illegal immigrants. It is a stunt that has forced other jurisdictions that were content to sit back and watch the border crisis to get engaged in the debate. Abbott is still an idiot and complete political whore, but like a broken clock that is right two times a day, he got this one right.

He got shit right. Using these poor immigrant folks as political pawns so republicans like you could make just the sort of statement above. Justifies you voting for him and shit-heel corrupt republicans like Paxton again. It's why Texas is a republican wasteland.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . you got any room at the house?

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Using these poor immigrant folks as political pawns so republicans like you could make just the sort of statement above.

you know, i don't think we've had discussions on the racism of low expectations ....

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38501 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

I don't think anyone has a problem with migrant workers. You know those that come here legally and then go home.....those that don't count on our social security net.....

I have the impression that Social Security doesn't pay out much if you didn't pay in much.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote