THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Colorado Supreme Court Rules That Leading an Insurrection is Bad
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Supreme Court Rules That Leading an Insurrection is Bad Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Kicked Trump off the ballot.

Now it's the U,S, Supreme Court's problem.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
And who pronounced it an insurrection exactly?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Colorado looks like they need more wolves

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
More money for the bloody lawyers! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
And who pronounced it an insurrection exactly?

The District Court that the 4 Republicans and two unaffiliated voters filed suit in.

And by upholding the lower Court's ruling on it, the Colorado Supreme Court.

Posts: 9565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
POS should be in jail.

Posts: 15874 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
POS should be in jail.

He will be.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Is Trump a Confederate?

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can one be an insurrectionist and not a Confederate?

Legitimate question as the Insurrection Clause was directed at ex-Confederates.

The highest Court in CO says one can so be an insurrectionist in the sense of the 14th Amendment and not a Confederate. I do not so reason, but here we are.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Is Trump a Confederate?

No.

Trump is all for TRUMP.

The stupid arse hole only cares about himself.

What does one expect froma draft dodging coward?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

The highest Court in CO says one can so be an insurrectionist in the sense of the 14th Amendment and not a Confederate. I do not so reason, but here we are.

You know what word does not appear in the text of the 14th Amendment?

Confederate. And they well knew how to spell it.

It doesn't bar Confederates, it bars insurrectionists.

posted Hide Post
Looking at the actual ruling it doesn’t look so final (pages 8-9 of the ruling):

“We are also cognizant that we travel in uncharted territory, and that this
case presents several issues of first impression. But for our resolution of the
Electors’ challenge under the Election Code, the Secretary would be required to
include President Trump’s name on the 2024 presidential primary ballot.

Therefore, to maintain the status quo pending any review by the U.S. Supreme
Court, we stay our ruling until January 4, 2024 (the day before the Secretary’s
deadline to certify the content of the presidential primary ballot). If review is
sought in the Supreme Court before the stay expires on January 4, 2024, then the
stay shall remain in place, and the Secretary will continue to be required to include
President Trump’s name on the 2024 presidential primary ballot, until the receipt
of any order or mandate from the Supreme Court.”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rock63:
Looking at the actual ruling it doesn’t look so final (pages 8-9 of the ruling):

“We are also cognizant that we travel in uncharted territory, and that this
case presents several issues of first impression. But for our resolution of the
Electors’ challenge under the Election Code, the Secretary would be required to
include President Trump’s name on the 2024 presidential primary ballot.

Therefore, to maintain the status quo pending any review by the U.S. Supreme
Court, we stay our ruling until January 4, 2024 (the day before the Secretary’s
deadline to certify the content of the presidential primary ballot). If review is
sought in the Supreme Court before the stay expires on January 4, 2024, then the
stay shall remain in place, and the Secretary will continue to be required to include
President Trump’s name on the 2024 presidential primary ballot, until the receipt
of any order or mandate from the Supreme Court.”

It was never going to be final until the U.S. Supreme Court either accepts and hears it or denies cert.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

You are correct. However, like 2nd, one should not disassociate the text with the historical context. The historical context was to bar ex-Confederate officers and government officials. Just my take. Can we extrapolate that principle to a more modern fact pattern that is just short of armed rebellion; maybe?
I would not.

Despite all President Trump, and to me, more importantly did not do on Jan 6. No one has accused him of coordinating with the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys.

Now, if President Trump had so coordinated or ordered the DC Guard to seize the Joint Session of Congress to prevent a transition of power, I would agree with applying the Insurrection Clause.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

You are correct. However, like 2nd, one should not disassociate the text with the historical context. The historical context was to bar ex-Confederate officers and government officials. Just my take. Can we extrapolate that principle to a more modern fact pattern that is just short of armed rebellion; maybe?
I would not.

Despite all President Trump, and to me, more importantly did not do on Jan 6. No one has accused him of coordinating with the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys.

Now, if President Trump had so coordinated or ordered the DC Guard to seize the Joint Session of Congress to prevent a transition of power, I would agree with applying the Insurrection Clause.

The Courts in Colorado that have heard the evidence disagree.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Right. Piglosi withholding sending the national guard, Trump telling people to go home before people entered the Capitol, Capitol police holding doors open and showing people around yup a real insurrection. No one in that entire group had any way to actually seize the government. Were there some knuckleheads? You bet. Insurrection? Hardly. Manufactured? You betcha. You wanna see real fireworks? Keep Trump off the ballot. But no matter the great experiment will continue somehow. Some of us may no longer recognize it is all as the country it once was.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This won't stand up. I predict SCOTUS will reverse.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
This won't stand up. I predict SCOTUS will reverse.

This. And that will only make him stronger. He can claim he is innocent and persecuted, etc. Plays right into his hands.

Posts: 315 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All things like this will do is anger the populace. They want to pick from who is running to lead the country. That is the American way. What's not the American way is a court or other govt entity telling you what you can or cannot do.

This will die for sure. It is wrong. I believe illegal as well.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
All things like this will do is anger the populace. They want to pick from who is running to lead the country. That is the American way. What's not the American way is a court or other govt entity telling you what you can or cannot do.

No. Only the retards who worship this dumb bastard.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, we can't have the government telling us what we can or cannot do, unless it's icky gay people, or abortion, or getting a good education for kids...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dunno about that.

Lots of Democrats while they despise Trump do see this as overreach.

I actually agree that doing this strengthens Trump. Anyone who even is on the fence about him will be inclined to vote for him over this stunt of trying to get your way via the courts.

I don’t know what SCOTUS will do, but to me it’s pretty hard for someone to claim they don’t know what Trump stands for and if the majority vote for him, that says something about both parties and our political dysfunction.

God help us all.
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
quote:

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Dunno about that.

Lots of Democrats while they despise Trump do see this as overreach.

I actually agree that doing this strengthens Trump. Anyone who even is on the fence about him will be inclined to vote for him over this stunt of trying to get your way via the courts.

I don’t know what SCOTUS will do, but to me it’s pretty hard for someone to claim they don’t know what Trump stands for and if the majority vote for him, that says something about both parties and our political dysfunction.

God help us all.
quote:
quote:

Poppycock:
quote:

A new YouGov poll finds the majority of Americans, 54%, support the Colorado Supreme Court’s Tuesday decision that Donald Trump is ineligible to appear on that state’s 2024 primary ballot, because he engaged in insurrection. In a further hit to the twice-impeached former president, the poll found barely more than one-third, just 35%, disagreed with that ruling...

A whopping 84% of Democrats, 48% of independents, and even almost one in four Republicans, 24%, agreed with the decision to remove Trump.

Link

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Let's see, rely on the uber partisan J6 committee for "insurrection" conclusion, forfeit procedural due process. Yup, got it. Nope, DJT can't be on the ballot. Case closed. Uh-huh. See you at SCOTUS. Dipshits.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
THIS IS TREASON!!! Colorado is a Threat to Democracy!!!.....

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the point is that we follow the law.

Here's the legal analysis, or at least one viewpoint on it, as to why the Colorado court decision will not survive scrutiny by the SCOTUS. It's the kind of maddening legal shit that makes people crazy....but, words mean something and the SCOTUS has already decided what "an officer" of the US is within the meaning of the Consitution. And, trump aint it.

>>>>The Colorado Supreme Court ruled the office of the president falls under the insurrection clause, which states those who previously took oaths to support the Constitution as a “member of Congress,” “officer of the United States,” “member of any State legislature” or an “executive or judicial officer of any State” cannot engage in a rebellion against it.

“The real key issue in this case is — is Trump an officer in the United States in the context in which that term is used in the Article 3 of the 14th Amendment,” Cobb said. “And in 2010, Chief Justice [John] Roberts explained in free enterprise that people don’t vote for officers of the United States.”

Cobb went on to reference multiple Supreme Court decisions that do not conclude officers include the president or vice president in this context.

https://thehill.com/regulation...14th-amendment-case/

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cobb said. “And in 2010, Chief Justice [John] Roberts explained in free enterprise that people don’t vote for officers of the United States.”

So, Cobb and Roberts think people don't vote for "officers"; "members of Congress"?

I think Ty Cobb is full of chit.

Also:

"The vice president is also an officer in the legislative branch, as the president of the Senate. In this capacity, the vice president is empowered to preside over the United States Senate, but may not vote except to cast a tie-breaking vote."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ie%2Dbreaking%20vote.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And for all the 'retards' who didn't vote for him would have realized if they had, we'd be just about done with him forever if he got his second term. Now, he's running again and is more popular than ever because of what the opposing 'retards' are doing.

My guess is some rabid 'retard' is going to try and pop him.

Anyway, just refer to my banana republic flag.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess is some rabid 'retard' is going to try and pop him.

Let's ALL hope not.

He needs to lose the old-fashioned way, within the full meaning of the rule of law, since by his actions he chose that path.

Losing at the polls is ok with me too.

He's a loser and that needs to be played out fully, taking the GOP with him of course.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And for all the 'retards' who didn't vote for him would have realized if they had, we'd be just about done with him forever if he got his second term. Now, he's running again and is more popular than ever because of what the opposing 'retards' are doing.

That's utter BS.

Why oh why would any retard vote for him just to be done with him in four more years?

And the damage he would do with four years would be so significant that we would really never be done with him.

Get it straight Ann. He popular not because of the opposition. Those who really see what he is and represents include the opposition and the enablers.

