THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    As I have always said…racism was dead and buried in US…until 0bama resurrected it
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As I have always said…racism was dead and buried in US…until 0bama resurrected it Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/...053802033332486?s=46

Thanks Barry. thumbdown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36560 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Democrats are doing all they can to divide this country.....

Posts: 41776 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad the Supreme did not agree w you when they struck down a racial gerrymander district in Alabama that had existed for near 30 years.

Of only they had seen your chart.

Posts: 10845 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the premise of the OP is utter BS.

Blaming Obama is nonsense. Racism is alive and thriving, and always will, in the hearts and minds of Christian Nationalists, fascist wannabees, Trump supporters present and former, and most GOPers.

Blaming Obama is just looking for a scapegoat to avoid looking at oneself and who you ID with and who is associated, and many intrinsic beliefs.

The KKK didn't disband, it dispersed.

Eugenics didn't go away either.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19684 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

Blaming Obama is nonsense. Racism is alive and thriving, and always will, in the hearts and minds of Christian Nationalists, fascist wannabees, Trump supporters present and former, and most GOPers.

Blaming Obama is just looking for a scapegoat to avoid looking at oneself and who you ID with and who is associated, and many intrinsic beliefs.

data doesn't lie Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36560 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Data does not address causation. I think an equally plausible case can be made that the success of the progressives on many social fronts actually brought the latent racism/bigotry/Christian nationalism out of the woodwork and the increased use of language referring to such groups is merely a function of that segment of society being given legitimacy by Trump, MAGAggots, etc.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

data doesn't lie Wink

Liars misinterpret and misapply data.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Data does not address causation. I think an equally plausible case can be made that the success of the progressives on many social fronts actually brought the latent racism/bigotry/Christian nationalism out of the woodwork and the increased use of language referring to such groups is merely a function of that segment of society being given legitimacy by Trump, MAGAggots, etc.

And 0bama was the progressive.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . but that does not explain the increased use of the term, the insects pouring out of the woodwork explains the increased use of the term. A roach is not offended when it is called a roach. A racist need not be offended when he or she is called a racist. You see an outbreak of roaches, you use the term roach more often. You see an outbreak of racism, you use the term racist more often. Someone with your crackerjack analytical capabilities should be able to grasp that pretty readily.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Exponential rise during Trump's tenure...I idly wonder why.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And some can see your point, but you haven’t proven causation yet, either.

Unlike Dr. E, I don’t think Obama was causative.

Obama’s election was yet another indicator of something causing a progressive shift.

I’m neither involved enough or knowledgeable enough to definitely say what caused that.

My suspicion is that it’s a combination of war weariness and the media progressives seeing an opportunity to shift the country.

When most journalists now go in to journalism to effect change and make a difference instead of reporting who, what, when, how; and they give opinions on why, you have some of the changes.

Unfortunately (or maybe it’s a good thing, I see both sides) with the internet the old promotion of a journalist to editor is no where as influential as it used to be.

If you want to spend the time, you can find stuff on the internet and bypass the editorial decisions of what is news.

quote:
. . . but that does not explain the increased use of the term, the insects pouring out of the woodwork explains the increased use of the term. A roach is not offended when it is called a roach. A racist need not be offended when he or she is called a racist. You see an outbreak of roaches, you use the term roach more often. You see an outbreak of racism, you use the term racist more often. Someone with your crackerjack analytical capabilities should be able to grasp that pretty readily.

Posts: 10605 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

data doesn't lie Wink

"there are three kinds of lies - lies, damn lies and statistics"

Just because something has become the phrase du jour in the media that doesn't necessarily correlate with a change in occurrence. Neither does a change in awareness, or the numbers of people "playing the race card" getting a mention in the media.

We've had this argument before, racism was alive and well in the US prior to the Obama years.

Posts: 7165 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Ledvm's view Obama resurrected racism by being black??? Damn him for that, I guess???

White Supremacists come up with some of the stupidest statements.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mr. Jines - Yes or No, Am I a racist?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3390 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
In Ledvm's view Obama resurrected racism by being black??? Damn him for that, I guess???

White Supremacists come up with some of the stupidest statements.

No, but by making color part of every discussion. The leftist see color first and foremost.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3390 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EEO, that is the marginalization and discrimination against whites, started under the Nixon administration. It was perfected during the Clinton administration against white males in the Government, I assume also in academia. It just got worse, and worse, and worse. festering, till the puss pocket of anti white racism burst forth to affect the general population.

I saw a black Obama aide state on stage "we are not discriminating, we are correcting for discrimination". First time I heard that was from the black EEO Officer in 1983.

I predicted that the anti white male discrimination was going to hit its numerical limit. Back in the 1960's when the foundations of this racism against whites started, the population was 90% white. The entire reason for identifying as a race, is so the Federal Government can divert resources away from whites. And for decades, every female and minority got their own white male butt monkey to dry hump. But demographics change and at some number, white males are in fact a minority, and not every female and minority gets their own white male butt monkey to dry hump.

Now we are in an Oppression Olympics, each female and minority collective is reaching its own level, on who gets the most goodies, based on their historic oppression by white males. It has only been recently that white women have been recognized for having "white privilege". Thus, they are being demoted on the oppression index. And white women hate it, the only people they can piss on, are white men.

Who remain the ultimate oppressor, regardless of the ranking of the victim collectives above them, all females and minorities get preferences and advantages that white men do not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing Obama did was win the election while being black. Racists, who've always been there, came crawling out from under every rock. Some of them post stupid shit in here about it all the time.

Posts: 15878 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, Wimple. All Obama did was flush the racists out of hiding. They think he gives them a good pretext for touting their racism.

And yes, Lane, I do think that deep down, maybe even in your subconscious, you are afflicted with racism. Your posts here prove it.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

No, I do not believe that for a minute. However, I do believe that a large segment of the MAGA movement is and that Trump is an enabler that gives them a voice and a rallying point.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

No, I do not believe that for a minute. However, I do believe that a large segment of the MAGA movement is and that Trump is an enabler that gives them a voice and a rallying point.

Mike -

I don't think or believe that Trump is anymore of a racism enabler than Biden is for either Islama-phobia or Antisemitism.

They are both politicians at heart. They don't want to alienate any part of their constituency, period. Getting elected and staying in office pull folks away from who they really are, out in the open and makes them do shit they normally wouldn't do or say.

I was going to run for the state legislature once. My business partner laughed me out of his office. He told me I am far too honest to run for office. That seems odd, being too honest is a liability it seems.

- Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I agree, Wimple. All Obama did was flush the racists out of hiding. They think he gives them a good pretext for touting their racism.

And yes, Lane, I do think that deep down, maybe even in your subconscious, you are afflicted with racism. Your posts here prove it.

What a joke!

I will be sure and share your opinion with all my black, and Hispanic colleagues, friends, and ball players.

My Dad went back to college when I started the first grade at Texas Tech to get his Masters in Range Management.

I started the first grade as a minority in a rural cotton farming community — Wolfforth, TX.

It was 45% white and 55% minority about equally split between Hispanic and black. We were all good friends.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The thing about racism is that how public it is, is not a measure of its existence.

Posts: 10845 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might have all the black and Hispanic friends in the world, but I bet you wouldn't want your son marrying one of them.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As long as they thought like him.

Like all your gay friends that I am sure you call abominations to their face and their marriage rights the ruin of the country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I started the first grade as a minority in a rural cotton farming community — Wolfforth, TX.

There's something very interesting about that:

My research shows that Wolfforth, TX is part of the Lubbock Independent School District
https://www.google.com/maps/di...584345!3e0?entry=ttu

Then this from Texas A&M University:

https://oaktrust.library.tamu....ISSERTATION-2016.pdf

THE CITY THAT THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT FORGOT:
SEGREGATION AND COLLECTIVE MEMORY IN LUBBOCK, TX 1890-1990

ABSTRACT
This work uses previously unpublished primary documents and oral histories from several archives to demonstrate that the city of Lubbock, TX began a collective memory in 1955 that misrepresented the status of race relations, and allowed them to claim a civil rights movement was unnecessary even though protests and marches were occurring throughout the rest of the nation.

This work lays out how the city council, main city newspaper, and the city’s Anglo population began constructing a post-racial narrative by touting that Lubbock Independent School District (LISD) voluntarily desegregated in 1955, suggesting that desegregation throughout the city followed without incident. The city built on this narrative by arguing that the city united during the aftermath of a 1970 tornado that tore through the city, ending all remaining remnants of segregation.

However, as this study explores the events during the three decades following the 1970 tornado, such as the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) lawsuit against LISD, and the civil rights activity that occurred in the wake of the DOJ’s presence, it is made evident that the city’s collective memory is more myth than reality.

Although some achievements were made towards racial equality during the three decades, the misrepresentative narrative is continuously pushed by the city, uncontested by the Anglo majority, and defiant that racial progress occurred by force. As a result the core of the city’s racial inequality remains, hindering future aspirations of its Mexican American and African American populations.

Also:

https://casetext.com/case/unit...dent-school-district

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19684 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
No one will EVER eliminate racism.

Part of the human race!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66957 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
No one will EVER eliminate racism.

Part of the human race!

There are people who deny it, and those who embrace it, and those who recognize it for what it is.

But, as Saeed says, it's always there.

Kinda like climate change. dancing

XXX

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Real racism is quite rare today.

Sadly, the stupid idiots screaming their heads about racism now only point to silly, irrelevant actions!

Take the N word for instance .

Humans are of different races.

So why are we not allowed to say one word??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66957 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "N" word, in its most vulgar spelling and meaning, is commonly used when one "N" is referring to another "N".

But let a non-"N" use the word, all heck breaks loose.

Go figure.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My research shows that Wolfforth, TX is part of the Lubbock Independent School District

ABSTRACT
This work uses previously unpublished primary documents and oral histories from several archives to demonstrate that the city of Lubbock, TX began a collective memory in 1955 that misrepresented the status of race relations, and allowed them to claim a civil rights movement was unnecessary even though protests and marches were occurring throughout the rest of the nation.

