Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Border is "powder keg" says Oklahoma governor Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Here we go. Someone (a republican governor, not surprisingly) is talking about a "force on force" armed conflict between the feds and the Texas National Guard and DPS.

All of this over a fake crisis about immigrants who want to come to our country to work.

Thanks, republicans. barf

https://www.newsweek.com/texas...vernor-warns-1864191

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15121 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Fake crisis and want to work? Your delusion knows no bounds.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Here we go. Someone (a republican governor, not surprisingly) is talking about a "force on force" armed conflict between the feds and the Texas National Guard and DPS.

All of this over a fake crisis about immigrants who want to come to our country to work.

Thanks, republicans. barf

https://www.newsweek.com/texas...vernor-warns-1864191

If they are going to fight Armored Divisions those Guard units should be taking something a bit beefier than HUMMVees.

Of course, Joe can simply Federalize them with a wave of his hand and order them to remove the illegal barriers...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, let us relitigate and reignite the Nullification Crisis. Settled law since 1830s means nothing.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt the Texas Guard and Rangers will demonstrate the same bravery in the face of Federal forces the Texas police showed at Uvalde.

Where the Border Patrol team finally had to go in because everybody else was pissing themselves because one guy had a rifle.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

Exactly.

If he hadn’t added that totally delusional comment…the conversation would have been worth contributing to.

I actually know the Kevin Stitt…good fellow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36637 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is delusional is the proposition that Texas be permitted to defy the Supreme Court and the Constitution vesting thus power within the sole discretion of the Federal Government.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Founding fathers defied Superpower they be British Empire
It’s in our blood to defy when we feel wronged aka border invasion/crisis and the hell with someone in power to think they know better then people on the ground/border states

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Founders created a nation of laws. They created a Constitution that gave migration and border security to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal/General Government.

They also created a Supreme Court to adjudicate and resolve these issues.

Otherwise, call a Constitutional Convention. You do not have enough states in agreement to do so. Amend the Constitution, you do not have the votes.

Secede? You lost on the battlefield. You now have Supreme Court precedent in Texas v White that no state may unilaterally secede.

Your language is stupid, dangerous, and if you really believe it start shooting.

A state being permitted to ignore the Constitution is tyranny.

Texas by the Constitution as established by over a century of Supreme Court precedent does not control migration policy. Texas does not get to declare null and void the Supreme Court, Federal Law, nor the Constitution.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Texas by the Constitution as established by over a century of Supreme Court precedent does not control migration policy. Texas does not get to declare null and void the Supreme Court, Federal Law, nor the Constitution.

take your misplaced passion and go after the states that are openly defying federal law and have been for decades - these so called sanctuary cities and states that openly defy actual federal law

your new found rage against Texas, due to a new development, should pale in comparison to your boiling rage against states that openly and actively defy federal laws...

i know, precious, i know, you don't feel that way about broken laws you can abide .. it's bleeding obvious

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

take your misplaced passion and go after the states that are openly defying federal law and have been for decades - these so called sanctuary cities and states that openly defy actual federal law

your new found rage against Texas, due to a new development, should pale in comparison to your boiling rage against states that openly and actively defy federal laws...

i know, precious, i know, you don't feel that way about broken laws you can abide .. it's bleeding obvious

BOOM

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36637 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Texans are such "special" snowflakes, like their cops in Uvalde, waiting for the Feds to bail them out...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:

BOOM

Show me one that is openly defying an Order of the Supreme Court. Show me one that keeps getting sued and best at the Federal Court for trying to take for itself an area of law given exclusively to the Fed Government. I hammered Alabama when they tried this over racial gerrymandering.

Take your ego and recognize Texas is not the master of this issue.

Sorry cowboy. Your state has no special privileges.

I hope President Biden has the same backbone JFK had.

I would move to show cause and hold in contempt sending Federal Marshals to arrest the Governor of Texas if the order was not followed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is delusional is the proposition that Texas be permitted to defy the Supreme Court and the Constitution vesting thus power within the sole discretion of the Federal Government.

No!

What is delusional is that the Biden administration is allowing this invasion.

Maybe our fine governor should send a few bus loads of these illegals to your neighborhood.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well said!

Little lord fontleroy is not impassioned about sanctuary cities or " legal" marijuana.....enforce all the laws.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the court would allow the states or individuals to sue over the federal government failing to fulfill their obligations under law then this would be a nonissue.

The courts kind of created this mess by stating that the states and citizens have no standing to sue over this policy due to them “not being affected” by it.

If the law is one thing and the government chooses to do another, but no one has “standing” it’s a cluster.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have a half-dozen A-10s doing low passes every hour while the 1st Cav and the 1st Armored were making their road marches toward Eagle Pass.

Christ, Texans are shit-scared of one guy with a rifle, can you imagine how they'll piss their pants facing two Armored Divisions?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They is not what they said in relation to Texas in 2022.

They said Texas did not have standing bc the border and migration were the purview of the Federal Government.

Texas has created this issue just like the South Carolina in the 1830s and the South in the 1960s by attempting to defy the Federal Government without authority under the Command to do so.

Jtex and everyone what can get mad. They can put on a cape and be super mad. Texas has no legal authority and no legitimacy in this action.

I pray they Federal Government does to Texas every time this overall issue being the Supremacy of the Federal Government at the border comes up that it has done in the past to states that thought they could defy the Common.

See JFK mobilizing 30k troops to Mississippi to enforce the Court’s order to desegregate.