The supporters/enablers see what he is and wants to do, and they like it, for many reasons, but one primary reason is they hate the opposition and want someone, anyone, any means, to MAKE THEM WRONG.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good read if not ABP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...50cc4194ab7391&ei=20

I sometimes wonder in divided/split opinion cases how half of a group of supposedly educated and knowledgeable individuals can look at a tree and see a tree and know that it's a tree while the other half sees a carrot.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1168 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I referred my questions about the decision to a close friend (high school classmate) who retired from the state appellate court bench two years ago. His response follows below:

I do not profess to be the qualified critic of the opinion. With that said, I thought more of the Colorado judiciary. I do think that Boatright’s and Samour’s dissents were quite good, and I am hopeful they grab the attention of SCOTUS.

I am troubled by several things:

1. To “find” by clear and convincing evidence that Trump engaged in insurrection is simply crazy. Appellate courts do not “find” facts - we don’t have a witness stand. We rely on the record. For the court to have been persuaded by what an expert witness in sociology said in the court below, namely, opining as to what Trump meant by his comments, is surreal. I laughed aloud when I read the excerpt about the expert’s testimony. Expert witnesses are notorious. They can even be convinced to testify that the world’s oceans will rise 12 feet by 2010.

2. Trump was never charged with any crime and certainly had no due process to confront accusers or otherwise defend himself. How can the Colorado Supreme Court conclude that Trump engaged in an insurrection without an indictment, a plea and a trial? That the District Court so found is, in my opinion, reversible error.

3. Section 3 of the 14th Amendment says that no person shall be a “Senator or Representative in Congress, or an elector of President or Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State Legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to Support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof, But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.”

This section raises several issues. First, recognize that its purpose was to bar those who fought with the Confederate Army from serving in the government. Second, assuming this section is viable and applicable today, is it applicable to Trump’s escapades? Third, is the section self-executing? Meaning, essentially, does the section automatically bar a misfeasor or does the Congress have to act to employ the section as a remedy? The simple answer to this is decided by a case known as the Griffin case decided in 1868. The gist of the case is the section is not self-executing. Then there is the issue of federal jurisdiction. Can the section be used by a state government to bar candidates from state ballots? In 132 pages (I am not kidding) the Court engages in a tortuous, serpentine analysis that concludes a local rule (designed for summary disposition of applicants for ballot placement) can miraculously append itself to section 3 and self-execute to bar those who have engaged in insurrection. And, beyond that, a former President is one of those, i.e., an officer who has sworn an oath and engaged in insurrection.” Finding- yes finding - that Trump is an officer (something the district court was loathe to do), the court concludes that Trump engaged in insurrection and is thus barred by the 14th Amendment from placement on the primary ballot. Forgive me from generalizing, but my experience is that 100-plus-page judicial opinions often signal an author who is trying too hard to support his position.

I am no fan of Trump. But I am a fan of due process and fair play. One local commentator said it well: The Colorado Supreme Court is barring me from not voting for the candidate I wouldn’t vote for.

Of course, the First Amendment issues were simply swept under the rug. And as for the Griffin case, the court simply brushed it aside as well opting not to follow and to falsely distinguish the old post-bellum case.

In short, I am embarrassed by this decision.

Posts: 315 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
Good read if not ABP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...50cc4194ab7391&ei=20

I sometimes wonder in divided/split opinion cases how half of a group of supposedly educated and knowledgeable individuals can look at a tree and see a tree and know that it's a tree while the other half sees a carrot.

Some Judges seek to find what the Law requires, others are just looking for a desired result.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some Judges seek to find what the Law requires, others are just looking for a desired result.

Where do conservative textualists fit? Wink

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

That's utter BS.

Why oh why would any retard vote for him just to be done with him in four more years?

And the damage he would do with four years would be so significant that we would really never be done with him.

Get it straight Ann. He popular not because of the opposition. Those who really see what he is and represents include the opposition and the enablers.

The supporters/enablers see what he is and wants to do, and they like it, for many reasons, but one primary reason is they hate the opposition and want someone, anyone, any means, to MAKE THEM WRONG.

You are not a forward thinker at all. We'd be done not only of Trump but 0biden, who's brain is in advanced rot. So because most people cannot think forward we will be stuck with either one of them another 4 years.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

Where do conservative textualists fit? Wink

Find me one and I'll let you know.

Nothing in the Constitution changed affecting Roe v Wade between when that decision was handed down and when it was overturned, but the composition of the Court did. Four of the Justices that voted to overturn testified at their confirmation hearings, under Oath, that it was settled precedent that had withstood many challenges, and some used the term "super-precedent", while knowing they would vote to overturn it at the first opportunity. It was a large part of what they were put there to do.

