New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Lane: What does the GOP stand for? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Again for the umpteenth time…you put words in my mouth.

I never said “go away!” I said: “dwindle in priority for the GOP.”

The SCOTUS ‘rightfully’ sent it back to the Legislative Branch where it belongs. Abortion is NOT a Constitutionally protected right.

I am sure there will be bills written on the subject continually…that is the correct process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, I said it is not going to dwindle, but magnify, intensify, and expand.

Why not return those firearm rights back to the states? Like the founders intended. Firearms was not a right protected by the Fed Government against state legislatures either. If we won’t go follow original intent.

Answer: You like those.

You are right, as of Dobbs Abortion is no longer a Federally protected right.

There will be bills and pressure on Congress and the Courts to created a “national right to unborn life.” That will ban contraception provided healthcare plans, Federal Protections for abortion, and state protections for abortion.

There is no dwindling. This is the beginning.

The best part is. These will Crete new cases to overturn Dobbs.

Abortion, is and will continue to be part of every election going forward. It is in this Presidential Election.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

There will be bills written and debated no doubt.

Why not return those firearm rights back to the states? Like the founders intended. Firearms was not a right protected by the Fed Government against state legislatures either. If we won’t go follow original intent.

I am not against incorporation for those rights specifically spelled out in the Constitution or even for Federal legislatively enacted laws deemed Constitutional by the SC.

There is NO verbiage on abortion in the Constitution.

Should have never been. Thank you Justice Alito.

There will be bills and pressure on Congress and the Courts to created a “national right to unborn life.”

Maybe there should be. Isn’t debate welcome?

That will ban contraception provided healthcare plans,

If you are speaking about 0bamacare (Federally subsidized healthcare…maybe. But the Government should not be paying for contraception.

Otherwise you are fear mongering here about contraception.

Federal Protections for abortion,

Gone now.

and state protections for abortion.

I am fine with State legislatures deciding until the Fed legislature acts…IF they ever do.

Time will tell.

Abortion, is and will continue to be part of every election going forward. It is in this Presidential Election.

Just less than in the past on the GOP side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

There will be bills written and debated no doubt.

I am not against incorporation for those rights specifically spelled out in the Constitution or even for Federal legislatively enacted laws deemed Constitutional by the SC.

There is NO verbiage on abortion in the Constitution.

Should have never been. Thank you Justice Alito.

There will be bills and pressure on Congress and the Courts to created a “national right to unborn life.”

Maybe there should be. Isn’t debate welcome?

That will ban contraception provided healthcare plans,

If you are speaking about 0bamacare (Federally subsidized healthcare…maybe. But the Government should not be paying for contraception.

Otherwise you are fear mongering here about contraception.

Federal Protections for abortion,

Gone now.

and state protections for abortion.

I am fine with State legislatures deciding until the Fed legislature acts…IF they ever do.

Time will tell.

Just less than in the past on the GOP side.

Lane -

This is so predictable. The leftist ALWAYS claim constitutional rights that just aren't there, like abortion. (nowhere to be seen or inferred) Yet when rights are specifically enumerated, like the 2A, they will obfuscate and tell us what the founders actually meant.

A fantastic read called "The 5000 Year Leap" was written to specifically address leftist like the ones in here.

It lays out the chronological order by way of letters and the federalist papers that show the intent of why they wrote the constitution the way they did. There really is no ambiguity.

The one the left leans on the most is "This is not a Christian Nation." and/or "The founders were deists." It very clearly explains that religion, is an important part of building a moral and lawful society.

They can argue all they want with tired old arguments about the verbiage of the 2A, but show me the exact verbiage of how abortions are protected? As such - since it is not specifically enumerated, it goes back to the states, which is constitutionally exactly what should happen.

I consider myself a common sense, constitutional absolutist.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are no right la spelled out in the Constitution. The only rights were those limited to the Federal Government in the Bill of Rights.

The Constitution itself defines broadly the Federal Government. Otherwise, the Common would be hundreds of pages long. Some Constitutions do so define.

The Bill of Rights specifically the 2nd Amendment was not intended to be a limitation upon State legislatures.

You may not like it, but that is the truth I have proven before with Supreme Court Caselaw back to the 1830s. I am not going to post it again. Go look it up yourself.

What you think the Bill of Rights and the Constitution was is not so.

It took Judicial Application through both the Fundamental Rights Doctrine and the Incorporation Doctrine to extend the Bill of Rights against the state legislatures.

Privacy Right at common law were used to Incorporate the 4the Amendment against the states.

It is so predictable that folks on the far right do not know S. Ct. application and evolution of the Bill of Rights beyond false NRA bumper stickers.

Go read Dobbs. That language of “unintended consequences” is right there fur the next major little to Unincorporate the 2nd Amendment.

Dr. Easter abortion is alive and well in this GOP presidential nomination. The issue is not dwindling.

Of fact, you are one of the folks who are pushing a National Right to Unborn Life law. That will act as a ban on abortions and contraception across the states.

You said contraception would not be targeted. We have posted Federal Cases from Texas targeting contraception access.

Again, the last election cycles and this presidential nomination and elections show Dr. Easter incorrect that the issue is dwindling.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote