Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Lives Matter In Africa! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
"aggravated homosexuality"

That sounds yucky.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Texas Written GOP Platform states the overturning of Lawrence v Texas.

The S. Ct., case that invalidated state laws criminalization consensual sex between adults.
It also forever rejected the notion that “religious” morality is the basis for law.

So, Texas GOP has more in common with an underdeveloped African Nation State than most of the United States.

AG Paxton made the Uganda Criminalization a center point of his Administration.

https://epgn.com/2022/07/06/an...omy-laws-return/?amp

You know AF Paxton, the Great Libertarian, Dr. Easter bedroom Czar’s agent for Governmental social control.

Give me a Dem any day over Dr. Easter, AG Paxton, and Uganda’s version of freedom.

Let us not forget, that those laws Lawrence v Texas invalidated were targeted against gay people. However, as written they applied to all of us.

Posts: 10930 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, should Lawrence v. Texas be overturned?

Heym is on a roll.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mike and Joshua,

Read Scalia’s dissent and get back with me.

Mike’s response will be f@(k Scalia.

But, reading it “might” give Joshua some pause (I still hold out hope for him.).

Mike,
I agree with Justice Scalia. I think it was a bad ruling and an activist decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More judge not from the good Christians among us Roll Eyes

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Mike and Joshua,

But, reading it “might” give Joshua some pause (I still hold out hope for him.).

Mike,
I agree with Justice Scalia. I think it was a bad ruling and an activist decision.

I have read the dissent. It is a dissent.

Go read the Dissent Ms in Heller and its lineage.

More Bedroom Czar Libertarianism.

Again, you do not answer the question posed.

Posts: 10930 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Mike and Joshua,

Mike, I agree with Justice Scalia. I think it was a bad ruling and an activist decision.

I have read the dissent. It is a dissent.

Go read the Dissent Ms in Heller and its lineage.

More Bedroom Czar Libertarianism.

Again, you do not answer the question posed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. Thank you for putting the toes on the line.