They call themselves textualists.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P. Jilek:
I referred my questions about the decision to a close friend (high school classmate) who retired from the state appellate court bench two years ago. His response follows below:

I do not profess to be the qualified critic of the opinion. With that said, I thought more of the Colorado judiciary. I do think that Boatright’s and Samour’s dissents were quite good, and I am hopeful they grab the attention of SCOTUS.

I am troubled by several things:

1. To “find” by clear and convincing evidence that Trump engaged in insurrection is simply crazy. Appellate courts do not “find” facts - we don’t have a witness stand. We rely on the record. For the court to have been persuaded by what an expert witness in sociology said in the court below, namely, opining as to what Trump meant by his comments, is surreal. I laughed aloud when I read the excerpt about the expert’s testimony. Expert witnesses are notorious. They can even be convinced to testify that the world’s oceans will rise 12 feet by 2010.

2. Trump was never charged with any crime and certainly had no due process to confront accusers or otherwise defend himself. How can the Colorado Supreme Court conclude that Trump engaged in an insurrection without an indictment, a plea and a trial? That the District Court so found is, in my opinion, reversible error.

3. Section 3 of the 14th Amendment says that no person shall be a “Senator or Representative in Congress, or an elector of President or Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State Legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to Support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof, But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.”

This section raises several issues. First, recognize that its purpose was to bar those who fought with the Confederate Army from serving in the government. Second, assuming this section is viable and applicable today, is it applicable to Trump’s escapades? Third, is the section self-executing? Meaning, essentially, does the section automatically bar a misfeasor or does the Congress have to act to employ the section as a remedy? The simple answer to this is decided by a case known as the Griffin case decided in 1868. The gist of the case is the section is not self-executing. Then there is the issue of federal jurisdiction. Can the section be used by a state government to bar candidates from state ballots? In 132 pages (I am not kidding) the Court engages in a tortuous, serpentine analysis that concludes a local rule (designed for summary disposition of applicants for ballot placement) can miraculously append itself to section 3 and self-execute to bar those who have engaged in insurrection. And, beyond that, a former President is one of those, i.e., an officer who has sworn an oath and engaged in insurrection.” Finding- yes finding - that Trump is an officer (something the district court was loathe to do), the court concludes that Trump engaged in insurrection and is thus barred by the 14th Amendment from placement on the primary ballot. Forgive me from generalizing, but my experience is that 100-plus-page judicial opinions often signal an author who is trying too hard to support his position.

I am no fan of Trump. But I am a fan of due process and fair play. One local commentator said it well: The Colorado Supreme Court is barring me from not voting for the candidate I wouldn’t vote for.

Of course, the First Amendment issues were simply swept under the rug. And as for the Griffin case, the court simply brushed it aside as well opting not to follow and to falsely distinguish the old post-bellum case.

In short, I am embarrassed by this decision.

Regarding the First Amendment: FREE SPEECH HAS CONSEQUENCES. Just because you have the right to say something doesn't mean that you can do so with NO RISK TO YOURSELF. Of course we all know that or all should know that.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1168 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
just a simple question - when was Trump's due-process TRIAL for insurrection held? It's a simple question, should have a simple answer - I can't seem to find it on any docket, though

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stopped believing SC nominees when Sotomayor said Heller was precedent, then went the opposite in McDonald v Chicago when she got on the court.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
just a simple question - when was Trump's due-process TRIAL for insurrection held? It's a simple question, should have a simple answer - I can't seem to find it on any docket, though

Due process is the overall process applied. The procedures is Colorado is due process. The question is was sufficient due process applied to declare someone engaged in insurrection and bar them from standing for election as President.

For the historical understanding of the Insurrection Clause that I have outlined previously I say no. Colorado Supreme Court disagrees. The federal Supreme Court shall have the final arbitration.

Back40: The only say you have on who gets on that court is secondary through the election of President and the individual members of the Senate who get to question, confront, and vote on who gets to that court.

When we allow, surge our shoulders, those who are so questioned to mislead the system cannot work.

What is precedent from McDonald itself was that the 2nd Amendment was incorporated against state action at least to the extent that a citizen could not be prevented from an out right ban on possession of arms on common use, including handguns, for the Fundamental Right of self-protection. The Court permitted wo giving an exhaustive list of classes of citizens and locations where regulation of the right to so posses was presumptively constitutional. That was the holding.

Many believed this incorporated right created a mandate for Strict Scrutiny review. The appellate courts by and large rejected that view adopting Intermediate Scrutiny. The S.Ct., in Bruen states clearly that the level of Scrutiny to be applied is Strict Scrutiny. Unless, the state can show that the regulation does not touch a historical recognized aspect of arms possession in the United States, or the regulation is analogous to one of the presumptively constitutional categories.

More litigation is to follow as the Court is going to be forced to address these asserted presumptively constitutional areas. How the presumption can be overturned, and when history conflicts on a given fact pattern does Strict Scrutiny apply for a given fact pattern.