Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This guy makes a very strong position re firearms Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 4255 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course he does.

But! Sense doesn't seem to matter any more. Self determination and personal responsibility are so old fashioned.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the taking away of which will be the death of a free humanity

Posts: 4255 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Of course he does.

But! Sense doesn't seem to matter any more. Self determination and personal responsibility are so old fashioned.....

They are old fashioned, you're right. 2020

So at what point do we start infringing on the rights of the idiots, the stupid?

I'm in the school daily and I know as well as you do that far to many use the public schools as a daycare and babysitting service. Do we allow the graduates of this system all March right off and buy Glocks and AR's? Does free speech really apply to the 21year old that was taught Ebonics or learned morality from Grand Theft Auto?

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
So at what point do we start infringing on the rights of the idiots, the stupid?

The problem here is that “the idiots, the stupid” are becoming the majority.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Amen. Look no further than the GOP primary numbers.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What will really be tell-tale sign will be the results we see the morning of Nov 6, 2024.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Agreed, and so?

I was thinking earlier today that my father's generation was the last to be taught ethics, standards and accountability in school and home, he was born in 1937.

I was born in 1968 and was taught to serve myself. "He who dies with the most toys wins!" was a sign line in my home. But I had the demonstration of the ethics of previous generations around me to observe and emulate. I was an adult when my paternal grandfather died and learned much from him as I also did my maternal grandparents.

So?

As I said, I'm in the school daily and my peers in parenting seem to use the school in a lot of cases as a daycare/ babysitting. I saw a local mom refer to herself recently as, "the cool mom," on Facebook barf

So 20 years after 9/11 these kids have the right to assemble and they disrupt Christmas and New Year's celebrations with pro Hamas demonstrations. barf

So the Pro Hamas Americans should have a 2nd Amendment? Asking for a friend of course.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both my grand and great grandfathers fought wars and came home with a big value on serving thier communities, helping build churches, community clubs. My father was police officer, and for my 21st birthday my present was a photo of my great grandfather at 21 heading off to war. I have tried to emulate them as best I could, but society has changed so much and its not all to blame on parents. people have so many new things to deal with now that our brains have not adapted too the new way social interactions happen. And on one hand its great that we have all had it easier than they did. But that brings challenges of a different kind.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:

Agreed, and so?

I was thinking earlier today that my father's generation was the last to be taught ethics, standards and accountability in school and home, he was born in 1937.

I was born in 1968 and was taught to serve myself. "He who dies with the most toys wins!" was a sign line in my home. But I had the demonstration of the ethics of previous generations around me to observe and emulate. I was an adult when my paternal grandfather died and learned much from him as I also did my maternal grandparents.

So?

As I said, I'm in the school daily and my peers in parenting seem to use the school in a lot of cases as a daycare/ babysitting. I saw a local mom refer to herself recently as, "the cool mom," on Facebook barf

So 20 years after 9/11 these kids have the right to assemble and they disrupt Christmas and New Year's celebrations with pro Hamas demonstrations. barf

So the Pro Hamas Americans should have a 2nd Amendment? Asking for a friend of course.

I wrote earlier, a thread about the divide in America. Some of your post above would fall into highlighting traditional America and the break with it leading the formation of the now widening crevasse.

The fact that we even have pro-Hamas Americans should be a wake-up call and is a symptom of our decline you are eluding to above. The fact that we even have pro-Hamas Americans is frightening to me…as frightening as listening to Mitchell talk about “embracing” an open southern border.

“Pro-Hamas American” registers as an oxymoron in my brain. And being one puts a person across a line I would be willing to fight for.

That said, in America today there is no way to discriminate against a pro-Hamas American in freedoms and laws…you can thank the ilk of Lhyem500 for being at that place.

Thus, I would rather the Pro-Hamas American have a gun than me NOT have one. But no, in a perfect world, they should not. Albeit in a perfect world their would be no Hamas much less pro-Hamas Americans.

J. Lane Easter, DVM