This work lays out how the city council, main city newspaper, and the city’s Anglo population began constructing a post-racial narrative by touting that Lubbock Independent School District (LISD) voluntarily desegregated in 1955, suggesting that desegregation throughout the city followed without incident. The city built on this narrative by arguing that the city united during the aftermath of a 1970 tornado that tore through the city, ending all remaining remnants of segregation.

However, as this study explores the events during the three decades following the 1970 tornado, such as the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) lawsuit against LISD, and the civil rights activity that occurred in the wake of the DOJ’s presence, it is made evident that the city’s collective memory is more myth than reality.

Although some achievements were made towards racial equality during the three decades, the misrepresentative narrative is continuously pushed by the city, uncontested by the Anglo majority, and defiant that racial progress occurred by force. As a result the core of the city’s racial inequality remains, hindering future aspirations of its Mexican American and African American populations.

Also:

In 1970 (when I entered first grade) it was Wolfforth ISD. My mom, one aunt, and one uncle taught there then. Don’t know anything about Lubbock ISD. Wolfforth was a cotton farming community with 3 gins at the time along the railroad. As a kid…Lubbock still seemed a distant place albeit we did go there on weekends.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

ABSTRACT

Also:

In 1970 (when I entered first grade) it was Wolfforth ISD. My mom, one aunt, and one uncle taught there then. Don’t know anything about Lubbock ISD. Wolfforth was a cotton farming community with 3 gins at the time along the railroad. As a kid…Lubbock still seemed a distant place albeit we did go there on weekends.

Like Robert Earl Keen said, the cottons all but gone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also interesting.

Since you shared some personal info, I will too, although I have found that risky and wished I hadn't it in the past.

I graduated from high school before desegregation. I remember the turmoil when desegregation hit.

I grew up in a cotton farming region in Georgia. I saw the transition from share-cropping. I'm old enough to remember seeing the black families who still lived on the farm pick cotton by hand. I did that too. Cotton stalks used to be taller back then and there were several pickings as the bolls ripened. No chemicals were used to make the bolls open all at the same time. Pesticide was used of course. My dad had a mule drawn sprayer, and several mules. He once tried a horse which didn't turn out well. I recently gave the old sprayer on tall iron wheels away to a collector of antique farm equipment just to get rid of it to a good home.

Also, I have recognized for many years that I'm a racist. The culture in which I was raised indoctrinated me. I certainly don't blame my parents since they made no conscience contribution to the condition. It was just the way it was back then hereabouts. I call it indoctrination, nonetheless. I'll never get over it, but I can recognize it for what it is.

Every time I stand in line behind a "N" in Walmart or the grocery store, and every time I see a mixed-race couple or an advertisement with a mixed-race couple, or queers too, or hear rap, loud boomer speakers in a car, I am triggered. Same for the race riots. I don't trust a group of young blacks and leave quickly. I carry and train.

I had family members, in Mississippi and Louisiana, in the KKK. I remember some church members who believed that Blacks didn't have a soul. I remember asking what about Mulattos - do they have half a soul? I remember the reaction too.

So, believe me when I say I know about racism.

BTW, I too have friends who are black and Hispanic or at least they are not of ill intent. Maybe I'm foolish but I think I can recognize mutual respect when I see it. The only things I would hold against them is if I discovered they supported Trump, talked trash, had a criminal record, but I would weigh in redeeming qualities. Heck, there are plenty of low-life white trailer trash around here to worry about.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Interesting read ME, thanks for taking the time to post that.

Posts: 7165 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that a full list of the rascists?

How come you didnt include those protesting and rioting and behaving appallingly towards jewish citizens of america right now?

Posts: 4242 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being Jewish is a religion, not a race.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "N" word, in its most vulgar spelling and meaning, is commonly used when one "N" is referring to another "N".

Go figure.

Not hard for me to figure. Blacks make the N-word their own for solidarity and perhaps to mock whites among themselves.

When I was in Japan, Westerners routinely referred to each other as "gaijin." But we didn't like it much when Japanese called us that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:

Your Supreme court doesn't agree with you.
Regardless you miss the point.

Posts: 4242 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

Go figure.

Not hard for me to figure. Blacks make the N-word their own for solidarity and perhaps to mock whites among themselves.

When I was in Japan, Westerners routinely referred to each other as "gaijin." But we didn't like it much when Japanese called us that.

Sometimes the word "bubba" is used in the context of buddy. I sometimes refer to my Texas buddies as bubba. But if someone who are not in the group of friends calls us bubbas, that's different.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
quote:

I don't care. You can be any ace and be Jewish. Any color you want, black, brown, white, yellow, red.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
quote:

I don't care. You can be any ace and be Jewish. Any color you want, black, brown, white, yellow, red.

Thats understandable. it suits your purpose to not care. Maybe look into why the supreme court agrees with me and understand the point and why your original reply was worthless.