THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Texas Lt Gov. threatens to take Biden off the ballot in Texas

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Lt Gov. threatens to take Biden off the ballot in Texas Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This is how a banana republic works.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...fter-colorado-ruling

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yep…the Democrats always lead the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Trump only claimed that Obama, and Hillary, and Ted Cruz, and Anthony Weiner should be kept off ballots, what are Democrats thinking applying the Constitution to him?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
We’ll see if the SCOTUS agrees.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

If they wait a little while they may be able to decide for Maine and California too.

The Colorado decision pointedly quoted Gorsuch when he sat on the Court of Appeals in Hassan.

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One would think the conservatives would hold themselves to a higher standard.

At least the old GOP did…

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Why, exactly, would one think that had they been paying attention?

The four Supreme Court nominees who testified, under Oath, that Roe v Wade was settled precedent until they were confirmed?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was a Republican who led the suit in CO. It was not Dems.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly!

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Exactly!

I really want to know why.

Also, I really want conservatives to absolutely know why, not based on belief, but upon facts.

The FACT is they don't hold themselves to their former standards of ethics, yet they long for the mythical old days.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Says the guy who supports the guy that tried to overturn the result of a general election.

You and yours define banana republic.

Dan Patrick is a shitlord of the highest order. An embarassment. Meaning...I'm sure you voted for him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which, by the way, is sort of the point.

Dan Patrick saying that he is going to unilaterally take the POTUS off the ballot in Texas is so stupid, it just pretty much defies description. At least in Colorado, they used the court system.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So? We thought Donkey Kong was your game of choice. Doesn't feel so good when it's shoved up your butt does it? This is like dealing with a gov't run by 8th graders. Geez!

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobster:
So? We thought Donkey Kong was your game of choice. Doesn't feel so good when it's shoved up your butt does it? This is like dealing with a gov't run by 8th graders. Geez!

quote:

You're too dumb to understand the difference between a court deciding trump shouldn't be on the ballot and a lieutenant governor deciding unilaterally?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

The FACT is they don't hold themselves to their former standards of ethics, yet they long for the mythical old days.

As I see it absolutely true and it still just really surprises me.

Posts: 9091 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes sense to me. What goes around comes around. Democrats aren't good for Texas and they aren't good for America.

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Which, by the way, is sort of the point.

Dan Patrick saying that he is going to unilaterally take the POTUS off the ballot in Texas is so stupid, it just pretty much defies description. At least in Colorado, they used the court system.

Mike,
I listened to the interview of Patrick. I think he said it tongue-in-cheek. That is my point. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let us assume it was tongues and cheek.

When a Lt Gov from a state whose state government is so antigenic to the Federal Government say such things people are going to seriously listen.

Everything cannot be and should not be made into a joke. Yet, according to you, here we are w the Republican alt Gov of Texas joking about unilaterally banning the setting President of to opposing party from the largest state in the Union.

People take and should take duck words seriously.

So, your interpretation oh his intent is no an excuse, is not justifiable, and requires full throat denouncing.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

When a Lt Gov from a state whose state government is so antigenic to the Federal Government say such things people are going to seriously listen.

Everything cannot be and should not be made into a joke. Yet, according to you, here we are w the Republican alt Gov of Texas joking about unilaterally banning the setting President of to opposing party from the largest state in the Union.

So, your interpretation oh his intent is no an excuse, is not justifiable, and requires full throat denouncing.

Dan Patrick is just the kind of piece of shit that Lane loves to worship.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

As most Constitutional Scholars I follow have opined…the danger began with this ludicrous ruling from CO.

Joking about it relegates it to is proper status.

Make no mistake however…the comment WAS tongue-in-cheek.

I am neutral on Patrick. The best thing he has going for him is that he hinders the liberal agenda.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As most Constitutional Scholars I follow have opined…the danger began with this ludicrous ruling from CO.

BS

The "danger", for lack of a better word, began long before that.

The CO ruling is just one of many, some yet to come, fallout or consequences of letting if not empowering a guy like Trump into significance.

The contest between the Rule of Law and its enemies has been an undercurrent since the nation was founded. But lately Christian Nationalism has grown in influence. The struggle will continue - no doubt.

There is a reason the issues around the 14th/s3 have been dormant for a long time. It's because no one like Trump or Trumpism has come along with an insurrection attempt.

It's there, lurking. Consider it a direct threat to Christian Nationalism.

Oh wait, you already do. Hummm

And so do I. Double Hummm Smiler

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hence why I don’t read your opinion very often. Cool

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which is why I try to make them so blunt as to be difficult to ignore. Smiler

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Albeit, usually unfounded in reality. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If my posts cause you to assess reality, then my mission is accomplished.

Even if this is true:

Republican's declaration of open-mindedness: "I've changed my views 360 degrees on this issue".

Big Grin Is your head spinning yet?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ME while you do make me think about things with regularity, it certainly isn’t because I think your conclusions are correct.

It doesn’t take much to make me question my underlying thinking… that’s having an open mind… but usually questioning it doesn’t change it.

I will grant that I have changed my mind on Trump, but not for your reasons.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the 1/24 edition of Texas Monthly. They call-out Dan Patrick for being the "Bum Steer" of the year. That's another way of calling him the biggest asshole in Texas. He and our corrupt Attorney General, Ken Paxton, are asshole-buddies. Our Lt. Governor saved Paxton from impeachment even though he knew he was guilty as hell. The MAGA Mafia running Texas is a disgrace, but loved by MAGA Morons.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Joking about it relegates it to is proper status.

Make no mistake however…the comment WAS tongue-in-cheek.

I am neutral on Patrick. The best thing he has going for him is that he hinders the liberal agenda.

Make no mistake about it the phone by the Lt. Gov doesn’t make it any better, excuse him, nor justify him.