That is the job mandated of a president.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

Exactly.

If he hadn’t added that totally delusional comment…the conversation would have been worth contributing to.

I actually know the Kevin Stitt…good fellow.
\

Bluefish and Lane. The brain trust.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15121 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

BOOM

nope. you are full of stuffing an dance away from the issue... are you mad a cali for being a sanctuary state? of course not, because your are being hypocritical and pathetic

I would move to show cause and hold in contempt sending Federal Marshals to arrest the Governor of Texas if the order was not followed.

you want people to die over your butthurt - get over yourself - you are WAY too ego invested in this ...

You want the federales to arrest the texas governor? really? seriously? OVER THE FEDS NOT ENFORCING IMMIGRATION LAWS? you aren't this callow of a person

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
LHeym500,
show me, explicitly because I am kind of dumb, where the Constitution grants ANY branch of the federal government to displace a duly elected state governor - you know, elections are sacrosanct, of course, unless it offends YOUR sensibilities.

Do grow up

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Let them get it done. By this time next we will definitely have straight Republican control federal government if they do.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
The President is obligated to protect the border. He has in fact, done everything to open it for free flow.

I do believe States have rights when the Fed refuses to do its job.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
The President is obligated to protect the border. He has in fact, done everything to open it for free flow.

Yeah he tore down that wall Trump built with Mexican money.

And repugs in the house killed border reform that McConnell negotiated and Trump ordered killed.

So blame the Dems, but you really know you are full of shit.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, assuming that is true, the Supreme Court has rejected this notion,

Follow the Constitution and elections have consequences.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
I would have a half-dozen A-10s doing low passes every hour while the 1st Cav and the 1st Armored were making their road marches toward Eagle Pass.

Christ, Texans are shit-scared of one guy with a rifle, can you imagine how they'll piss their pants facing two Armored Divisions?

Again the HAMAS supporter putting foreigners ahead of his own country....

Gomer is a special sort.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Assuming it true????? Really????

The president, the head of the executive branch of our government is not responsible for enforcing the laws of our country????

The president is not in charge of of protecting our borders? He is not bound to prevent an invasion of foreign citizens?

Why do we have passport control at airports? Why don't we just allow anyone to come in without passports and visas?

Why is it perfectly legal to walk across our borders but not fly in?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How so?

Did SCOTUS say that Texas could not put up fences? Did they say Texas must remove fences?

It's my understanding the reason there is a group of states forming this country is because the Fed is obligated and promised to take on several things. One of which is to protect and secure the border.
~~~~~~~~~~

Half of the states have supported this effort. Half of the states do not want illegals.

Half of the states want illegals.
Half of the states want all of us to pay for these illegals and provide their housing, feed and medical. I have never seen anything so insane.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are several clarifying and relevant recent articles:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...634e40592ab664&ei=15

Border Patrol Union Makes It Clear Some Orders Won’t Be Followed as Texas Ignores Biden’s Big Deadline
Story by Jack Davis •
1d

Meanwhile, the Border Patrol union posted a defiant message on X.

“Rank-and file BP agents are not going to start arresting TX NG members for following their LAWFUL orders. That's fake news. TX NG and rank-and-file BP agents work together and respect each other's jobs. Period,” the union posted.

“If TX NG members have LAWFUL orders, then they have to carry out those orders. TX NG members realize that rank-and-file BP agents have their orders as well. Lawful orders, no matter how unpopular or distasteful amongst rank-and-file agents, must be followed,” the post said.

Rank-and file BP agents are not going to start arresting TX NG members for following their LAWFUL orders. That's fake news.

TX NG and rank-and-file BP agents work together and respect each other's jobs. Period. If TX NG members have LAWFUL orders, then they have to carry out…

— Border Patrol Union - NBPC (@BPUnion) January 26, 2024

The post said liberals hoping for a Fort Sumter moment would be disappointed.

“Unlawful orders (as determined by competent legal counsel and not what some outhouse lawyer behind a keyboard says) will not be followed. Rank-and-file BP agents appreciate and respect what TX has been doing to defend their state in the midst of this catastrophe that the Biden Admin has unleashed on America,” the post said.

“We want to be perfectly clear, there is no fight between rank-and-file BP agents and the TX NG, Gov. Abott, or TX DPS. It may make flashy headlines, but it simply isn't true,” the post concluded.

================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...d512cdac427fff&ei=56

Biden offers fresh assurances he would shut down border 'right now' if Congress sends him a deal
Story by By ZEKE MILLER, COLLEEN LONG and MEG KINNARD, Associated Press • 16h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b9d260d7f7a4a8&ei=34

President Biden vows to 'shut down the border' if Congress passes bipartisan deal
Story by Joey Garrison, USA TODAY • 18h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...cid=socialshare&t=44

=======================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...521d00a99f36c8&ei=11

Johnson calls on Biden to take executive action on border
Story by By Giselle Ruhiyyih Ewing and Burgess Everett •
19h

===============================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...725eec5060fc6d&ei=16

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...cid=socialshare&t=36

Biden endorses emerging deal to give US new power to clamp down on border crossings
Story by By Manu Raju, CNN • 19h

=============================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...d6c8721285ae564&ei=4

What Happens if Joe Biden Tries to Take Over Texas National Guard?
Story by Ewan Palmer • 2d

===========================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cb32af8b4de43c&ei=13

Perspective: The Supreme Court has opened Pandora’s box in Texas
Story by Valerie Hudson • 14h

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19763 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote