Find
Notify
Tools

Educated idiots Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
For a month after EPA was sent there, they told everyone to return to their normal lives, everything was safe.
FOI request showed epa took surface sample only, of the water in the creeks, to report it was safe from toxins. If you read the links in the link you posted, they admit to that under fOI requests.
Then the EPA went back to say, oh, dont go in the creeks.
I dont blame you for not having a TV, mostly trash anyway!

I have never watched a minute of a "reality show" or a Kardashian.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i once had a CHP commercial truck inspector pull me in for being 175# overweight on my steer axle tires. i tried to explain that that was barely over the manufacturer's weight limit but she wouldn't hear of it. She asked me where I went to school at. Evidently 25 years of experience was worth nothing compared to what she learned from an instructor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there some part of the word "limit" that you don't get? "Limit" is not a suggestion.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And 175# is well within the margin of error on commercial vehicle scales.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I built truck scales in East Moline, Illinois in the early 70's at Fairbanks-Morse for a few years. Our margin of error was 2 lbs per thousand or less.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 788:
i once had a CHP commercial truck inspector pull me in for being 175# overweight on my steer axle tires. i tried to explain that that was barely over the manufacturer's weight limit but she wouldn't hear of it. She asked me where I went to school at. Evidently 25 years of experience was worth nothing compared to what she learned from an instructor.

In 30 years I never ran across a diesel cop that didn't allow a 200 pound cushion as long as you weren't over gross, or didn't pop off as a smart ass telling them what they had to do.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote