New
Find
Notify
Tools

This damnable border issue Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Some want to blame Biden. I blame the whole damned mess in Congress as well as the White House.
Here is a snippet I got from a good friend who retired from the Border Patrol after a career in Texas and who knows whereof he speaks:

"Since October 1, 2023, the Swanton Sector Border Patrol Agents have apprehended more than 3,100 foreign nationals from 55 countries. That is more than all the apprehensions from 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019 - combined!
Anyone who wants to argue that the border is secure is a moron."

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Will agree with you Bill generally about the border mess belonging to Congress; when the Rs had control nothing got fixed. With the Ds in control nothing gets fixed. But for special interest lobbyists Congress would fix it later this morning but they will not.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Since October 1, 2023, the Swanton Sector Border Patrol Agents have apprehended more than 3,100 foreign nationals from 55 countries. That is more than all the apprehensions from 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019 - combined!
Anyone who wants to argue that the border is secure is a moron."

"apprehended" hummm

How many got away?

Which is indicative of "secure border"?

Within the bill proposed by Biden admin is more funding for border security.

Who has stonewalled it specifically for strategic political gain reasons, rather than practical?

Biden even invited Trump to join him when they made their photo-op visit at the same time, so they could find a solution together. Of course, Trump declined.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19748 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What would the extra funding be used for? This has to be the main concern. Measures such as Obama's "Friendship Fence" or Donald's wall are only window dressing. I believe Mexico should face economic sanctions, up to and including a trade embargo, until they fix the problem on their side. After that, a sensible immigration policy can be instituted. One thing which has to change in Central America is the Catholic Church "breed like rats" doctrine. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm different.....

All the laws are,in place to protect our border. We had serious,laws passed when President Reagan was duped by the democrats to sign the amnesty.

The,laws,have not been enforced by our EXECUTIVE branch.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote