Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House passes a bill to avert shutdown Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Speaker Johnson had to rely upon Dem votes to pass the funding measure. Rep members walked away.

So, does this mean Johnson is a traitor and should face a motion to vacate for working w Dems to pass a funding measure that has new spending?

Posts: 10962 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Passed a bipartisan bills, that both sides can work with, except the extremist? I don't care for johnson, but that sure seems like a win-win for all sides ...

you know, country over party

yeah, i know, 90+ GOP voted against it -- they fall into my "extremist" count

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny how when you catch the tiger like Johnson has, you have to deal with the tiger.

You know actually provide for a functioning partner in government.

Posts: 10962 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I think he just did - reached across the aisle, made a deal, got it done, and pencil whipped a paper tiger

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am agree w you.

I love the irony of Speaker Johnson’s situation.

I am challenging those who agreed with or were okay w McCarty getting the ax for this to come forward.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Kevin setup his own fall when he allowed for single member to call for his ousting - and if that's still in place, i expect a call for it in the morning, well, more likely afternoon

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once again, we agree as the proposition relates to McCarty setting up the bird for his own fall. As James Carville said of that situation, “ McCarty has turned the Speakership into a warm bucket of spit.”

As of Nov 6, the one member rule is still in effect.

https://www.politico.com/news/...er-mccarthy-00125016

I do not think the Fool Caucus has the brass to do this again.

1) The GOP knows that the last move was unpopular. 2) They know that if they push it again, not only the GOP as a while will be blamed, they will open themselves to well-funded primary challenge. 3) Another such move will alienate fence sitting members to the moderate camp. Thus , positioning a moderate to take the Speakership. 5) The attempt to remove would result in this rule actually getting changed.

They maybe stupid, but they can’t be that dumb.

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Once again, we agree as the proposition relates to McCarty setting up the bird for his own fall. As James Carville said of that situation, “ McCarty has turned the Speakership into a warm bucket of spit.”

As of Nov 6, the one member rule is still in effect.

https://www.politico.com/news/...er-mccarthy-00125016

I do not think the Fool Caucus has the brass to do this again.

1) The GOP knows that the last move was unpopular. 2) They know that if they push it again, not only the GOP as a while will be blamed, they will open themselves to well-funded primary challenge. 3) Another such move will alienate fence sitting members to the moderate camp. Thus , positioning a moderate to take the Speakership. 5) The attempt to remove would result in this rule actually getting changed.

They maybe stupid, but they can’t be that dumb.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Posts: 7494 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again??? Confused Let's be honest, the US government has become totally dysfunctional.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1605 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's the same thing tuff-guy Kevin got the boot over....fucking morons.